SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,276 Posts
Brushless where are you sailing at ? Hopefully you and a couple of buddies can get some boats on the water. Enjoy and have fun !!! Take some pics to share with us. Also Boomer started a thread just for pics of any and all things sailing !!!
No sarcasm found on this post !!!
gpzy is online now Find More Posts by gpzy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Oct 2011
641 Posts
It couldn't keep up with my Yamaha
dobydog6507 is online now Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
LEADS THE WAY
Puerto Rico, Fajardo, Cabezas
Joined Feb 2011
38 Posts
Hi to my new sailing Buddy, I just finished reading all the replies to your post, and would like to say this if you dont have any thing POSITIVE to add or help dont reply. Well back to my new sailing Buddy I started this hobby w a HK Phantom just to see if this hobby was for me, after I received it I realized that some MODES had to be done and it doesnt cost much money to do them just hv to be good w your hands, most of the parts you need are probily already laying around ur house. In 2 days I will be home and I will send u some pics and info of all the MODES I've hv dont. By the way I also hv a MONSOON. So dont get discourage. See you Soon Buddy
FirstSergeant is offline Find More Posts by FirstSergeant
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,276 Posts
Picazo11 seems like you are new here. And this would be the place to say anything that is true, good or bad. Read the previous post about this boat you will find good and bad. We all have our opinions.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
I'm going to stand up for gpzy here and say there was nothing that wrong with his posts. He said why pay for information on a boat that might not be so great. I won't comment on the boat as I've never seen one, but I agree on the idea of not paying for what can be found for free here. I gave several links to show there's plenty about the Monsoon on RC Groups.

Maybe gpzy could have gone into a bit more detail but overall I think it's a good thing when people give no BS answers and opinions on boats. In the case of airplanes, opinions on this site have often saved me time, money and frustration. With boats they have helped me to find what I'm really looking for.

Not everything needs to be "positive" and, honestly, I'm tired of the notion that people with different ideas think they need to shut up because they might sound "negative". Of course do it all in a civil way, however. When someone gives a harsh opinion it might not always be the thing you want to hear, but is worth considering.
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,276 Posts
Fokker thank you. I would welcome any and sailboats to my pond ! Why ? Because I know what it is like to be laughed at by sailors in a local club. My first two boats were a Footy and a Victor V-32. And some of the things I heard at their lake were pretty bad.
So come out sail your boats, have fun and hopefully along the way we all learn how to sail better and how to get along.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:44 PM
LEADS THE WAY
Puerto Rico, Fajardo, Cabezas
Joined Feb 2011
38 Posts
GPZY, I guess my wording was a little off by using only the word POSITVE some NEGATIVE is good. But its how its used. So if what I wrote affended you I apoligize. But in my opinion you hv to own one of these boats to be able to gv a POS or NEG opinion.
FirstSergeant is offline Find More Posts by FirstSergeant
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picazo11 View Post
GPZY, I guess my wording was a little off by using only the word POSITVE some NEGATIVE is good. But its how its used. So if what I wrote affended you I apoligize. But in my opinion you hv to own one of these boats to be able to gv a POS or NEG opinion.
Didn't offend me, but we will have to agree to disagree. Because people come here and ask questions, they will get answers both good and bad. Go back and read previous post and you will see what I mean.
No worries my friend!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
641 Posts
Do we all feel better now...
dobydog6507 is online now Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,276 Posts
Never felt bad !
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:16 AM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
300 Posts
Monsoon is my start in Sailboat hobby....
FEs are here on my shelf since few years back, no news there...
But hey, I got this sailboat and I love it and wait untill you see whats coming next!!!!
I will post some pictures next time I am at the pond, not sure when, getting cold up here...
Thank You guys for expanding this thread, rock on Grim would say, uppss....
Robert
BrushlesHeaven is offline Find More Posts by BrushlesHeaven
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:01 AM
NORTHLAND NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand, Northland, Totara North
Joined Feb 2012
585 Posts
looks like a great very big boys toy . If you want a big mans toy get a IOM :-D. happy RCing.

www.ddesignyachts.webs.com
D design is offline Find More Posts by D design
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
300 Posts
Interesting design....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D design View Post
looks like a great very big boys toy . If you want a big mans toy get a IOM :-D. happy RCing.

www.ddesignyachts.webs.com
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
300 Posts
Quastion...

My main sail linkage was catching the steering wheels all the time.
Would you do this?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,515 Posts
Robert
That should work. Be sure you have the sheets adjusted so you do not over tighten the line. That servo is very strong and if the sheet (line) is too tight it can break that plastic bracket.

My Monsoon would in certain conditions slack the sheet to the point the line could get fouled on the helms. I was lucky as I didn' t lose it over board when the line yanked it of the deck. Can't tell you how many times I had to glue it back on

I have a picture of what I did to my Yamaha to eliminate that problem from happening on that boat. It too has a lot of deck detail that could snag a sheet under the right conditions. Many owners have taken off the deck details to prevent it from happening. I like how they look so I left them on the boat.

I made a new "fairlead" out of aluminum tubing - installed in as you can see in the picture - and it works great! I threaded the end the goes through the deck to permit me to have nut and washer on each side (bulkhead type fitting) that holds it in place and keeps the water out.

My buddy Crash did the same thing on his Yamaha - see this link on how he installed the one on his boat. Just and idea to consider.

Boomer

See post #32 at this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...a+build&page=7
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Oct 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM.