Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:06 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
I created some prop guards, intended for being able to bump into things while flying fpv inside. It is 6mm foam cut out with a hot wire.
I also attached a 2.5g camera and tx.

The original canopy was 1.3g
Black guard on the canopy 3.5g
White guard with camera and battery, and water bottle canopy 8.3g

Works pretty well, but I was kinda disappointed with the range of the playstation controller, under 100 feet, fine if you are flying by site, but not really that far for fpv.

After adding the guards to the stock canopy I noticed that it was kinda loose, so to hold it a little more steady, add a small rubber band, so when I add a camera to that one, it wonít be flopping around.

I did make the clear canopy, by taping up the original, the filling with plaster of paris, then cutting off the bottom of a water bottle, heating it and pulling it over the mold. The bottle shrunk right to it. Not perfect, but not too bad, except for the center blob of plastic, but I had to make something.
What would you charge for one of those?
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:33 PM
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
2,867 Posts
Whats th e best replace battery for this? Andy turnigy fits?
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:43 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
What would you charge for one of those?
which? just the foam, the foam and the clear crappy canopy, the foam and the stock canopy?

I can scan my template, and post a pdf, then anyone can cut one out with a knife or hot wire.

I might be able to cut out a few, but would probably leave the sanding down to you guys (black one sanded down to round out the shape, the white one I only did one section to test out my method), I'd just have to figure out a way to ship them. Not sure I want to mess with canopies...
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:53 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
I see a 5.8g FPV system will soon be available for this and I was curious as to if we could get a few details, like:
output power?
built in antenna? type? (circular?)
separate battery or using the quads battery?

I created a 200 mW 5.8g system with a CP antenna that only added 12.5 grams to my MQX:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post20926088
I think the RC One could carry it also (but I'm looking at a smaller 25mW one )
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:59 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster View Post
Whats th e best replace battery for this? Andy turnigy fits?
Start at page 66 and learn tons of battery/connector info.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:32 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,043 Posts
I received my Eye One yesterday and I have to say that the battery was NOT well thought out. What were they thinking?
Mod and new batteries right after the Chinese New Year.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:22 AM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
Flew my eye one today...really getting used to it now,,have been flying in sport mode..and tried pro mode...a bit harder but not to bad...im using it to practice for when i get my armattan quad!...now that is a beast!
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
Also,just wondering what other props would fit the eye one?.....
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:20 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
Also,just wondering what other props would fit the eye one?.....
According to Jim, it sounds like the mini pet props fit and the nice thing is they come in red and black. I haven't tried them but am going to be adding some to an order to give them a go.

@ Adam or Chris any update as to when the Type S landing gear will be available. The stock hasn't given me any problems, but I certainly like the look and better protection the S gear adds.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
According to Jim, it sounds like the mini pet props fit and the nice thing is they come in red and black. I haven't tried them but am going to be adding some to an order to give them a go.

@ Adam or Chris any update as to when the Type S landing gear will be available. The stock hasn't given me any problems, but I certainly like the look and better protection the S gear adds.
I think they will come with the 2.4 GHz versions. I've read that March, 2013 is estimated.
Hope that they'll be available soon, so that I can fly the Eye One in my country too!
Impakt is offline Find More Posts by Impakt
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
I think i tried the MP props..and it wouldnt take off?..what are the offical size of the props...?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:18 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,137 Posts
Took mine out today...calm winds (storm coming later)....went up and down the street about a foot off the ground...wow!!!! I have an MQX and can't fly like that......must have been doing at least warp 2........this thing is a blast! Was on second level.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:21 AM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
539 Posts
Hi all,

Currently the plan is to release the EYE One S. This version will be 2.4 Ghz, The top bumpers will be enabled. One for a timer, the other for mode selection. The push is to have one bumper allow the pilot to change from flight modes (intermediate, expert, and Xtreme mode. This mode will defeat the bank angle restrictions in expert mode... Flip city!

Regarding the landing gear protectors, the EYE One S will sport the new ones as well. Don;t quote me but once the EYE One S landing skids appear as parts EO owners should be able to snag up a pair, and add them to their current unit should they decide they do not want to purchase the EOS.

I will get a confirmation on this from Chris. He just got back from the Toy Fair in Germany. However it is Chinese New Year there next week. So please expect the next update in about a week.

Off to do some EYE One flying guys. Have a great weekend

Adam
Adam.RCLogger is online now Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:45 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger View Post
... Xtreme mode. This mode will defeat the bank angle restrictions in expert mode... Flip city! ...
that's gonna be insane! I can already picture it
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:05 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
I think I saw it mentioned before, but I'd love to see a sport mode with full power. I know you use power to also limit the movements, but I'm looking for something that is more docile than expert, has the self leveling of sport, but the lifting power of expert. This is for FPV, sport is ok, but I wish it had a tad more power that I know is there. Expert is to much for me for FPV, expecially without the self leveling.
RCG Plus Member