HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:29 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykehunt View Post
I wonder if Herr Mike is applying a lot of pressure to the reviewer to have his kompany promoted? is he also applying a lot of pressure to the reviewer to provide a positive reeview and overlook any problems?

-Mykea
well the Maiden is up and to prove a point to you and other doubter's i did not thank Mike vocally, i shortened the OMP banner time and i looked like i just got home from playing in the band all night oh thats right i did

now don't you think if i worked for someone they would want me to comb my hair, have a shave, not show you the parts where i crash heaps Oh! and wear the company shirt to promote them ( mind you i wouldn't mind a shirt, jumper and jacket Hint Hint haha )

ChuckT is! ChuckT and always will be! I am the person you see and i don't intend to change I just have a mutual agreement with Mike, he's happy and i'm happy too end of story

If anything i think it's sad that with all i do on the net for the planes "I" love, Horizon Hobby has not come to the party and supplied anything to me yet i know from the forums i have helped sell many a product of theirs "All Over The World!" "For Free!" yet you don't see me bothered or complaining. (well apart from this whine )

Yes a big thanks to Dave from Horizon Hobby for liking my videos, meeting me here in Australia when he came over and introducing me to Mike and an even Bigger THANK YOU to Mike from OMP for supplying these great models for me to video, Thanks Guys

On another note To all on the East Coast of the USA i hope your all safe and sound and get though this storm with as little heart ache as possible

cheers chuck

PS sorry for the rant but sometimes i get peeved off with comments like this guys, when i reckon it's easy to see, no one would employ me

Parkzone Mini Vapor Un-Boxing Review (5 min 11 sec)

Parkzone Mini Vapor Maiden (6 min 37 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,954 Posts
ChuckT your doing a great job and you shouldn't change anything because of one comment. In fact you should be giving more banner time for what your getting. Like everybody else I'd love to be in your shoes (except those blue things you wear)
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
Thats ok, we know you're more or less sponsored by them and their logos do belong here.

I'm no fanboy of brands, but, your videos DO add value, and they show us *early* how the models are like, much better than commercial videos. That is extremely appreciated. That's all that matters in my opinion. And then again I'm generally the first to complain about that sort of stuff
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:33 PM
Canada, AB, Fort MacLeod
Joined Aug 2011
247 Posts
Hey ChuckT, I've been watching your vids for a long time.I think you were picked to get the first new release just because of your unbiased reviews and the excellent way that you respond to all of the questions from the forums. You should be on their payroll but that is what the free planes before the masses is probably about.
I think you may be off a bit about Horizon Hobby not helping out though. I see their name on the box that you received way before we get one. Yeah , I'm jealous, but glad that you get them because of your skills.

Thanks for doing what you do and being who you are.
John
Johnny Five is offline Find More Posts by Johnny Five
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:33 PM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
Yeah i think we should all take a stand and only buy a vapor if Chuck gets a vapor AND an edge 540QQ free
Well he's got the vapor already so just an edge 540 eh Chuck!!
Cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
Chuck, his name is C U N.... well say the whole thing together... you can't take a guy like that seriously. As to HH, while I think they would love to hook you up, they can't. If they hook you up with goodies then you can no longer be trusted by certain idiots on the web. I think they are supporting you, they send stuff to OMP because they know that YOU will get it and review it.

I'm not sure about this mini vapor, I'm glad you can hear the wind in your video because it helps lessen my worries about the few times you flew high alpha and it dropped like a rock. Vapors are fun, modded ones are a blast outside in minor breezes. I would expect the mini to be similar and for the most part it appears to be. I do wonder if folks will mod the airframe to accept a slightly (or even the vapor) wing.

Thanks for doing what you do.
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
when i reckon it's easy to see, no one would employ me
Hey, all the time, I was sure you were working for ME! (more pictures, more pictures!) I was about to send you a large paycheck as well. (add ripping paycheck noise here). Oh well...

P.S.: Now that I've said that, you have to fly that Vapor inside NOW!. (Where's that whip, where did I put that whip again!....)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
hey guys i honestly do not worry about comments like this guys, but every now and again i feel the need to clear the air, as many have not known me since this all started to happen a few years back, the fun we use to have when i was the guy from the future, how did he find this out! haha and all did was check out the modelflight web site, as they released a day early, anyway a lot really do think i work for them.

no disrespect to HH i love their products and after all it was Dave Eichstedt who made all this possible, again many thanks to Dave, but yes My Pony Rocks you are correct too in that if they did, i guess many would then think i have sold out and am just voicing what they script for me. But thats far from the truth, as said i am Me! and would think just like my agreement with Mike, they could help Mike out and supply me with some products now and again.
I think you will find OMP as an importer would get a few samples of new products, i think these are the planes that go to the magazine reviewers, so at a guess he is giving me one of these and some poor magazine reviewer isn't getting one and also why sometimes he asks for me to get the plane back as soon as possible as it has to go somewhere else. I really feel the pressure not to crash on those ones haha
No i would be one of the happiest modelers in the world and am very happy with whats happening in my R/C life. I just wish i could afford a better camera, one more suited to the job at hand, that would make me extremely happy, Hmm! any camera companies want to support/advertise on my Youtube channel and supply a good video camera LOL!

again thanks to all for the support it's a great community we have here and i'm glad to be part of it

cheers chuck

PS RealGambler "yes Sir Sir" i'm onto it! Now about that check!
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
PS RealGambler "yes Sir Sir" i'm onto it! Now about that check!
Forget it, too late! It would be in canadian funds anyway... Probably not worth anything once in Australia!

At least, look at it this way... You cannot be fired if you're not on the payroll anymore! What do they say again? Oh yes, "slaves" cannot be fired!

P.S.: It's about time you get Corinne on the transmitter instead of the camera and the mini-Vapor would be a good start for her! (Just show her hands if she doesn't want to appear on the video). Would be nice to have a beginner (and yourself as well) for the indoor video!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,430 Posts
Chuck,
If you still have the Mini Vapor, could you measure the length of the chord on the wings, and weight of the entire plane with battery on your scale? With these two measurements we can then calculate wing loading.

Thanks,
Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:19 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,794 Posts
They give the weight as 8.7 grams RTF, probably still worth checking though.

Wing area is a bit more tricky to get due to the planform. The tailplane is pretty big ... I suspect it could amost be treated as a tandem wing design!
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:22 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,794 Posts
In the manual the CG is given as 60mm from the LE, and that looks to be about 50% chord:

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...-Manual_EN.pdf
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
767 Posts
Chuck,

You wrote "as i said, i am Me!". Well, we're sure glad you ARE "you"!
You are very special and a joy to know.

You bring such enthusiasm and excitement to each aircraft you review. When you do your unboxing and maiden videos, it's like watching a bright-eyed, eager child on Christmas morning! The pure joy you bring is infectious. I cannot watch one of your videos without smiling...BIG! It's impossible!

Trust me, "you being you" is part of the joy and charm of your videos. Any of us could unbox an aircraft, set it up, fly it, and have somebody video us as we do so. But NOBODY could do it like YOU do! Besides sharing very honest, useful and helpful information, you share yourself with us on your videos. For that gift, I most humbly say, "Thank You!"

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Last edited by shepflyr; Oct 30, 2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: word addition
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:46 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
They give the weight as 8.7 grams RTF, probably still worth checking though.

Wing area is a bit more tricky to get due to the planform. The tailplane is pretty big ... I suspect it could amost be treated as a tandem wing design!
yes, the stated weight was discussed way up in this thread. But, it's good to check.
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
Playtoy
Mtl, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
199 Posts
Parkzone, Horizon, what's up with the 80 $ price tag for the BNF. The blade scout comes RTF for 50$.
Cheetah401 is offline Find More Posts by Cheetah401