Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,022 Posts
Thanks for the unboxing.

In the next day or so a major storm is due around here. It'll be fun watching a video of this little thing flying as the wind howls outside and the windows rattle. I'll make sure this iPad is charged in case the lights go out!

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
Thanks for the unboxing.

In the next day or so a major storm is due around here. It'll be fun watching a video of this little thing flying as the wind howls outside and the windows rattle. I'll make sure this iPad is charged in case the lights go out!

Pete
+1. I wish I had this mini-vapor in my hands. Would be nice to be able to fly when you got nothing else to do because the storm knocks out your power...especially when school is cancelled for the next 2 days.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:09 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Parkzone Mini Vapor Maiden..............

With no indoor stadium available on weekends for me to fly in, we tried to find a nice spot at the local High School, which we manged to do. Now this being the first time i have ever flown a small ultra light plane like a Vapor i had no idea on how it is meant to fly, so went into this maiden clueless! Well what can one say but i had a heap of fun even outside with the breeze and i am 100% sure this is going to be a winner for the indoor set. only thing i found wrong that i could see, was the battery tray seemed a little too loose to me, but again maybe it's meant to for ease of CG adjustments, anyway easy to fix. Again thanks to Mike from OMP for supplying the Parkzone Mini Vapor, so sit back and enjoy the first flights with ChuckT

cheers chuck

PS really needs to be viewed in HD

Parkzone Mini Vapor Maiden (6 min 37 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
only thing i found wrong that i could see, was the battery tray seemed a little too loose to me, but again maybe it's meant to for ease of CG adjustments, anyway easy to fix.
Yep, the battery tray should slide around for C.G. adjustment. But sure enough, it should not slide easily (or at least by itself while in flight). In fact, that's one of the great thing about Vapors. It's so easy to tweak the C.G.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,483 Posts
Certainly with the 'full-size' Vapor it's necessary to have the battery quite far back for slow (high alpha) flight. As with many lightweight 3D models, moving the CG back doesn't seem to make it unstable. I look forward to some indoor video of the Mini.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
692 Posts
Chuck,

I'll have to take issue with your assessment of your flying skills. Don't downgrade yourself. That was GREAT! It takes a LOT of skill to fly any vapor in wind, let alone fly it around poles and walls and ceilings and trees and other obstacles in wind. You did a super job! What a fun video!!!

You're right...slide batt (cg) back in windless conditions and slide it forward in wind. As lightweight as Vapors are, they're really not designed to be flown in wind. But by the end of the video, you were using the wind to help and were "playing" it well. Congrats...and thanks!!!

Now I REALLY gotta get one when they come out!

Tom

PS: Seeing the school and hearing your Australian birds chirping in the background was a special treat! Thanks for letting us into your world. Gonna watch it again.
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:08 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,530 Posts
Hey Chuck,

Enjoyed the video! That torque-roll at 2:00 was spot-on! You did a great job of maneuvering in close-quarters - especially considering the wind. I agree with Shep - there ain't nothin' wrong with your flying skills!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Oct 28, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:46 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Hey electric, its been a while, hows it going?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
ap,

You might be waiting awhile for an answer!

electricrc68
99% of my posts are questions

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Been going pretty good actually! Getting better at flying, doing some early research for colleges, and bracing myself for this hurricane. Hows it going with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
ap,

You might be waiting awhile for an answer!

electricrc68
99% of my posts are questions

rc
Yes, that is very true. He gets the rare 1% where I actually answer something (even though I asked a question, when answering a question).
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:24 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
what kind of colleges? Having fun with you T-28? Haha. Well, im thinking about college but have some serious health issues i have to get resolved first. And so inbetween doctor visits I fly the hell out of the day and night
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
what kind of colleges? Having fun with you T-28? Haha. Well, im thinking about college but have some serious health issues i have to get resolved first. And so inbetween doctor visits I fly the hell out of the day and night
Well I'm looking for colleges in Florida since thats my all time favorite state and I plan on settling down and living there after college as well. I plan on going to medical school, so I need to first figure out whether I'm supposed to go to college and complete a biology degree or go to college and just do pre reqs (there is no such thing as pre-med ). Yep my T-28 is pretty fun...the most enjoyable plane in my fleet so far actually! I hope your health issues clear up fast and allow you to get into college and finish it up (if you don't mind saying, what health issues are we speaking of? You can send me a PM if you need. Sorry, I'm interested in this stuff... hence why the medical school path. ).
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:01 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
I had a brain tumor in my cerebellum a while back, but thats mostly dealt with. And i have a rare spinal disease that cause extreme chronic pain in the legs, the doctors dont know how to treat it. But flying is a damn good way to just unwind from doctor crap. I love doing carrier take offs and landings with my vapor of my living room coffee table, but with a MINI vapor! Total blast.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:08 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Well I'm looking for colleges in Florida.....
Check out Eckerd College, in St. Petersburg.

My younger son was accepted there, but didn't go. I always kinda wished he did.

Really nice people (students and faculty/admin), gorgeous setting and climate, strong academics, just the right size, etc., etc.

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
I had a brain tumor in my cerebellum a while back, but thats mostly dealt with. And i have a rare spinal disease that cause extreme chronic pain in the legs, the doctors dont know how to treat it. But flying is a damn good way to just unwind from doctor crap. I love doing carrier take offs and landings with my vapor of my living room coffee table, but with a MINI vapor! Total blast.
Wow I wish you luck in your recovery. That must be really painful. Yeah RC is a great way to just unwind! It really does help out when things are rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Check out Eckerd College, in St. Petersburg.

My younger son was accepted there, but didn't go. I always kinda wished he did.

Really nice people (students and faculty/admin), gorgeous setting and climate, strong academics, just the right size, etc., etc.

Cool thanks for the suggestion! Good part is that St. Petersburg is right near my uncle's house!
RCG Plus Member