HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Nightstone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
20 years on the Internet
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
823 Posts
Discussion
Cheap Carbon Landing Struts

I was browsing eBay when I stumbled upon this landing gear. The price seemed a bit too good to be true and I had no dimensions. Well I decided to take a chance and purchased 8 pairs. Price came out to $19.31 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330742187363

Received my gear yesterday and you can see the dimensions from the pictures. The main strut is 145mm. Weight is 18 grams for both struts. These seem very strong and should do me well in AP/FPV planes.

I feel I got a smokin deal on this. HK has similar carbon gear for $18.75. No screws and not drilled.

Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Downtown Phoenix Skyline
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Mar 2012
131 Posts
hey Nightstone,
I got these struts, but don't know the best way to attach the wheels. What do you recommend?

I wish these struts were actually shorter.....they are so long that I'm going to have to mount them under the wings instead of the fuse.
Averan is offline Find More Posts by Averan