HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Thanks Steve, looking forward to more complete information then although I am certain it does have that feature. Confirmation would be great
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf View Post
I don't have a full answer to that yet. The feature list we've published is preliminary, so some changes could still happen prior to release. As we get additional information it will be published.
I have a question on the 14sg, Do you know if finally futaba put Servo Delay all the 14SG for every channel, That is something that is missing on the 8FG and that many would like to see.

Thanks & Regards
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,232 Posts
Yes, Servo speed adjust is on the specs.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:56 PM
Sverige, Všrmlands Lšn, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,115 Posts
It say in the "About the 14SG:" column at http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/fut...4sg/index.html

"Servo speed adjust"

I would be surprised if it any limitation so not all 14 ch has servo speed adjustment.
And according to this post below servo speed can only apply to proportional servos, not retract servos that work in on/off manner (unless proportional servo is used as retract servo) and that must be an universal rule I suppose:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=760

/Bo
bossee is online now Find More Posts by bossee
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:02 PM
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
I'd just like to see exponential mixes and 7 points on the throttle/pitch curves.
ben_beyer is online now Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:10 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,369 Posts
Tower has some big savings if you are a club member Gold Preferred list but they expire end of October.
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:14 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,159 Posts
Tim,
I see in the general features the mention of "Logic switch (condition switch only)"
I don't know if this the same as conditions.

/Bo,
If you look at the screen shot of the servo speed screen, there are 8 channels listed, but up at the top there is the indication that this is screen 1 of 2, so channels 9-12 are probably on the next page. Ch 13 and 14 are not proportional, so no servo speed control possible on those two.
The way the electric retract market is going, there will not be much use for the servo slow feature anyway, since all the new electric retracts with integral motors are non-proportional, but the ones I've seen run at pretty much scale speed anyway
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
I'd just like to see exponential mixes and 7 points on the throttle/pitch curves.
What is an example of when you need a 7-point mixing curve. I have had radios with more than 5 points but have never found the need for more than 5?

I fly both airplanes and helicopters. In the old days lots of points for helicopters were good but now that we have FBL controllers you donít need any of that.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Tim,
I see in the general features the mention of "Logic switch (condition switch only)"
I don't know if this the same as conditions.

/Bo,
If you look at the screen shot of the servo speed screen, there are 8 channels listed, but up at the top there is the indication that this is screen 1 of 2, so channels 9-12 are probably on the next page. Ch 13 and 14 are not proportional, so no servo speed control possible on those two.
The way the electric retract market is going, there will not be much use for the servo slow feature anyway, since all the new electric retracts with integral motors are non-proportional, but the ones I've seen run at pretty much scale speed anyway
Pete
I agree with you for the electric lading gears by today standards don't have much use, But you can use this for FLAPS/Air breaks/Open the Pilot cabin/Bomb bay etc, Also for FPV you may use to slow down the servo that move the camera (side and /or up down) and of course to slow down the throttle response (but that is already implemented in the 8FG).
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Thats like buying IPAD version 1. 12FG is kinda getting old and out of date for 1k +.

But I need to know about flight modes/conditions before I pre-order. I am already getting rid of a system that overlooked the basics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
+1
I think the answer will be: buy a 12FG or higher...
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
What is an example of when you need a 7-point mixing curve. I have had radios with more than 5 points but have never found the need for more than 5?

I fly both airplanes and helicopters. In the old days lots of points for helicopters were good but now that we have FBL controllers you donít need any of that.

A'ight den
ben_beyer is online now Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:14 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
7 point mix, 5 point is it really that different?

With the 8Fg you set those 5 points almost anywhere and the software curves fits the line between two points. its not straight lines point to point. You really don;t need the complexity of drawing all the points yourself.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:20 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Ben Gurion, Israel
Joined Sep 2004
872 Posts
I have 2 questions:
1. It says that one should buy extra parts for telemetry, does it includes Rx battery telemetry or is it built in the receiver?
2. Does it has slider on the sides like the Futaba 9C (very useful for F5J)?

Eitan
eitanro is offline Find More Posts by eitanro
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
the R7008SB has battery voltage built in.

The FASSTest telemetry suite promises to be really good with S.bus 2 servo's on the way as well. The ability to monitor servo performance in real time is really uselful for airplane set up.

The 8FG has sliders on the side of the case and the 14SG has them to.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:41 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Ben Gurion, Israel
Joined Sep 2004
872 Posts
And how about the non S-bus receivers (for F3K, F5J flyers)?
eitanro is offline Find More Posts by eitanro