would the new batteries be better if so which one is better
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:21 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,429 Posts
Neither. If the system is designed for 4S packs, running three cells will mean it's severely underpowered.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Well im buying what is called the Upgraded edition of the Edomodel but from what other people say about the regular (non upgrade edition) they say that when the upgraded to 4S battery it wouldnt fit and it originaly uses 3S (original version non upgraded)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,176 Posts
So did you decide to go with the EDF F15 instead of the sky surfer as your first model?
scirocco is offline Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Well yeah Because it running out fast im gonna get it in a week or 2 but here is the big problem...

i can decide which Color Scheme (this is a disaster)

either this or this (the others i dont like)

1. http://www.google.co.il/imgres?um=1&...w=1280&bih=923

2.http://www.google.co.il/imgres?um=1&...w=1280&bih=923
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,176 Posts
Really I don't know why you are bothering to worry about colour schemes or upgrades. If you are not highly competent on a model like a T-28, or a Mini Ultra Stick, ie the second model AFTER mastering a trainer like the Sky Surfer, the F-15 will only last 10 seconds on its first flight anyway.

It's made of polystyrene (EPS) so it will be brittle and very crash in-tolerant.

Racing out to buy something that's in short supply when it's a lousy choice in the first place is a poor bargain.

But it seems you are determined to press ahead regardless. I wish you luck. If you prove all of us wrong, I'd love to here about it so we can celebrate your success. Equally, if it all goes wrong, please also report on it - maybe it will help teach someone else a hard earned lesson.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:35 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,987 Posts
I suggest you buy this kit instead:

It will save you about 10 seconds of time and a couple hundred dollars.
ChillPhatCat is online now Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Really I don't know why you are bothering to worry about colour schemes or upgrades. If you are not highly competent on a model like a T-28, or a Mini Ultra Stick, ie the second model AFTER mastering a trainer like the Sky Surfer, the F-15 will only last 10 seconds on its first flight anyway.

It's made of polystyrene (EPS) so it will be brittle and very crash in-tolerant.

Racing out to buy something that's in short supply when it's a lousy choice in the first place is a poor bargain.

But it seems you are determined to press ahead regardless. I wish you luck. If you prove all of us wrong, I'd love to here about it so we can celebrate your success. Equally, if it all goes wrong, please also report on it - maybe it will help teach someone else a hard earned lesson.

What other F15 EDF DO YOU SUGGEST!!!!??? SEND ME A LINK.
ansd im buying the sky surfer as well as the Recommended F15 of yours if there is any
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:36 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
What every experienced RC pilot is telling you is than ANY F-15 EDF would be disastrous... wait until you have become fully competent at piloting much slower prop driven aircraft.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F15ROCKETSHIP View Post
What other F15 EDF DO YOU SUGGEST!!!!??? SEND ME A LINK.
ansd im buying the sky surfer as well as the Recommended F15 of yours if there is any
If the Edo F15 is any good, it will still be on the market in 6 months time when you're ready for it. You'd be better off investing the money in a better radio up front than buying a model to put on the shelf while you learn on something more appropriate.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:21 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,987 Posts
Get jets out of your mind for the time being and just learn to fly. You might find out in a few months that you simply don't want something that fast. Fast planes are tedious to fly... and for me it it takes the enjoyment out of it when I'm constantly turning just to keep it in visual and radio range. To top it off, the jet you're thinking of won't even come close to 100 if that's your dream, probably no more than 60 MPH, and for a small model, this is still very fast.

The speed issue aside (I have a few prop planes that will do a good 80-100 MPH by the way), jets and prop planes fly completely different from each other... primarily jets take longer to build up thrust from low throttle to high throttle so you have to think much farther ahead.

If you find props too boring after a couple planes then it might be time to move into a jet. A jet is at the very earliest a 3rd plane, after you master a high wing trainer and a low wing sport plane. Don't even waste your money on a jet til you have a little stick time, trust us.
ChillPhatCat is online now Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
i trust you and i know im not ready i will buy the Sky surfer but i still want to know whats the best RC F-15 EDF Jet... i like the starmax but i dont really know where to buy one from any other place other than Hobby king and banana hobby (i want it as close as it can get to RTF ARF is good but with a couple of required items not like the hobby king ARF).
i aalso need it to be able to Ship to ISRAEL