HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
So I see the Christmas Special two pack is a pre-order. Are they shipping from overseas or here in the states? Can I assume they will be delivered before Christmas?
Hi richh-

Currently some of the US retailers are offering the same special as the RC Logger website. These should be expected to be received by these retailers here in the US. shortly before Christmas. Please check here to find a distributor in your area. Most have 2 day shipping so this should not be a problem.

Regards,

Adam
Adam.RCLogger is offline Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:58 PM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
So I see the Christmas Special two pack is a pre-order. Are they shipping from overseas or here in the states? Can I assume they will be delivered before Christmas?
Hi there. Yes, they will currently mostly ship directly via Hong Kong from next week onwards. Production has been completed and we are awaiting the good to arrive in our HK warehouse in the next two days. We will start to process all pre-orders from next week.

Santa should be very happy and busy. Those orders will definitely make it under the Christmas tree.

We will also start to ship all open orders to our participating partners next week, thus they will also be guaranteed to supply the goods to you in time before Christmas. This applies for Mode 2 and Mode 3 versions as well as all spare parts!
MatLi is offline Find More Posts by MatLi
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,529 Posts
RC EYE 180 Extreme (Brushless Version)

Sorry - off topic but we need your help.

We need your help. Please share your thoughts and spare a moment of your time.

==>> http://www.rclogger.com/forum/showth...ess-Version%29
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
What's a 180 size quad exactly? What kind of price range? I would definetly go with these features: LEDs pre-installed. Minimalistic canopy. 3D maneuvers of course. Camera friendly setup too.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:17 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,473 Posts
MatLi- It sounds cool but what about adding some extra sensors like on the walkera infra-x or even GPS if it will fit.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
What's a 180 size quad exactly? What kind of price range? I would definetly go with these features: LEDs pre-installed. Minimalistic canopy. 3D maneuvers of course. Camera friendly setup too.
180 refers to the size. The current RC EYE One is a 120 mm size. Measured from propeller to propeller diagonally.

We are targeting a price range around 100 USD.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
MatLi- It sounds cool but what about adding some extra sensors like on the walkera infra-x or even GPS if it will fit.
The Infra-X - well - I have not much of a comment but those "avoidance" sensors don't really make much sense to me, especially we are targeting a full brushless system for powerful outdoor flight.

It could be more compared to the HOTENX. A GPS-System may drive the price up. So if I understand correct it just need to hold position in X and Y and no altitude? Altitude hold would require another type of sensor such as atmospheric pressure for example since the GPS altitude information is comparably inaccurate.

I am not sure if this would really be viable for such a price and size range. But we can certainly look into it.

Appreciate your feedback
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
180 refers to the size. The current RC EYE One is a 120 mm size. Measured from propeller to propeller diagonally.

I bet a brushless 180 size quad for around $100 would be a good seller.

It might be a perfect solution for a nice inexpensive FPV setup.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:

A brushless rtf quad for about $100 thats bigger than the RC Eye One? That's the sweetspot a lot of hobbyists are probably hoping for.

My body is ready.

There's nothing at all in that class right now. I'm not too concerned about GPS (although I suppose you could make more expensive versions with more bells and whistles). This sounds better than the octacopter, to be honest.

You all are on your way to becoming the Valve of quadcopters (meaning you actually listen to your community and prosper from it).
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:06 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Maybe you can offer the quad at 100 with the gps hold and other functions as add ons. I like the price point and it may be immensely powerful with the brushless system.
I'd say if the EYE One camera fits this brushless quad, that would be even better!
As to the design, I really like the matte black finish on your octo... It looks drone like and very...cool!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:36 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
I would think you should make it as a stable video platform with maybe a bit of aerobatics as an afterthought. A bit like the Hoten-X but more powerful.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Sorry - off topic but we need your help.

We need your help. Please share your thoughts and spare a moment of your time.

==>> http://www.rclogger.com/forum/showth...ess-Version%29
Posted my thoughts

I just wanted to say how exciting and cool this has been so far to feel involved in the design/updates to your line of quads. It's so cool to see you guys being so involved in the community and valuing our input. I feel like I'm actually a part of something.

I can't imagine the countless hours and amount of time that has been spent in testing and looking at all the different options. Thanks so much for your commitment to your products and to the rc community!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:29 AM
Reinventing Innovation.
Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2009
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Posted my thoughts

I just wanted to say how exciting and cool this has been so far to feel involved in the design/updates to your line of quads. It's so cool to see you guys being so involved in the community and valuing our input. I feel like I'm actually a part of something.
Your feedback has been sent to our engineers. They will read each and every line of what you have to say (all posts). We may need to compromise here and there, obviously, because we want to keep the price attractive but we certainly want to deliver as close as possible what can be done within the target MSRP of around 100 USD (not exceeding if possible) and full RtF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I can't imagine the countless hours and amount of time that has been spent in testing and looking at all the different options. Thanks so much for your commitment to your products and to the rc community!
To be honest, it is nice to work with the community. Although this is a lot of extra work for us but we believe that users are those who use our product, of course I do too, but why should we not listen to the majority of the users - being you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,745 Posts
The RC Eye One can lift and carry cool cargo, like a camera! It is like a baby Sikorsky!

RCLogger RC Eye One Quadcopter (3 min 4 sec)
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best in the West 2014
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:33 AM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I bet a brushless 180 size quad for around $100 would be a good seller.

It might be a perfect solution for a nice inexpensive FPV setup.
I strongly agree with you there Tony
Adam.RCLogger is offline Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor