to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:32 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
REAL men land Strykers on tables in an upright flat spin.......
And the rest stay a safe distance away!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
682 Posts
OK. I already do Vapor carrier takeoffs off the roof and out of the back cargo deck of my little Forester SUV...and landings in the back. No big deal, but fun.

So with the new Mini Vapor, I'll have to try takeoff, flight, micro-aerobatic maneuvers, and landing...all done INSIDE the car! Now THAT would be a way to spend a rainy day!

Oh, and if I want to try it in wind, all I have to do is turn on the car's ac!

Just funnin'! But...I wonder...???

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:11 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr View Post
......Oh, and if I want to try it in wind, all I have to do is turn on the car's ac!

Just funnin'! But...I wonder...???

Tom
You might even be able to generate some artificial 'ridge lift' if you get the vents adjusted just right! Slope soaring the AC vents would be cool!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Aug 2011
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
You might even be able to generate some artificial 'ridge lift' if you get the vents adjusted just right! Slope soaring the AC vents would be cool!

Joel
BIG LOL!!!

Yeah, I'd set the vents, turn up the ac fan to high, drop all seats down, sit in the back cargo area, and slope soar to my heart's content!

And on a calm, sunny day, I could open the windows and do passthroughs!

And if I open the sunroof, maybe I could slope soar her right up through the roof! Man, we're gettin' creative, now!

Tom
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Smells like and endurance contest challenge to me.. just sayin'

Tony
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:26 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,392 Posts
had another fly right on dusk tonight as there was no wind and also with a few tips on how to fly a Vapor, i moved the battery back and yes! this thing flys really slow, i was like hovering it around a very small area outside.
Came in charged the battery and thought i'd try in the lounge room, but alas it was straight into the wall DOHHH!! i tell you i am not an indoor flyer, so didn't try again as i do not want to break this plane, although i must say it seems quiet durable too, anyway I'll wait till i can get into a hall and film it.
But for you guys who know how to fly a Vapor i think you will like how slow this one can go

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
had another fly right on dusk tonight as there was no wind and also with a few tips on how to fly a Vapor, i moved the battery back and yes! this thing flys really slow, i was like hovering it around a very small area outside.
Came in charged the battery and thought i'd try in the lounge room, but alas it was straight into the wall DOHHH!! i tell you i am not an indoor flyer, so didn't try again as i do not want to break this plane, although i must say it seems quiet durable too, anyway I'll wait till i can get into a hall and film it.
But for you guys who know how to fly a Vapor i think you will like how slow this one can go

cheers chuck
Thanks Chuck! I'm not a very experienced RC pilot, but I've learned how to fly a Vapor indoors. Here's a short video clip I made this morning of me flying our Night Vapor inside our house. I'm fortunate to have a nice area for flying indoors, as long as I maintain enough altitude to stay above the furniture, it's fairly open. When we first got the Vapor I couldn't do this, but after practicing outdoors in calm conditions it became easy. With winter approaching in the northern hemisphere, I expect I will be flying it indoors more often, perhaps I will learn how to takeoff and land from the tables. I hope to add a Mini Vapor to the hangar as soon as it's available.

Jay

Flying the Night Vapor indoors (1 min 7 sec)
JayY is offline Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:40 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY View Post
Thanks Chuck! I'm not a very experienced RC pilot, but I've learned how to fly a Vapor indoors.....
Jay
Honest-to-God transcript:

Me: Hey, come look at this!

Wifey: His wife lets him do that???!!!???

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Nov 03, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:48 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Honest-to-God transcript:

Me: Hey, come look at this!

Wifey: His wife lets him do that???!!!???

Yes, my wife lets me do that. The Vapor is so light and slow it couldn't damage anything. I got in trouble once when I crashed a 120SR helicopter and the main rotor damaged a lampshade. I replaced the lampshade with a better one, and I no longer fly that one indoors, but the MCX2 helicopter, the MQX quadcopter, and the Night Vapor are tolerated.
JayY is offline Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:08 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY View Post
.....I replaced the lampshade with a better one, and I no longer fly that one indoors......
Yeah, I quit flying lampshades indoors, too.....

Now, I'm just a desk jockey.

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:24 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
MSR, MCX2, Night Vapor, and LadyBird... these are my approved indoor aircraft. The CX3 is no longer allowed, as there was an issue with gashes in the wall... In my defense, I was still trimming it.
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:50 PM
Pigeon 4 life.
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
655 Posts
Wish that was my table.
addictedtoplanes is online now Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:20 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,070 Posts
I'm gonna get this at Christmas....cant wait

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Aug 2011
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post

cheers chuck
THANKS, CHUCK! Very helpful!

Now I really CAN'T wait for this one to arrive! It promises to make indoor winter flying a whole lot more fun!!

Glad the little Vapor is so durable. Sure hope it didn't hurt your wall! (heehee!)

Tom