8FG + telemetry http://www.acteurope.de/html/sender_...3d-futaba.html

[/IMG]
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:40 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
looks like a Japanese cartoon character...
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:04 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
I agree that’s a little goofy looking but that would be a nice conversion.

Someone should do an English build log. I wonder how much the parts cost in the US?

Will that work with a standard FASSTest receiver? If not I won’t be interested?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:06 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,286 Posts
Unless the parts are FCC certified and the work is done by a licensed technician this would likely not be a legal conversion in the US. Altering the RF deck alone raises questions of legality.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:18 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf View Post
I would agree that to get the absolute, best possible installation, such a tool might be helpful. Of course you'd probably have to fly it to an extreme range to test it. All that I'm saying is that for normal flying with a Futaba system, this type of tool is not necessary. I tired to be funny with my original comment (see the big grin) but I guess I failed.
I assume receiver signal loss fail safe settings will be removed after this since this is a non-issue.

Wouldnt knowing signal strength also help in noisy RF environments ?
pach is online now Find More Posts by pach
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:26 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
well you get signal strength in the link from Rx to Tx i being monitored. I think this has been covered already
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:40 PM
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Dec 2007
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
looks like a Japanese cartoon character...
Now that's funny right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
Unless the parts are FCC certified and the work is done by a licensed technician this would likely not be a legal conversion in the US. Altering the RF deck alone raises questions of legality.
These guys have been making top-shelf RC equipment for years in Europe (Have a look at their site). I have no idea whether they are FCC certified, which is an important requirement for US use, but they are legal in Europe. However, I suspect that their system needs an external Telemetry display, which for me defeats the purpose. I like keeping it nice and simple with everything onboard. This is where the 14SG still looks good to me. Plus it would let me continue use my current FASST receivers. I am still waiting to get a bit more clarity on the telemetry functionality before I make the plunge though.

Dan Zero-G is online now Find More Posts by Dan Zero-G
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,286 Posts
My comments had nothing to do with quality or anything else beyond stating that for users in the USA they might need to make certain that the equipment is FCC certified and is legal to use here.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Dec 2007
185 Posts
I get a feeling you are arguing just for the sake of argument. I fully agreed with your statement about FCC certification being required for use in the US.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,286 Posts
Not at all. You started off mentioning that they make great stuff and I just wanted to be sure that i was clear that I was not saying anything bad about them. Next thing you know you see posts saying I bad mouthed them or something. That was my only reason for responding.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
185 Posts
OK, in that case, sorry for the misunderstanding...

Back to the 14SG
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mooresville, NC
Joined Dec 2004
266 Posts
Futaba has the best systems???....no they don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Wydronek View Post
Simple Futaba has the best system out there hands down. I will also be getting the 14sg. Again why simple its the best system. I would never trust a $2000 plus plane to a substandard system.
I look at Jr/spectrum and how many different modulations have they gone through its ridiculous. Futaba has put out a great system. Does it cost a little bit more sure but I would rather pay a little more for piece of mind than watch my money fall to the earth out of control because I bought the economy radio system from brand x.
and one more thing why do you need the screen on top of your radio for telemetry? Why would you be looking down at your transmitter while flying anyways. Just another way to crash a plane I guess.

J
If Futaba had the best systems they would have Model Match like the Spektrum radios have.....but they do not. You can fly a Futaba controlled model and forget to turn it off....then switch to another one and who knows what would happen to that one left on!

The Spektrum's with advanced Model Match will only control the model you have selected from the transmitter....no problem leaving anything on! THAT is the best system out there......period!

Futaba may have higher quality transmitters but Model Match is more important to have!

I feel much safer when using my Spektrum DX8 with DSMx then I do when having multiple models with my 14mz!

I figured once Futaba came out with telemetry they could figure out some way to use it for the transmitter to say that there was a model mismatch but that hasn't happened. This would be different from Spektrum's system.
MichaelT1960 is offline Find More Posts by MichaelT1960
Last edited by MichaelT1960; Nov 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
Lansing, MI
Joined May 2002
197 Posts
The Futaba F8G can be programmed to force you to confirm your model selection before it turns on the RF. If you can't be bothered to look at your selection then................
JLLayton is online now Find More Posts by JLLayton
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:10 AM
Julian T
Fleet, UK
Joined Jun 2005
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960 View Post
If Futaba had the best systems they would have Model Match like the Spektrum radios have.....but they do not. You can fly a Futaba controlled model and forget to turn it off....then switch to another one and who knows what would happen to that one left on!

The Spektrum's with advanced Model Match will only control the model you have selected from the transmitter....no problem leaving anything on! THAT is the best system out there......period!

Futaba may have higher quality transmitters but Model Match is more important to have!
It may be more important to you and that is fine but not everyone may make the same judgement My main concern is reliability of the radio link and so far everything I have personally witnessed leads me to think Futaba is either the best or equal with the best. Totally subjective of course but my experiences matter to me
juliant is offline Find More Posts by juliant