HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:35 AM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
180 Posts
Off topic... Already ordered some zippy lipo and the female connector. 2 batteries original is not enough, the advantage is that with a USB adaptor you can easily on the eye one box carry a USB car or home adapter and charge them, but are two expensive cause the shipping, so I am going to adapt the plug. After market lipo plus female adapter I think the weigh is the same, can anybody please confirm it ?
ricardoliveira is offline Find More Posts by ricardoliveira
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:13 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
One page back, see post 1124 and 1125.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7301
Unfortunately the Rhino is almost 5mm too long.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:28 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Unfortunately the Rhino is almost 5mm too long.
Rhino fits perfectly. I have them myself. No force fit at all.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:47 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Rhino fits perfectly. I have them myself. No force fit at all.
I guess I thought the battery tray was 38.8mm. It must be bigger than that if the Rhino at 43mm fits perfectly. Thanks for your help.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:59 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
180 Posts
My contribution... took it to the field on our rc usual saturday meeting... lots of wind, you can hear it on the mic... all my friends joking about size and so on... i gained courage, selected mode 3 and... A POCKET ROCKET... it was my first time on mode 3 and my firts time at that park, i was not confortable because the trees but... i took him about 30 to 40 meters in distance away from us... you can see on my closeby that i have a paper tape rectangular glued on the canoy at back and a triangle at front, that helps a lot to see how he is pointed to us.

From base -
02.02.2013 - 720P - Rc Logger Eye One - Modo 3 (2 min 30 sec)

Onboard -
02.02.2013 - 720P - Rc Logger Eye One - Onboard Cam - Mode 3 - Flight 1 (1 min 0 sec)

Onboar 2 -
02.02.2013 - 720P - Rc Logger Eye One - Onboard Cam - Mode 3 - Flight 2 (0 min 42 sec)
ricardoliveira is offline Find More Posts by ricardoliveira
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:01 AM
Joined Jul 2011
159 Posts
I got my RC Eye One today.
What I like
- Very very stable for the size
- Mine is absolutely vibration free. Tried #16 keycam with D-lens and there is no jello in the video, like at all
- The sticks are better than the Hubsan X4 for example, it's possible to make small corrections

What I don't like
- Power limit in beginner mode, it would have been great for aerial video
- Can't tell if the radio is on or off, a LED would have been nice, a LCD screen with at least throttle values even better
- Mode switch from the quad

What I don't understand
- How can you tell the battery is running low? Mine drops down without any warning.
rolin is offline Find More Posts by rolin
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011
159 Posts
One more...
My charger only charges to 4.15V per cell. Is this normal? Why not to 4.20V?
rolin is offline Find More Posts by rolin
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:54 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Back in stock HK Int. - $2.78 ea.
ZIPPY Flightmax 350mAh 2S 20C
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_2S_20C_.html
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:53 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,322 Posts
Got mine today..video of it flying in my 14ft living room.....awesome...

RCLOGGEREYE1 A (1 min 25 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:19 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,111 Posts
Wish I had a video of mine flying up on the second story of my house. Now it's going to have to spend the night up there.
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:08 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,266 Posts
Hey guys, I found a way to tame the EO on expert mode, break a leg.

RC Logger Eye One broken leg flight (1 min 25 sec)

But seriously, I think the EO learning curve is too rich for my blood, I bought 3 RTF's in a month's time and at the moment have no flyable EO, but tons of spares and accessories if anyone is interested (PM me); a word of warning, this thing needs someone with a college degree in soldering to repair it.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:23 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Hey guys, I found a way to tame the EO on expert mode, break a leg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11bSgACD3Zs

But seriously, I think the EO learning curve is too rich for my blood, I bought 3 RTF's in a month's time and at the moment have no flyable EO, but tons of spares and accessories if anyone is interested (PM me); a word of warning, this thing needs someone with a college degree in soldering to repair it.
If u need help on fixing them, I can help you, I will solder them up for u, just pay shipping to me and back, i will do this for free. just let me know.
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:30 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
If u need help on fixing them, I can help you, I will solder them up for u, just pay shipping to me and back, i will do this for free. just let me know.
Everyday I'm pleasantly surprised by the helpful nature of all you gents at rcg. You guys rock!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:13 PM
Auntie Gravity left me hangin'
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
668 Posts
Hey guys, I need some diagnostic assistance.

My EO fell on concrete from a few feet up at low air speed and landed on its head just hard enough to push a few props down on their motor shafts. Fortunately I cut the throttle well before it hit.

I used a razor blade to reestablish the 0.5 mm prop-to-motor housing gap on the shafts, but my right/front motor is now sluggish; it runs, but starts late, and the RPMs aren't high enough, so the EO no longer lifts off. The other three motors run fine.

The motor shaft is straight, and I removed the landing skid and examined the solder joint and cap leads, and they look fine. Tried a tiny drop of light lube on the shaft as well, to no avail. I've tried re-calibrating several times, but it makes no difference.

Anything else I can do, short of ordering a crash kit to replace the offending motor?
Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:18 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gravity View Post
Hey guys, I need some diagnostic assistance.

My EO fell on concrete from a few feet up at low air speed and landed on its head just hard enough to push a few props down on their motor shafts. Fortunately I cut the throttle well before it hit.

I used a razor blade to reestablish the 0.5 mm prop-to-motor housing gap on the shafts, but my right/front motor is now sluggish; it runs, but starts late, and the RPMs aren't high enough, so the EO no longer lifts off. The other three motors run fine.

The motor shaft is straight, and I removed the landing skid and examined the solder joint and cap leads, and they look fine. Tried a tiny drop of light lube on the shaft as well, to no avail. I've tried re-calibrating several times, but it makes no difference.

Anything else I can do, short of ordering a crash kit to replace the offending motor?
Hey Uncle, what part of LA are you at? If you are close enough to me I'll give you some of my stash, I'm about to call it quits with the EO, I know when I'm been licked.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter