HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Rant
Dynam

So I bought this Dynam FW190 on a sale and a whim.

I'll copy and paste what I wrote on RCDiscuss

"Okay, so what is it with this plane?! I get one, replace bunk ESC with a Hobbywing 60 and ubec. maiden flight is a brownout....2-4 flights are fine with same equipment. 5th flight is a blackout and retracts stopped working. I return Detrum ESC and bunk retracts for replacements. Still unsure if I want to use questionable ESC, I install a 40 Hobbywing with bec that I have been having good luck with. Install replacment retracts. glued plane back together. install Master Airscrew 13x8x3 since getting OEM props are near im possible. 6th flight, remaiden....again....goes really well and plane flies for 6 minutes with touch and goes. I'm happy. Go out today and coming up on my 4 minute mark, I drop retracts, plane goes for 2-3 seconds. I'm in a easy right bank crosswind from the left. Plane flips to the left..( remember I'm holding a right bank/turn to line up on runway), goes dead and crashes yet again! rx had no status light. SO, 3rd prop, cowl broke for the 3rd time, wing broke for the second time and I would like a resolution. Something with this plane isn't right to keep blacking out. This Dynam FW190 is off...
I can no longer reccomend this companies product to anyone and will do my best to stop people from buying Dynam products....

Motor: OE 500kv
Prop: MAster Airscrew 13x8x3
ESC: HObbywing 40amp w/BEC
Battery: G-Force 2800mah4s 40C
RX: Spektrum 6110
Servo's: 3 Detrum running aileron's and Elevator and one TowerPro SG90 on Rudder.

This was my first Dynam plane and will be my last!

So NP! How does this issue get resovled. You got $140 from me and I have a plane that won't fly consistently....

Any help will be appreciated... "

Not really happy with Dynam products.....
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,852 Posts
What do you expect them to do about it? No possibility the problem was caused by you?
Gohmer is online now Find More Posts by Gohmer
Last edited by Gohmer; Oct 20, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
As in how? I'm a derilect flyer and don't know how to fly any planes? yet I scratchbuild planes and have better luck using "cheap Chinese products" As some poeple put it. I have been patient and try to see the benefit of the doubt. yet again, it crashes using parts I took from other planes that caused me no problems at all......it has to be my bad flying then?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:59 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,949 Posts
Buy a real radio and learn to fly
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:08 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,495 Posts
Change the receiver out.

Of course it could be an over amped BEC as in too many servos for the BEC, a bad servo over amping the BEC, faulty antenna on the TX and a few more items. Always a game of component isolation when these kind of failures occur.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Buy a real radio and learn to fly
Wow! Really? That's what it's been all the long? Thanks for your expert opinion...I have a fake radio and can't fly...dang. I feel stupid now.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:08 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
The problem is running a 2800 40C lipo the model is design to run a 4S 2200 25C. Did you ever check to see what the amp draw is at full throttle? I bet is was like 66-70 amps!, huh HELLO,,,, buy a amp meter save the headake.

Most people think if you want get more flight time add a high C rating battery and that is part true but you need check what the battery is drawing and what amps is being pulled from the motor, program ESC with a programing card, test on the bench. If you want to use after market parts do your homework, dont blame the model if you just throw parts in and excpect it to work plus 6110 Rx has crap range like 400ft great for heli's but planes can get out of range easily
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Last edited by warbirdguyn951; Oct 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
thank you for a more educated response. I tried a 60amp before. some people are running 5s in theis plane.....Is there something I'm missing?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
First thing you need to do is find out how many amps the ESC, motor, prop is pulling at full throttle something like this [B][url]http://ascforithobbies.com/index.php/accessories/accessories/extreme-power-analyzer-watt-meter-voltage-checker-and-cell-balancer.html and Im not trying to sell you anything there is allot of meters on the market if you have a company you buy from then inquire with them. It may be the prop is to much pitch but with out a meter there no way to say from what you are saying the ESC is overheating and browning out wich tells me its exceeding the max burst.
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:48 AM
Corona, CA
Joined Oct 2011
376 Posts
Probably your prop. No way you can run a 13-8-3 without frying any esc you put in it. 11-8-3 or 12-8-3 is all that motor can handle. Diameter has the greatest effect on amp draw, not pitch. Get a watt meter and get some information. If you're going to fly electric, it is a necessary tool.
P 51 Jockey is offline Find More Posts by P 51 Jockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Hanger 9 Miss America 67"
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
stock prop is a 13x7x3 with a 40 amp esc. I still don't quite get the battery thing. My buddy runs 2200 40C in his Dynams with no issue....
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:11 PM
Corona, CA
Joined Oct 2011
376 Posts
The C rating shouldn't be an issue. The Master Airscrew props usually pull a few more amps than stock prop. A 40a esc is a little marginal. I use 80a in my Dynams with 4 cell.
P 51 Jockey is offline Find More Posts by P 51 Jockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Hanger 9 Miss America 67"
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
I figured that too with battery. I had blackouts with a 60 amp as well...makes no sense to me. Too bad their stock stuff wouldn't work....I'm gonna fix the wing and put the Detrum ESC in it sometime and if it blackout again, I know it the plane as is....I understand the Airscrew is a bit heavier....I took it really smooth with the flying and had good results a few times before it tanked again...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Qualified foam surgeon
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Apr 2012
723 Posts
[QUOTE=twiztidbowler;23057732]Buy a real radio and learn to fly[/QUOT

I swear some people post on here like they think is Facebook, always sarcastic and smart asses. We can do without your insight. Douche. Yea I said it.
FlyGuy3345 is offline Find More Posts by FlyGuy3345
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:24 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,852 Posts
[QUOTE=FlyGuy3345;23342557]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Buy a real radio and learn to fly[/QUOT

I swear some people post on here like they think is Facebook, always sarcastic and smart asses. We can do without your insight. Douche. Yea I said it.
Don't you have a real radio either? Surely do without your contributions
Gohmer is online now Find More Posts by Gohmer