yep!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
Wow, pretty excited about this little quad. I've been away from my computer for a week and only using my phone so I didn't dig into the forums too much. Just saw this today. Looks really promising! #1 The fact that you guys are willing to invest time into this product and make improvements, including major ones such as a link system and a camera system. This looks to possibly be a real winner! I was really impressed with how well it could bank in the first video. That's really nice and the extra weight from the 2s as you suggested seems to certainly give it a nice stability in the video's . Personally I like the fact that it's 2s and doesn't have integrated parts from others. It's a breath of fresh air and a step away from the "same" thing we've seen for months. If this thing flies solid and is robust and I will be able to link to my spektrum radio and also have a camera setup that isn't something jerry rigged on there with tape or rubberbands then I definitely would have major interest in this product. Also I LOVE the look of the canopy and it reminds me a lot of a gaui. The only thing I will say is I do wish the battery connector was something less proprietary such as a jst or walkera/losi plug, only mainly because I already have those connectors for using a standard charger where as with this connector will it be possibly to just purchase one for creating a charging cable?

If I could give any advice regarding creating an anylink type system, please make the module/casing as small as possible. I struggle with having some big old box thing being velcro'd to my radio (the walkera magic cube is nice and small compared to the huge tactic anylink).

And not to take away from James as he is the king of quad reviewers, but if you're looking for another reviewer please let me know.

Really looking forward to this new little quad!
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:05 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
... with this connector will it be possible to just purchase one for creating a charging cable?
The board connector is a jst-xh male 4 pin as used for 3S balance socket. You can get these type of leads at HK to make up your own charge adapter, BUT, you need to know how the 4 pins are being used from the 2S battery. I suspect, from the pics in the manual, it is being done with a + and - from each cell, making the 4 wires from the battery, so, two 1S cells piggybacked.
I am ordering one of these quads next week so will know for certain once it arrives.
Link to HK for leads to cannibalise, only thing is the wire colours won't match the purpose...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...tegory=408&pc=
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
Thanks mono for the info. I did notice in the video it looked like a balance lead. Just wasn't sure and will really appreciate your input on the positive and negative wiring once you get your hands on one.

I guess the only other thing with it being a proprietary cable it means the only lipos I can use are the ones directly from RC EYE. That's a little disabling but still for sure not a deal breaker.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:53 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,092 Posts
Getting batteries depends how comfortable you are with making your own.
You can get 1S unwired cells from HK, then piggyback 2 together, wire to 4 pin female jst-xh. Or, just get 2 of the wired 300mah nanotechs (9 eagle compat, but might be too thick) and solder the 4 wires to the plug.
Need to take measurements to see exactly what's possible. Looking at the greyscale photo in the manual, looks like plug is just wired [+-+-]
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Last edited by mono; Nov 02, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:12 AM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Very nice quad, Gotta save up for this one!
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,881 Posts
i hope the bind version will be cheaper..does it possible to ship with other compagnie than dhl(expansive and pretty sure to have duty taxes..)
do you have an idea when bnf will be available?
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
i hope the bind version will be cheaper..does it possible to ship with other compagnie than dhl(expansive and pretty sure to have duty taxes..)
do you have an idea when bnf will be available?
Hi there ...

I believe the pricing won't change since the BNF adapter (via trainer socket) is available as accessory for those pilots who prefer to use their own and favorite radio. Supported are major brands like Spektrum, Futaba, JR ....

We are planing to have it released in Q4/Q1 2012/13. The adapter is compatible with all previous sold RC EYE Ones.

We are now calculating shipping cost based on actual cost with a direct DHL API - check it out since it might be an advantage for some of you We won't be adding additional forwarders at this point of time.
MatLi is offline Find More Posts by MatLi
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,261 Posts
I picked up one for my Daughter. it is a blast to fly. and it is the most stable of the mini quad market. if they could add hight hold in a way. that would make this quad even more perfect. once i can pry this from my daughters hands I will take some pics. and a video. now they also just need to add the parts to the site. need to order more batterys. LOL
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I picked up one for my Daughter. it is a blast to fly. and it is the most stable of the mini quad market. if they could add hight hold in a way. that would make this quad even more perfect. once i can pry this from my daughters hands I will take some pics. and a video. now they also just need to add the parts to the site. need to order more batterys. LOL
great news
i think you could buy hobbycity batteries
for alt hold it will be a great thing and the first to have it.....but perhaps it will be a new model
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
Hi there ...

I believe the pricing won't change since the BNF adapter (via trainer socket) is available as accessory for those pilots who prefer to use their own and favorite radio. Supported are major brands like Spektrum, Futaba, JR ....

We are planing to have it released in Q4/Q1 2012/13. The adapter is compatible with all previous sold RC EYE Ones.

We are now calculating shipping cost based on actual cost with a direct DHL API - check it out since it might be an advantage for some of you We won't be adding additional forwarders at this point of time.
i just to check and it s incredible expansive...
Selected shipping carrier is:

DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE

Charges: $50.53

you will never sell one with this kind of shipment....almost more expansive than you quad.....
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
i just to check and it s incredible expansive...
Selected shipping carrier is:

DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE

Charges: $50.53

you will never sell one with this kind of shipment....almost more expansive than you quad.....
Depends on your location. Where are you at? We may have a local distri in your area. Please let us know and we might be able to help you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Thanks for your kind comments We will have the spare part options added shortly. We just put our new shop system online and had some initial issues with the order process. It should be more or less solved now. I will push for adding the spare options before end of next week. Keep you posted.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
the sample has arrived in Beijing! But I have no idea when it's going to get to my apartment..hopefully tomorrow..
Will be busy with work this week though so hopefully I'll be able to test the RC EYE One and write the review next week... we'll see! Stay tuned guys.
jameschen072 is online now Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
547 Posts
Hey James. That's great news!

We are all looking forward to it The EYE One is addicting
Adam.RCLogger is offline Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor