HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:05 AM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
426 Posts
I charged the new battery (6.0V 1800 NiMH) slowly and had a good flying session with the 14SG. It feels much more solid than the 8FG.

Then, as I was spending time tinkering with the transmitter at home, I decided to let the battery run down until the alarm sounded. I wanted to see if the vibes remained on or switched off after a few seconds and also get an idea of battery life.

I can confirm that the audible alarm and vibes both remain on until the transmitter is switched off. More interesting is the fact that the stock battery lasted for 11 hours and 58 minutes. A fair proportion of this was with the screen backlight on as I explored the menus.

I have no strong feelings either way on the NiMH/ Li-Fe debate but thought this bit of information might be useful to those of you who are undecided.
MalcolmHolt is online now Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
does anyone know where i can get a charging cabel?
Can i cut off the wire from the original charger and put on 2 4mm gold contact stecker to charge the battery?
The reason why im asking, i read lots off bad things of the integratet electronic in the transmitter battery. So i removed the electronic and added a balancer wire.
Now i can and want charge the battery in the transmitter but on my own charger.
i think nobody unterstands my super english

I would also like to make a test how long my battery rans till the alarm comes.
But then comes a Message "please turn Transmitter off" how can i kick this message and make a test?
spacewalker_ is offline Find More Posts by spacewalker_
Last edited by spacewalker_; Jan 14, 2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
How many telemetry channels or did I miss that. I assume it’s 14 just like the control channels but I have not seen that published.

?
32 telemetry chanels (robbe.de)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:45 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,249 Posts
That radio is not available here in the states yet. But if its like the 8fg, then I use this one:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSMF3&P=7

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:49 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Hello Doug!
Thanks for your answer!
Im Happy that you unterstand me!
The Problem is, the charge plug is smaller then the plug on the t10cg.
They are not the same.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:55 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,249 Posts
Correct. It was done like that for a reason I guess, so you don't use the 10c (9.8v)charger with the 8/12fg (7.4 )

Doug.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
Correct. It was done like that for a reason I guess, so you don't use the 10c (9.8v)charger with the 8/12fg (7.4 )

Doug.
It dont matter. The T10CG came with only a charging cable (wire) not with a power supply only the cable you unterstand?

I did changed the standard nimh battery in the t10cg against a LIFE battery. Who i charge with my normal charger.

Because i removed this stupid electronic from the t14sg accu now who will just turn off the transmitter if the electronic thinks its ok. i can and want now to charge with my normally charger again. so i only need a charging wire.

you know that question if i can use the power supply who comes with the t14sg if i cut the wire and add 2x 4mm gold plugs to put it in my charger.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewalker_ View Post
It dont matter.
you know that question if i can use the power supply who comes with the t14sg if i cut the wire and add 2x 4mm gold plugs to put it in my charger.
Yeah you can do that if you want, it's your power supply. I personally wouldn’t do that in case later on I want to sell the radio.

Doug.
Last edited by DougV; Jan 14, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:04 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
The question who is open for me how does it look like UNDER the isolation? :S
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
It dont matter. The T10CG came with only a charging cable (wire) not with a power supply only the cable you unterstand?

I did changed the standard nimh battery in the t10cg against a LIFE battery. Who i charge with my normal charger.

Because i removed this stupid electronic from the t14sg accu now who will just turn off the transmitter if the electronic thinks its ok. i can and want now to charge with my normally charger again. so i only need a charging wire.

NO.
Use a power supply that suits your normal charger, assuming your normal charger is a LiPo balance/charger.
The electronics you stripped off are to balance & protect from overvoltage (explosion) if using the normal powersupply/charger (assuming again, youre on Robbe stuff, right? Dont charge the stripped battery while in your transmitter! Thats why Robbe had some electronics in the 'accu' and provided the 500mA 'steckdose')
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
You dont unterstand
i dont want to use the charger that comes with the t14sg i want only the WIRE

i know modelflying for about 30 years so i know what i do.

The electronic is a big fail if you look in to google you will see that! suddenly in fly the transmitter turns off without low voltage beep.

1 guy lost his 3m edge 540 because of this !"§$%& so dont give a !"§$ of this damn electronic.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:23 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
You dont unterstand
i dont want to use the charger that comes with the t14sg i want only the WIRE

i know modelflying for about 30 years so i know what i do.

The electronic is a big fail if you look in to google you will see that! suddenly in fly the transmitter turns off without low voltage beep.

1 guy lost his 3m edge 540 because of this !"§$%& so dont give a !"§$ of this damn electronic.
Something probably went lost in translation as you talked about 'use the power supply who comes with the t14sg'.
At what voltage did it cut off? And what is the voltage setting in the transmitter (LNK - WARNING - LOW BATTERY)?
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Ok pictures say more like words right?

I dont want to use the power supply who comes with the transmitter.

only the cable
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...93p?&C=MHF&P=7

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:20 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,940 Posts
Quote:
32 telemetry chanels (robbe.de)
WOW that’s incredable. Is there a diagram somewhere that tells how you would hook up 32 telemetry devices?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man