HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Very nice work indeed. morris.hans helped a bit with the shown pictures. I am building up a HAL Hexacopter with APM 2.5 and D3530/14 1100KV Brushless Motors. Nevertheless I had to untighten all the screws to fix the landing gear - everybody has to make his own experiences
Hobby King doesnīt like to waste any time with documentations, manuals or strange stuff like explanations!
I will use the H.A.L. 3-Axis Camera Mount like morris.hans did. It seems a little bit wobbly? What do you think?
@Thomas: Thatīs a very smooth flight. The camera mount looks very nice and stable (no wonder if you do it by yourself). What type of batteries did you used and how long can you fly (at least 6 Min).
evdb is offline Find More Posts by evdb
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:26 AM
Registered User
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Nov 2007
9 Posts
@evdb

i'm using 2 x 4s 4000 mAH Zippy flightmax 20C
for 7 min flight i need 3500 mAH

total flight time should be around 12 min.
4u2fast is offline Find More Posts by 4u2fast
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:31 AM
Registered User
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Hk Hal 3 axis mount review.

Overall it works for the cheap price, but I wouldnt buy it again. Where it connects to the hex is the surface size of a dime so it can wobble in any direction. I had to use rubberbands and zip ties to disable pan and keep the thing from flopping all over the place. Pan tilt and roll functions great but the mount isnt supported correctly .
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Thanks for the info. I got a 6000 mAh 3s - hope it will last 10 Min.
HAL camera mount is critical - I already thought of disabling pan. The rubberbands in the pictures show the problems - I will try to improve a bit.
Erik
evdb is offline Find More Posts by evdb
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:48 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2009
3 Posts
Can you please provide your DX6i setup? Thanks!
rencal is offline Find More Posts by rencal
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:20 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
I use the dx6i and I left everything as is in airplane mode. On DR&EXPO I use 80%-40% for videos. Everything else is zeroed out for a stock airplane. There is really no difference between setting up the hex and setting up a 4 channel airplane. Self level activation with the flaps switch is the only thing I have programmed.
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:23 PM
Means laughing in Swedish
Kingdom of Sweden, Stockholm County, Jakobsberg
Joined May 2011
112 Posts
Just ordered mine today from de warehouse.

But i ordered the NTM Prop Drive Series 35-36A 910Kv / 350W
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...10Kv_350W.html

Dont know if they are good or if they work good with my setup?

Also i will be using my naza M from my crashed dji f550 as FC

ESC i picked turnigy plush 30A

And battery i went with 2 pair of 3s 4000mah 20c zippy

Prop is 10x45 i think also from HK
skrattar is offline Find More Posts by skrattar
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:18 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrattar View Post
Just ordered mine today from de warehouse.

But i ordered the NTM Prop Drive Series 35-36A 910Kv / 350W
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...10Kv_350W.html

Dont know if they are good or if they work good with my setup?

Also i will be using my naza M from my crashed dji f550 as FC

ESC i picked turnigy plush 30A

And battery i went with 2 pair of 3s 4000mah 20c zippy

Prop is 10x45 i think also from HK
Motors will work fine. I'm using the 3530 ones and it over powered with one battery.

I'd recommend some SimonK flashed ESCs over the Plush. MUCH better refresh rates. Matter of personal preference though.
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:55 AM
Means laughing in Swedish
Kingdom of Sweden, Stockholm County, Jakobsberg
Joined May 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
Motors will work fine. I'm using the 3530 ones and it over powered with one battery.

I'd recommend some SimonK flashed ESCs over the Plush. MUCH better refresh rates. Matter of personal preference though.
I read somewhere that you could flash turnigy plush esc?

To bad i already pushed the order button. Its to late now but what esc from hobbyking do you recommend?

Will maybe do some build vid
skrattar is offline Find More Posts by skrattar
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:30 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrattar View Post
I read somewhere that you could flash turnigy plush esc?

To bad i already pushed the order button. Its to late now but what esc from hobbyking do you recommend?

Will maybe do some build vid
You can flash the Plush, but I have tried yet. SimonK is easy to flash once you figure it out.

I use the HK F-30A and F-20As. Love them.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:10 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Another video with the hk 3 axis gimbal, shaky shaky haha.

HAL Hexacopter Creek Play (3 min 51 sec)
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Hey,
I am in the process of building a HAL hexacopter frame as well. I will be using AX-2810Q-750KV motors with 1147 carbon fiber propellers and 30A ESCs.

As a power supply I think I will go with two in parallel ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 4S1P 20C batteries, which I will mount like 4u2fast did on his HAL.

To save some weight I will replace the booms with 35cm long 14mm (OD) x 11mm (ID) pull wound carbon fiber tubes. The new booms are approximately 2.5cm (about one inch) extended (but still lighter), in hope to steady the flight a bit for aerial video, using a GoPro 3 black edition.

As a flight control I will be using the NAZA M GPS system.

I am also planning on replacing the landing gear with the X468 landing gear and GoPro gimbal.

The total weight of the craft should be around 3kg including batteries and GoPro.

I am hoping to get a 10-15 minutes flight time.

What do you all think, is this flight time possible with my setup?
SnipeCustomArms is offline Find More Posts by SnipeCustomArms
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:47 AM
Registered User
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
only thing i hate about this type of frame is trying to get the motor mounts parallel (level) to the center plates. (i have quad version of this frame) makes it a pain to build. tiny deviation in one motor makes you have to trim the yaw out.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
Registered User
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCustomArms View Post
Hey,
I am in the process of building a HAL hexacopter frame as well. I will be using AX-2810Q-750KV motors with 1147 carbon fiber propellers and 30A ESCs.

As a power supply I think I will go with two in parallel ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 4S1P 20C batteries, which I will mount like 4u2fast did on his HAL.

To save some weight I will replace the booms with 35cm long 14mm (OD) x 11mm (ID) pull wound carbon fiber tubes. The new booms are approximately 2.5cm (about one inch) extended (but still lighter), in hope to steady the flight a bit for aerial video, using a GoPro 3 black edition.

As a flight control I will be using the NAZA M GPS system.

I am also planning on replacing the landing gear with the X468 landing gear and GoPro gimbal.

The total weight of the craft should be around 3kg including batteries and GoPro.

I am hoping to get a 10-15 minutes flight time.

What do you all think, is this flight time possible with my setup?
Depending on how efficient those motors are you should be able to get 10+ minutes with your 10,000mah.
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:21 AM
Registered User
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
only thing i hate about this type of frame is trying to get the motor mounts parallel (level) to the center plates. (i have quad version of this frame) makes it a pain to build. tiny deviation in one motor makes you have to trim the yaw out.

Just use a level.
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Turnigy H.A.L. (Heavy Aerial Lift) Quadcopter Frame kad Multirotor Talk 494 Nov 30, 2014 04:48 PM
New Product HK H.A.L. (Heavy Aerial Lift) Quadcopter Frame 585mm epyonxero Multirotor Talk 27 Aug 01, 2014 08:20 AM
Sold Heavy Lift Hexacopter $300 Grips Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 14 Sep 07, 2012 08:21 PM
Discussion Heavy Lift xAircraft Hexacopter in-flight video Goanna Multirotor Talk 0 Jul 01, 2012 12:49 PM
Discussion Aerial Video of kayaking and motocross - Heavy lift hexacopter wac Multirotor Talk 7 Jun 18, 2011 06:07 AM