HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Apr 2001
372 Posts
New Product
Parkzone Mini Vapor

Does anyone have any info on the New Parkzone Mini Vapor advertised in the Jan Issue of Electric Flight.
Flyboy70 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy70
Last edited by Flyboy70; Oct 20, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Minneapolis Mn
Joined Jan 2003
897 Posts
???? Pics

??? Videos
jimklein is offline Find More Posts by jimklein
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
I would have taken a picture of the magazine ad had I known that there would be absolutely no information about this plane online. It better be good!
Lepidopteran Ape is offline Find More Posts by Lepidopteran Ape
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Apr 2001
372 Posts
Mini Vapor

Here is a picture of the ad in the Jan, Issue of Electric Flight showing the Mini Vapor..It is I/2 the size of the regular vapor.The ad says go to Parkzone.com to learn more about it.. But I can not find any info there. Anyone else have any infoo?
Flyboy70 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy70
Last edited by Flyboy70; Oct 21, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Wow! Probably the only micro that would still fly well being smaller!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:50 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Dang, I already have too many Vapors... But if that one ever show up, I may be interested! Look like standard receiver, but smaller 6 mm motor? Sweet. Maybe simply got pushed back because of the servo nightmare they had a few months ago...
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:07 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Looks like a ember gearbox and maybe a cub prop with less pitch. The motor does look small in the picture. If its still 6mm, the J-3 motor mould make a rocket sled.

The Vapor props of late have been sketchy, so hopefully its a better prop... not having the oddball Vapor gearshaft is good, too.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:28 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,184 Posts
Yeah last couple vapor props have been terrible for me.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
Intriguing..
I searched for PKZU1280 and PKZU1280 on both the Horizon and Parkzone sites, as well as googling it and got absolutely no hits?
The SKU's have been pulled obviously but some trace should remain..
Went to archive.org to peek at the sites as they looked around Dec -11/Jan -12 but alas the last crawl dates from July 2011, too early.
It's as if it never existed.

I probably wouldn't have wanted one if it were available, but now that I'm being denied it I need one!

Edit: I went to the swedish Horizon dealer's site, they usually have the entire HH products and parts list for download, figured if theirs was old enough it might be mentioned in the list.
But the site is down, looks like the company's gone belly up!

Where did I put the tinfoil, need to make a hat..
Pouncer is offline Find More Posts by Pouncer
Last edited by Pouncer; Oct 21, 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: conspiracy!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Awesome.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Ive got to have it!
derrickh78 is offline Find More Posts by derrickh78
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Mar 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Intriguing..
I searched for PKZU1280 and PKZU1280 on both the Horizon and Parkzone sites, as well as googling it and got absolutely no hits?
The SKU's have been pulled obviously but some trace should remain..
Went to archive.org to peek at the sites as they looked around Dec -11/Jan -12 but alas the last crawl dates from July 2011, too early.
It's as if it never existed.

I probably wouldn't have wanted one if it were available, but now that I'm being denied it I need one!

Edit: I went to the swedish Horizon dealer's site, they usually have the entire HH products and parts list for download, figured if theirs was old enough it might be mentioned in the list.
But the site is down, looks like the company's gone belly up!

Where did I put the tinfoil, need to make a hat..

Nonexistent Guys

Try googling PKZU1280 and PKZU1280 (NOTHING!)

I love photoshop
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
I would love one of these for hallway flights
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Looks like a ember gearbox and maybe a cub prop with less pitch. The motor does look small in the picture. If its still 6mm, the J-3 motor mould make a rocket sled.

The Vapor props of late have been sketchy, so hopefully its a better prop... not having the oddball Vapor gearshaft is good, too.
My guess is the motor is a 6x10, probably the one that Ares has been using in their Nano Stik. At 1.1g the 6x10 is reasonably lighter than the ~1.7g of the existing Parkzone 6x15mm motors.

The original Vapor was almost exactly 15g, which is 0.53 oz. This one says it's a bit less than a third of an ounce. That would put it at about 9.5g. What is interesting is they have shortened the wing span by a greater proportion than they did with the chord. I wonder if the wing loading is lower or not compared to the original Vapor. It's hard to tell from the picture if the brick is different or not. It looks the same to my eye. If so, then most of the weight reduction probably came from using a smaller 6mm motor, the smaller 30mAh battery, and reducing the airframe size. My fingers are crossed that they reduced the weight of the brick.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,043 Posts
I agree, the brick is the thing taking most of the weight. I'd like stuff closer to the plantraco size but with true servos, and BNF ;-) This one would be, well, quite a bit closer. Fun to fly in the living room. The smaller the better
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp