SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:57 PM
Joined Apr 2007
470 Posts
Hi,
Can anybody give me a link to the best batterys for the Eye One?

Thanks
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:45 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
I use the g-force lipo's from valuehobby.com, but it looks like they're out of stock right now:

350 lipo's

Along with the jst adapter from rcconnectors.com

adapter
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:57 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
I've been trying to get video of the quad but just haven't gotten the quality out of my camera's to get the level I want. I have been trying to get with my friend who has an HD camera for a few weeks now but between scheduling and weather it just hasn't happened. This morning it was 30 degrees out, but at least the weather was nice, so I figured I could at least throw a #16 camera on the quad and get a little video. It's not the highest quality, but it gives you a good idea with on board footage.

The EYE One had zero problems lifting the camera and to be honest I couldn't even feel it on there. It just show's how much power this quad has. I was in pro mode when flying this and was trying to show just how fast this thing really is. It get's small so quick it's insane. However I didn't push it quite all the way just because I had the camera attached and to be honest still get a little uncomfortable when I get it up high and push the rudder stick all in. Also looking back on it I think the 180 degree lens covers so much area that I think it makes things seem as though the quad didn't really fly as far as it did. Whenever you see me in the shot it's a good way to see just how far and how quickly the quad has traveled. When I punch it straight up it seem's like it's not really THAT high, but then you get a glimpse of me down there and realize just how quickly it shot up into the sky. Anyway, enjoy

RC Logger RC EYE One with #16 HD Keychain Camera (3 min 58 sec)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:58 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
-somehow double posted----
Last edited by jlcamp7; Jan 18, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:09 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
-somehow double posted----
Really nice video. If you have two 808's then you can velcro one to your cap and take videos from both ends.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:16 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,616 Posts
J,
Nice flying and although I prefer to hear how the motors sound, nice music too

I received my RC Eye One today too. Just finished reading up on it in the thread and the manual while charging the lipo. The lipo has been charging for the last 45 minutes....ah just finished as I was typing this. Time for testing. I need to make some new lipo connectors for this too to make some 2s lipos out of my pile of 1s's and use a B6 charger. Any idea why RC Logger went with a proprietary lipo connection? Fortunately that is easily fixed
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
I've been trying to get video of the quad but just haven't gotten the quality out of my camera's to get the level I want. I have been trying to get with my friend who has an HD camera for a few weeks now but between scheduling and weather it just hasn't happened. This morning it was 30 degrees out, but at least the weather was nice, so I figured I could at least throw a #16 camera on the quad and get a little video. It's not the highest quality, but it gives you a good idea with on board footage.

The EYE One had zero problems lifting the camera and to be honest I couldn't even feel it on there. It just show's how much power this quad has. I was in pro mode when flying this and was trying to show just how fast this thing really is. It get's small so quick it's insane. However I didn't push it quite all the way just because I had the camera attached and to be honest still get a little uncomfortable when I get it up high and push the rudder stick all in. Also looking back on it I think the 180 degree lens covers so much area that I think it makes things seem as though the quad didn't really fly as far as it did. Whenever you see me in the shot it's a good way to see just how far and how quickly the quad has traveled. When I punch it straight up it seem's like it's not really THAT high, but then you get a glimpse of me down there and realize just how quickly it shot up into the sky. Anyway, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_26...ature=youtu.be
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:35 PM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
422 Posts
The fact that you were standing on the edge of a crop circle like spot adds to the eerie atmosphere of your video.
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:26 AM
Joined Apr 2007
470 Posts
Quote:
I use the g-force lipo's from valuehobby.com, but it looks like they're out of stock right now:

350 lipo's

Along with the jst adapter from rcconnectors.com

adapter
Hi,
Thank you......does anyone in the UK make these connectors?..as shipping is a bit expensive...................also any other batteries that fit like turnigy nano tech?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:34 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
881 Posts
Just a dumb question from a dummy, when in /expert mode, when you push the right stick forward (elevator) does it tend to lean forward till it goes upside down , as in tip over?
I just saw someone at the field almost crash, so I'm asking since i haven't gone expert mode and don't want any surprises when I do... i still haven't tested for my drift problem yet, will test for the problem in the open field tomorrow, will try expert too if i have it in me but is like to know a bout that tippin over i saw when right stick is pushed forward... wanna be prepared... just in case...please let me know if it happens...and why it happens , thanks guys
Cheers
Ayo

PS Adam i will let you know about the drift issue tomorrow afteri fly, but just want to say thanks dude....for being so involved and helpful with us & helping us, you have our thanks and respect for that..same goes for mat, cheers you guys!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:38 AM
Joined Apr 2007
470 Posts
Would this battery be to big? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZIPPY-Flig...item232328b0fc

Or This? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Last edited by symon; Jan 19, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:38 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
The Zippy 350's will fit. I have several of them I use on my Eye1. The NanoTechs look to be 4mm longer. I doubt they will fit without trimming the tabs off the ends of the battery tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Just a dumb question from a dummy...
You're only a dummy if you fail to ask questions when you should.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:33 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
The Zippy 350's will fit. I have several of them I use on my Eye1. The NanoTechs look to be 4mm longer. I doubt they will fit without trimming the tabs off the ends of the battery tray.

You're only a dummy if you fail to ask questions when you should.
Hehe thanks dude! So is it normal for it to lean too much, CUz pushing the right stick button forward makes it lean and then turn over least that's what makes it happen...I was kinda evil... I told him hmmm try it again so that I can see... He did..it leaned and then tipped over and fell...:sly: it was just above the ground so it didn't even feel it
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:49 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
Yes in pro mode it will certainly lean. But that's not an issue nor will it flip over. It's learning how to fly in pro mode. The other two modes give a false sense hood of just how much control this quad really has. In pro mode it takes pretty much all the "help" off and gives you 100% control. Being that low to the ground and going into a full lean in pro mode isn't going to give you much to room to work with. Leaning is how a quad goes in a specific direction but in pro mode it will literally lean as close to the edge as it can get without flipping. If you take one up about 100 feet and then slam the rudder stick it will blow your mind how steep of an angle it can get and how quickly it returns to "earth" because of the lean. So essentially all I'm saying is yet it's meant to lean that far in pro mode and second you can't flip it, unless by flip you mean hitting the ground and it flipping over.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:56 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
Was going to answer this when I got to my computer, but Murman beat me to it.

Let me state one fact. The gforce lipo's I mentioned and the zippy flightmax that I know Murman own's actually are just a hair long in dimensions and when placed in the battery holder will actually push out the tabs just a hair, but it doesn't cause any issues and they work perfectly fine.

As Murman already stated according to the specs of the 300mah lipo's they will definitely be too long and also it looks like they might would be too wide as well according to the specs.

The inside length of the battery tray is 38.8 mm.

Hope you don't mind me reposting, but here is murman's post from earlier in the thread with pics showing what he did and the zippy lipo installed:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=623

And here is some pics of mine with the gforce lipo installed:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=95
Last edited by jlcamp7; Jan 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Apr 2007
470 Posts
Hi,
Thank you..will get the zippys...just need to find an adaptor now...the one from RC connectors is a good price but the shipping is to expensive.