SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TheFernMan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:46 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,194 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Sold
4x FLASHED HobbkyKing F-30A ESCs with latest SimonK with bootloader enabled

4x HobbyKing F-30A @ $17 each

"Standard ESCs are actually not designed for multirotor applications. They are programmed to increase and decrease the throttle command towards the motor in a gentle way. The reason for this is quite obvious. Imagine a motor accelerating and decelerating so abruptly in a helicopter or car... it would damage the gears and reductions in no time. In a multirotor application, we really want just the opposite. The goal is to change the motor speed, and thus the thrust, as fast as possible to achieve a perfectly stable platform.

While the current ESCs used in most multrotor applications work considerably well, there is a lot of room for improvement. Using the same ESC, but loading it with dedicated optimized software, will increase the handling and stability of your multirotor greatly.

We call this RapidESC: converting your regular lazy ESC into a high speed capable speed controller at no extra cost, ready for multirotor applications."

These are one of the best types of ESCs for the SimonK firmware. Read first post here

All N-Fet:
"The ESCs which use only N-channel FETs have the advantage of lower resistance, less losses and hence more efficiency."*

External Oscillator:
"An external oscillator may supply a more consistent timing signal and steadier motor speeds" "but the internal rc oscillator ones will drift quite a bit based on temperature."*

HobbyKing F-30A Tested and flashed with the latest SimonK with bootloader enabled so you can flash them in the future thought the servo cable with the USB linker from HobbyKing. I cut a little flap out and use clear tape to cover the opening. You can barely tell.

Selling them for $17 each ESC plus shipping US shipping only.

If you're interested send me a PM so I get proper shipping with your address. I'll be doing USPS shipping. It's $6.

Any question feel free to ask.

References:
What is RapidEsc (Simonk firmware)
All N-Fet Design
External Oscillators
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States
Joined Dec 2010
221 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I've got no affiliation with the OP whatsoever but I use this particular ESC on nearly all of my copters and it works really well and since he's added the bootloader I'm pretty excited to see him making it available to everyone!

Having the bootloader is great because it makes it super easy to update the firmware or change it to something different (like wii-ESC if you have sync problems that you can't resolve otherwise) or whatever you want to do. That in itself makes these worth buying - because they are super flexible due to the bootloader. All that said, it would be nice if CONUS shipping were included at this asking price!

Good stuff!
wingspinner is offline Find More Posts by wingspinner
Last edited by wingspinner; Oct 18, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspinner View Post
I've got no affiliation with the OP whatsoever but I use this particular ESC on nearly all of my copters and it works really well and since he's added the bootloader I'm pretty excited to see him making it available to everyone!

Having the bootloader is great because it makes it super easy to update the firmware or change it to something different (like wii-ESC if you have sync problems that you can't resolve otherwise) or whatever you want to do. That in itself makes these worth buying - because they are super flexible due to the bootloader. All that said, it would be nice if shipping were included at this asking price! They are still a good deal (where else can you buy a top quality ESC with bootloader and Simonk for under $20). Lot's of people selling them with Simonk but no bootloader.

Good stuff!
Thanks for your comment! Yes these are great ESCs.

These ESCs are really targeted for US based people who need Flashed ESCs and can't or dont want to do the flashing themselves or they cant or dont want to wait for china shipping. Most of the people who have bought from me get them in two or three days! thats fast if you ask me
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States
Joined Dec 2010
221 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Thanks for your comment! Yes these are great ESCs.

These ESCs are really targeted for US based people who need Flashed ESCs and can't or dont want to do the flashing themselves or they cant or dont want to wait for china shipping. Most of the people who have bought from me get them in two or three days! thats fast if you ask me

I didn't say anything about shipping speed. But that's great if you ship fast also!
wingspinner is offline Find More Posts by wingspinner
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,194 Posts
ESCs have been Sold.
Closed Thread