HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:31 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
I don't know if Tower will sell a combo of this radio... http://www.hobby.co.jp/retail/futaba/46.html

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:07 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
I already have the super 8FG and love.

Just backordered one of these at tower ($599.99)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCVPZ&P=G

It's a great price.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Last edited by super kupfer; Oct 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
Is the tx case plastic that's chromed? Or plastic & metal?
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Mar 2010
649 Posts
What a great looking radio.

Joe
J. Wydronek is offline Find More Posts by J. Wydronek
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:07 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
If people haven't noticed, there are 2 new buttons on radio that operate the menu system, almost like short cuts.. You can just see them in the picture above underneath the sticks to the side of the trims.
I know it has 30 model memory built-in and uses an SD card that slots in underneath the battery cover this gives unlimited models and for firmware updating.

On the back there is a standard trainer port and a place to connect in digital servos for programming.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Last edited by topgearuk; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Hit a 2 rather then a 3
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:48 AM
UK
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Anybody seen the manual yet? Need to know if it can do "Fine Tuning VR Setting" for Aileron Differential and Elevator to Camber in Glider Settings.

Cheers

Tom
Rooster-X is offline Find More Posts by Rooster-X
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:46 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
If people haven't noticed, there are 2 new buttons on radio that operate the menu system, almost like short cuts.. You can just see them in the picture above underneath the sticks to the side of the trims.
I know it has 20 model memory built-in and uses an SD card that slots in underneath the battery cover this gives unlimited models and for firmware updating.

On the back there is a standard trainer port and a place to connect in digital servos for programming.
the spec says its 30 model memory.
SD card is 4GB to 32GB

andd yeah those short cut menu buttons are cool. they're designed to help you navigate through the User menu quickly while flying. Don;t have to use the click wheel to change mixes I still won't be trying that with a plane in the air, I prefer to land change settigns and take off again but its nice to have that sort of function available
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster-X View Post
Anybody seen the manual yet? Need to know if it can do "Fine Tuning VR Setting" for Aileron Differential and Elevator to Camber in Glider Settings.

Cheers

Tom
the manuals only get released once they have the final product spec. Watch the follwoing link from Mid November I guess :

http://www.futabarc.com/downloads/manuals.html
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:04 AM
UK
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Thanks TimBle, will keep a look out!
Rooster-X is offline Find More Posts by Rooster-X
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:10 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
Good luck with that one. Most hate the look that’s why the sales have been so slow – what were they thinking – LOL.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:39 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
the spec says its 30 model memory.
SD card is 4GB to 32GB

andd yeah those short cut menu buttons are cool. they're designed to help you navigate through the User menu quickly while flying. Don;t have to use the click wheel to change mixes I still won't be trying that with a plane in the air, I prefer to land change settigns and take off again but its nice to have that sort of function available
Sorry hit 2 rather then a 3! Just edited my post.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:58 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Actually it will take any size card, specifically it says (actually, not any by spec but a much broader range than the 8FG (max 2G) or 12FG (max 1G)):

SD: 32MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
correct, the broader range is too accomodate transfer fo files form 8FG to 14SG.
Can't really buy 2GB SD cards anylonger anyway. the camera's the 2GB SD card was designed for are longer manufactured. Fortunately SDHC card readers are backwards compatible.

I wonder wht Futaba are going to do about the 8FG's antiquated card reader?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:57 AM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2007
468 Posts
Ran into that last night - I wanted to update the software on an 8FG, but I only had 8GB and 16GB cards around, have to go shopping for a tiny little 2GB card. I might have to end up ordering one online somewhere.. most stores don't carry any so small any more.
fizzwater2 is online now Find More Posts by fizzwater2
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Actually it will take any size card, specifically it says (actually, not any by spec but a much broader range than the 8FG (max 2G) or 12FG (max 1G)):

SD: 32MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB

- Birger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
correct, the broader range is too accomodate transfer fo files form 8FG to 14SG.
Can't really buy 2GB SD cards anylonger anyway. the camera's the 2GB SD card was designed for are longer manufactured. Fortunately SDHC card readers are backwards compatible.

I wonder wht Futaba are going to do about the 8FG's antiquated card reader?
Not quite sure why you guys are quoting me? I hit a 2 instead of a 3 in number of built-in model I.e 20 when I should have typed 30! I never said anything about SD card size
It what happens sometimes when you post from a phone