SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:44 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris.hans View Post
Just use a level.
there's hardly a single flat surface to use a level on. on top of that, you have to have the frame 100% level first before you can use a level to level the motor mounts. it's a pita.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:08 AM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
there's hardly a single flat surface to use a level on. on top of that, you have to have the frame 100% level first before you can use a level to level the motor mounts. it's a pita.
You can use the level to level the surface and another small one to level the hexacopter? Was easy as pie. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:17 AM
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
You can use the level to level the surface and another small one to level the hexacopter? Was easy as pie. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
my level is about two feet long, so I guess I'll have to invest in a really small level. I wasn't aware they existed
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:45 AM
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Hi Morris,
I'm using the same setup but with small variation in ESC & Battery. I'll be using 30A Plush ESC (as the ones you used were on back order) & Zippy 3s 4000mah battery. I wanted to ask if using 18AWG wire is safe on my ESCs? because these probably be of smaller gauge than one on ESCs.
Leo72 is offline Find More Posts by Leo72
Last edited by Leo72; Feb 26, 2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Addition
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Hey,
I just want to let you all know that I stumbled over a very nice deal for a DJI S800 I just could not pass up. So all the parts I have already purchased for my hexacopter built are now for sale.
So check it out, might be something for you.
SnipeCustomArms is offline Find More Posts by SnipeCustomArms
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:48 PM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jun 2012
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2fast View Post
Hi,

The mount is selfmade on my cnc router :-)
i can share the drawing for non commercial use !

regards
Thomas
What cnc router do you have?
aForcefulThrust is offline Find More Posts by aForcefulThrust
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Revolution Park Drift Test (3 min 2 sec)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:23 AM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good 10x4.5 propeller. I will buy carbon fiber if I can find them. Ive broken 7 of these hobbyking props on separate occasions mid flight. I refuse to fly with them anymore. Somehow the hexacopter hasnt received any damage, its really a sturdy frame.

My advice is that these props are too lightweight for the HAL hexacopter:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ion_Blue_.html
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
138 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good 10x4.5 propeller. I will buy carbon fiber if I can find them. Ive broken 7 of these hobbyking props on separate occasions mid flight. I refuse to fly with them anymore. Somehow the hexacopter hasnt received any damage, its really a sturdy frame.

My advice is that these props are too lightweight for the HAL hexacopter:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ion_Blue_.html
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=

Since you're using a HAL, I would use bigger props though, like 12-13inch
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aForcefulThrust View Post
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=

Since you're using a HAL, I would use bigger props though, like 12-13inch
Why do you suggest a bigger prop? I have lots of lift on 10x4.5 on 3s. Im only using 12A esc's now lol.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:32 PM
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
Why do you suggest a bigger prop? I have lots of lift on 10x4.5 on 3s. Im only using 12A esc's now lol.
yeah don't use bigger props if you're on 12amp esc's lol. 9x4.5 would be plenty, so i'm sure it's pretty zippy with 10" props
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
It tears through the sky on 10" they just snap every now and then lol. Me and grandpa cant figure it out except the fact the hexacopter weight overloads the lifting capacity of the prop itself. They snap at the same point on every prop, just before the center hole. I have a pile of scrapped blades haha. Everything else on the HAL has been perfect, so its time to upgrade to carbon fiber props. I expect 10" carbon fiber to be even more snappy since I know these HK props are flexing.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
It tears through the sky on 10" they just snap every now and then lol. Me and grandpa cant figure it out except the fact the hexacopter weight overloads the lifting capacity of the prop itself. They snap at the same point on every prop, just before the center hole. I have a pile of scrapped blades haha. Everything else on the HAL has been perfect, so its time to upgrade to carbon fiber props. I expect 10" carbon fiber to be even more snappy since I know these HK props are flexing.
that's just the nature of those HK props. switch to the gemfans if you want cheap props that won't break in mid air as often

if you want props that won't ever break in mid air, get graupners or xoars. i've never heard of a single incident with either of those brands breaking in mid air. BUT.... you pay to play. they're usually $10+ per prop. but if you never crash and want insurance to know you won't crash due to a cheap prop snapping in mid air, they're worth the price of admission
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
that's just the nature of those HK props. switch to the gemfans if you want cheap props that won't break in mid air as often

if you want props that won't ever break in mid air, get graupners or xoars. i've never heard of a single incident with either of those brands breaking in mid air. BUT.... you pay to play. they're usually $10+ per prop. but if you never crash and want insurance to know you won't crash due to a cheap prop snapping in mid air, they're worth the price of admission
Ok, I will look into the graupners or xoars. $10 a prop isnt a problem at all. Havent had a single uncontrolled crash on the hexacopter yet, the prop snaps just make it come down squirrely. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
138 Posts
I never liked gemfan, I had one break on me before. I have a set of the RCtimer 10x4.7 SF Carbon and they are very solid, i can even chop down small weeds with them.