HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
Halifax, Va.
Joined Dec 2006
19 Posts
Discussion
Companies that sell FMS P-51 v7 in the U.S.?

This has probably been talked about a lot, but I want to buy the FMS Petie 2nd
when it is available and the only place in the U.S. I have seen it is at BH.
After researching a lot, they scare me. I read many ...many comments about broken parts, missing parts, defective parts and a very long waiting period to get issues resolved. I, like a bunch of you here, don't have much desposable income in this economy and the money I do have was given to me by my children over the past year for Fathers Day, Birthday, etc., so I want to spend wisely. Is the problem with FMS as the manufacturer or is it BH? The cost from PW-RC and rcCastle is a little high for me right now........should I save more , wait and is the waiting period going to be the same from those companies also due to them being in Hong Kong? Sure wish there was an east cost distributor for FMS. Sorry to keep asking about this.
Thanks for your advise.
Ben
Gobstopper is offline Find More Posts by Gobstopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:16 AM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Ben go ahead and buy your P51 from BH the only other place is SNHOBBIES out of Canada
FMS is a good company you will be happy with your plan
BH like NP on parts and CS is a hit and miss it they do not have them in stock go to eather Philip with PW-RC or Raymond with RC Castle both of these guys are great
Take what you read with about BH with a grain of salt and dont expect anything from them that way I dont get mad
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,817 Posts
Gobstopper -

The stories about BH are rampant but overall, it looks like BH is improving and I risked it back last winter and bought an FMS plane from them and it came through just fine and no delays.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Sep 2005
915 Posts
I have ordered 4 FMS planes from them with no problems.

Travis
edf nut is offline Find More Posts by edf nut
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, MO, Kingsville
Joined Nov 2001
1,655 Posts
I also was very nervous about buying from them....but I have ordered two different planes and have gotten what I have ordered with no problem.

Perhaps they are better, but I would not have a problem ordering from them again.
cherokee is offline Find More Posts by cherokee
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
Halifax, Va.
Joined Dec 2006
19 Posts
Thanks , I'll have to do the pre-order for Petie 2nd as soon as I can. Looking forward to moving up from my old PZ Gunfighter and Corsair....both with extensive battle damage:-), but flown a lot.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:21 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,314 Posts
My friend has a local Hobby Shop in Cali and hes talking to FMS to see if he can get them,
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Last edited by Mikemynameis; Oct 19, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
Corona, CA
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2011
376 Posts
LOL...Now it's hit the fan!
P 51 Jockey is offline Find More Posts by P 51 Jockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Hanger 9 Miss America 67"
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
Halifax, Va.
Joined Dec 2006
19 Posts
Maybe I'll wait a little longer then. I can wait. At least a month anyway, to see what shakes out.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
A couple of years ago, I would never have recommended BH to anyone after the problems I had. Swore I'd never use them again, but broke down this last year with the FMS warbird line-up that I was looking to get into.

That said, I just received my 6th plane from BH with no problems what-so-ever. They have improved immensely from the problems they had before and I wouldn't hesitate using them again.

In fact, I ordered some parts from BH not long ago and received the wrong order. When I called them they found the mistake, e-mailed me a shipping label direct to the guy who's parts I had (after asking if I'd mind helping them out and send it to him rather than return it to them) and resent my order the same day.

They have definitely improved a lot - I have to give credit where credit is due.
ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
285 Posts
I've bought 4 FMS warbirds and ordered parts a couple times. No issues. I've never had to return anything or had issues with malfunctions so I can't really say anything about BH's customer service.
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,314 Posts
I never had any issues either
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Nov 2006
148 Posts
Banana hobby petie v7

I contacted FMS directly. They have sold exclusive rights to Banana Hobby to carry their line of airplanes in the U.S. Not sure for how long.

So...If you want an FMS model from a US hobby store, Banana is the ONLY option.

That said there are other sources but they seem to be more expensive.

cheers!
tbogey is offline Find More Posts by tbogey
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,213 Posts
BH is your only option in the US for 1400 warbirds and bigger. However, I have ordered 6 planes from BH within the last 8 months and the only issues were a couple of missing aileron Y-connectors, which I didn't even bother calling their CS about. Just went to the LHS and bought replacements for cheap. I got free shipping anyways.

I will buy from BH again. No problemo.

In the next few months. MotionRC will carry the smaller FMS warbirds and other FMS branded models. MotionRC is also the exclusive US distributor for the ROCHobby line of premium models. Check out their website.

I really like the ROCHobby Critical Mass, an air racer derived from the Hawker Sea Fury, so it still has warbird genes. 1100 wingspan with flaps and retracts, how sweet!

Sorry for the hijack, can't wait for my Critical Mass(es) to arrive.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined Apr 2013
4 Posts
Motion RC sells FMS planes.
pheonix1 is offline Find More Posts by pheonix1