HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:32 AM
mty
Hungary, Somogy County, Kaposvár
Joined Feb 2009
51 Posts
14SG tray

I just finished making the tray for my 14SG.
mty is offline Find More Posts by mty
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:25 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyEpsilon View Post
With apologies to my North American brother and sisters who are still eagerly waiting to get their hands on the radio ...

Has anyone figured out how to get the GPS sensor to display position? I'm using a Robbe-Futaba sensor (F1675). It displays distance and speed just fine, but I can't find the GPS coordinates anywhere! Any clues?

Jony
Are you sure it provides gps coordinates? Seems it delivers calculated stuff acc. to tech.spec.
http://www.robbe.de/gps-multi-sensor.html
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:53 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mty View Post
I just finished making the tray for my 14SG.
You would be a hero if you posted templates
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:26 AM
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
I end Jp writing manuals myself, then the tech writers rip it apart and make nonsensical in what they call better English...
Then they send it back to me and I once rewrite so the end user understands. They change it again but less so. Eventually I win by having more staying power....
I am asked to write manuals sometimes. As most engineers I don't particularly like it. But having had to go through honors English and tech writing in college I cringe when I read some of the stuff...
ripacheco is offline Find More Posts by ripacheco
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Yes please I need a project to complete while we wait for the radio
ripacheco is offline Find More Posts by ripacheco
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:48 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about I am setting up a plane myself with similar issues.

You are correct it is useless to use the voltage coming from the RX through the Smart Fly board because it will mask problems. Reality is the battery monitor is probably the most useful telemetry option we will ever have.

I picked up a CA-RVIN-700 cable (16$) which plugs in the External Voltage Input on the RX. You need to get in front of the board, you can either solder it on the deans of the pack (which I would do) or splice into the batt cable. I think picking it up off the board through the charge ports may also mask issues that may occur as it will be reading the two packs combined, if it works at all.

The issue is you will only see one pack but its better than nothing. I am running dual RXs for my larger aircraft so I will see if it will work for both my packs going into the two RXs, I have a feeling it will not (just how the dual RX and telemetry works) but one pack is better than nothing.
What I am thinking is to use the voltage sensor solder to the dean plug or hook it up to the charging ports on the Smart Fly. I tested the voltage through the charge ports and I get correct static voltage of individual batteries and voltage underload when I switch on the system through the failsafe pin/flag switch I use. Both the batteries on the Smart Fly have separate lines from the charge port so this will work for indivial batteries.

The sensor will also work if it is hooked up to the balance taps. Will require a cable harness for that.

This is how one of my setup is in my 35% Daltron Extra 260.
SalamSyed is offline Find More Posts by SalamSyed
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:27 PM
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
Are you sure it provides gps coordinates? Seems it delivers calculated stuff acc. to tech.spec.
http://www.robbe.de/gps-multi-sensor.html
I think the sensor is capable of it. If you look in the instruction sheet,

http://www.rc-electronic.com/downloa...Sensor_net.pdf

, it talks about how the coordinates are useful for finding your lost model, and shows them on the 18MZ screenshot. But they don't seem to show up anywhere that I can find on the 14SG!

Jony
JonyEpsilon is offline Find More Posts by JonyEpsilon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:07 PM
mty
Hungary, Somogy County, Kaposvár
Joined Feb 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Here it is.
mty is offline Find More Posts by mty
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
sweet, thanks!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Jan 2006
365 Posts
Hope I'm not butting in..., but,
If things go right tomorrow, I hope to have enough cash in my pocket to buy this
radio, and pay for 1/2 of a 750 FBL system to go with it for a new heli project.
I have a couple of questions for those who actually have a 14SG.
I've looked at the online manual and diagrams, and can't quit make out the switch
arrangement. I'm used to my DX8 and 9303, and use the left top front (short)3-position switch for flight modes(idle-ups), and the right top rear (long) switch for
throttle hold.
Can the 14SG switches be configured this way, or would I need to physically move something around?
hondaflyer is offline Find More Posts by hondaflyer
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:04 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,319 Posts
You can assign any function to any switch you want to.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:25 AM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Joined Jun 2004
2,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer View Post
Hope I'm not butting in..., but,
If things go right tomorrow, I hope to have enough cash in my pocket to buy this
radio, and pay for 1/2 of a 750 FBL system to go with it for a new heli project.
I have a couple of questions for those who actually have a 14SG.
I've looked at the online manual and diagrams, and can't quit make out the switch
arrangement. I'm used to my DX8 and 9303, and use the left top front (short)3-position switch for flight modes(idle-ups), and the right top rear (long) switch for
throttle hold.
Can the 14SG switches be configured this way, or would I need to physically move something around?
If I am reading the specs correctly, the top rear switch is spring loaded.

Later;

D.W.
d_wheel is offline Find More Posts by d_wheel
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Its februar!! where is the update for speeking?? @Futaba guy
spacewalker_ is offline Find More Posts by spacewalker_
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:09 AM
Slovenia (odranci)
Joined Nov 2006
143 Posts
New Futaba FX32 have the abbility to record telemetry data to SD card. I heard that this will come to 14SG and 18MZ also with update.
skorp_jon is offline Find More Posts by skorp_jon
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Yes update is supposed to be released this month. The month is but a faetus