Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:47 AM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
I have found the Beginner mode on EO to be extremely difficult to fly because it is so slow to respond, Sport mode is best for me but still needs to be tweaked to be more responsive but not as responsive as Expert and in Expert mode to be very much like the LadyBird which I consider impossible to fly. Just breathing on the sticks makes the LB take off.

On to the battery connector. Is it just me, it is so difficult to connect the battery. I hope a little more thought goes into the new Xtreme.
@skipper1

It is easier to install the battery while it is not strapped into the main frame. Also removing the canopy will give a little more room. I personally suffer from sausage finger syndrome. I know it can be tricky, but after a little practice it becomes relatively easy. We had to keep the connector nested for many reasons. Protection, and durability are just a few of them.

Regards,

Adam
Adam.RCLogger is online now Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:30 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
835 Posts
I saw someone else bring this up when talking about getting stuck on the ceiling, but I also ran into this outside and found a way to reproduce the issue.

Go into an open area, put it in sport mode, get some height, get going full forward, then close the throttle to 0 just for a sec, then throttle back up, then release the forward motion, it should level out, but what it does is reset level to be the full forward motion, so it will keep flying away. Quickly hold full back, and that will level it out, then you can either just land where it is, or attempt to turn around and fly back like this (a little weird). It really should not reset what it thinks is level in midflight.

And I’m really not exactly sure what is going on here, as when I try to purposely set it on a not level surface, and take off, it immediately levels out, so just chopping the throttle is not what is doing it, I think there is some combination with motion. If I hold it not level and take off, it levels out, but if I toss it a bit, whatever orientation it is when I toss it becomes what it thinks is level, until I land, then it resets. It is weird that it only temporarily resets what it thinks is level.

I’m thinking this can be fixed
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:44 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,645 Posts
Thanks for the input Beer 'n Skip, gives me a better idea of the flight characteristics of the Eye One and what to expect with the upcoming S version.

I tweaked my TX "travel adjust" to 115 Ele/Ail for flipping and 150 Rud for the slow Yaw/Piro on my LB v.1
With that my LB is even more quick/twitchy than a stock LB setup and should prepare me for the EOS on Expert mode.

Being able to use my Devo10 with the EOS and Extreme would be most Excellent! *hint *hint
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:50 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
vpsporb, while I think upping your travel adjust on the LB will help your skill in general, I would not describe the EO on expert mode as 'twitchy' at all (possibly with the exception of the throttle, which is very sensitive). if anything, with your setup like that it's perfect hubsan x4 training at full 100% rates.

in fact, yaw rate feels quite slow even in expert mode. although I don't own a large heli or quad, I picture it flying like one, and therefore I fly it accordingly. movement has to be done almost gracefully (having trouble finding the right word lol). you can achieve steep aileron/elevator angles, but it has to be done in a controlled manner. also, I find I need a bit more space outdoors than my other quads to really let 'er rip. I love doing funnels with this thing at full throttle, it really sounds like it's tearing through the sky!

all I know is this is still my favorite micro/mini RTF quad overall, but I fly it almost exclusively outdoors in expert mode
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:30 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
I have been using a striped camera under the battery but the quality is worse than having it up in the canopy in the original case, so I tuned it to keep the case but with smaller weight...

Ready to go
ricardoliveira is offline Find More Posts by ricardoliveira
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:36 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
I am curious about the eye one canopy fpv... Weight ? Price ? How is going to be connected, if sharing the same power... Anyone ?

I am on expectation this could be independent so I could use it on other equipment like my tricopter or trex 500... I had a 1.2ghz system and I sold it, I ordered a 32g fpv setup 5.8... I hope the canopy with fpv be released soon... If they do it for eye one extreme, with more power, more autonomy I think it was going to be a success... Everybody wants fpv, 1 mile is more than enough... So a cheaper multi adaptive canopy or system will be a success... Come on, give some news !
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbosche View Post
I just have too many in my micros in my fleet. I'll always keep one of these but this one is just sitting here. Lightly used with $60 of parts (motors, feet, batteries, chargers and props.
There are 2 extra working motors and 2 (not working) motors that maybe you can fix if you're handy. It even has a googly eye on the front. 2 chargers, three batteries! Shipped like I got it just 2 weeks ago with original box.
Over $130 worth of quad goodness for $70 shipped to you from Brooklyn. I'm heading to the PO tomorrow so PM me tonight!
Payment sent!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:52 AM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
870 Posts
Where can I get just a new board for the EO?
Flyingfool is online now Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:03 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
Where can I get just a new board for the EO?
Talk to Tony at Rc-Drones.
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:30 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
went to a friends place... and he tested my Eye One @ the garage... also testing my new cam spot on Eye One... i added velcro to the canopy, attatched the (drilled) cam and the result is excelent... the propellers dont happer in the movie due to the 2 or 3mm the velcro adds to height.

12.02.2013 - 720P - Eye One @ Nelson´s garage - mode 2 (2 min 38 sec)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:17 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
I picked up a Eye One this past weekend @ E-fest. This is my 1st quad and its a blast! Where do i get bigger batteries? Is there a charge adapter yet?
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
Look a few pages back. You can buy the stock, having the possibility to charge it everywhere carrying a car adapter or home plug adapter or you can buy stock batteries like rhino or zippy that are same dimensions and power and charge them with a 2s balancer. I bought one spare and ordered now 4 zippy. I would prefer the original of course for the facility of charging it even on a trip or in the car, but shipment is very very very high... ;(
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Hopefully, this problem will be solved when Banggood have spare parts in stock.
Impakt is offline Find More Posts by Impakt
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:58 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
New owner report

I just received my RC Eye One from Heli-Heli. I got it in 3 days from order
with USPO priority mail.. Thank you Heli-Heli ( Mark?) for great service!
I charged the battery, installed the Tx batteries, plugged in the battery and got a solid green light. Hold the flight button in until the green light flashes, hold the on/off button until it beeps, let things happen, flashing green light,
Apply throttle, and it flies slow and easy ! Nice! RC Logger delivers!
First flight until the blinking orange light and touchdown.
Exactly as advertised.
No drama.
Just fun.

Sign me,

wish I had 2 batteries!
Bob K is offline Find More Posts by Bob K
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:14 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
Now that I have run 2 more batteries through it, I feel that
a few items might enhance the product.

1: Please mold a tab into the battery connector for big fingered people.

2: An on/off light on the transmitter would be worth the cost.
( perhaps a more distinctive beep for on- versus-off would be good enough? )

3: Maybe, don't change anything else? ( it's pretty good as-is...)
Bob K is offline Find More Posts by Bob K