HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Thanks,

I don't think the lipo will even last throughout the 128waypoints..
Haha never thought if it actually
panos2408 is online now Find More Posts by panos2408
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Sep 2009
129 Posts
Everything in the boxes are the same for GLYDER 600 NAZA ARTF and GLYDER 600 , right? The only different is the GLYDER 600 PNP will be tuned and ready to fly but for GLYDER 600 NAZA ARTF I have to tune by myself, right?
mailtopravit is offline Find More Posts by mailtopravit
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:08 PM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
I guarantee it will fly better free
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:19 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
Fu,

When do you plan adding the Gyros and Servos for the Gimbal in your website?

Also can you please provide with the size of the Cabon fiber tube so i can buy some replacements just in case?
the carbon fiber tube is 11mm one,
gyro and servo should be on tomorrow.
thanks
Fu
glassfox is online now Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:15 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtopravit View Post
Everything in the boxes are the same for GLYDER 600 NAZA ARTF and GLYDER 600 , right? The only different is the GLYDER 600 PNP will be tuned and ready to fly but for GLYDER 600 NAZA ARTF I have to tune by myself, right?
the PNP version will be turned, and fully assembled.
GLYDER 600 NAZA ARTF are only parts which you need to assemble it according to our manual.
thanks
Fu
glassfox is online now Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:45 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
did you get my pm Fu?
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:31 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Fu do you have a distribution cable included for this frame or do we need to figure out our sleves how to power all esc's?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:51 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Glyder 600 test Footage 7 (1 min 49 sec)

WOW .. totally awesome .. a brand spankin' new wooden coaster under construction .. That Sir, is Truly a Work of Art! Once you get your p & t dialed in, you outta fly it again, but following the actual circuit .. 60fps in HD and adjust fps to taste in post. Offer them a copy for their construction archives.

Food for thought .. the smoothest PT gimbals I've seen demonstrated are using belt drive with analog servos .. yep .. analog. Your innovation is inspiring .. I would echo an interest in a six or eight, but surely you are on a pioneer path. Keep up the good work, and Good Luck Always

The Big Dipper (Santa Cruz) on steroids .. lol .. awesome
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY6nfjdB6T4

WOW .. totally awesome .. a brand spankin' new wooden coaster under construction .. That Sir, is Truly a Work of Art! Once you get your p & t dialed in, you outta fly it again, but following the actual circuit .. 60fps in HD and adjust fps to taste in post. Offer them a copy for their construction archives.

Food for thought .. the smoothest PT gimbals I've seen demonstrated are using belt drive with analog servos .. yep .. analog. Your innovation is inspiring .. I would echo an interest in a six or eight, but surely you are on a pioneer path. Keep up the good work, and Good Luck Always

The Big Dipper (Santa Cruz) on steroids .. lol .. awesome
As Fu himself will pop and correct you it's Aleksey Zaitsevsky's approach regarding the Gimbal concept... But yes Fu did some modifications and his system may outperform the Ecilop platform in a variety of ways... Give me a month and i ll be able to tell you

Any news on the Manual and assembly instructions btw?
Last edited by panos2408; Nov 09, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:31 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
in what ways will this outperform the ecilop? whats its advantages?
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Since i haven't got any experience with either Ecilop or Glyder 600 i will just say some maybe minor reasons why i went with the glyder 600.

1) More friendly camera mounting system. Unlike ecilop it can accept a lot of different models at least easier than the ecilop, which holds all cameras apart the Sony nex series inverted on the frame thus making it tricky to evaluate footage conveniently on your laptop at the shooting spot since you need to proceed to a flipping procedure or hold the laptop upside down which will also make you look stupid haha. And more importantly you will have to forget fpv flight....

2) Battery tray on Glyder 600 looks easier to balance with the camera in case you plan on using a different sized battery and need a fast rebalance...It will also not leave undesirable marks on the Gimbal aluminum square tubes in the manner that ecilop will since it's based on squeezing surfaces on them.

3) The camera sits on a plate which has rubber bolts for further vibration elimination which adds an extra anti vibration measure more than the ecilop that skips that part entirely unless i have missed something.

4) I don't like the idea of Ecilop having the main plate holding up to some 3mm carbon fiber parts... Crash it a bit harder and the frame will transfer all that force to those little 3mm parts...Some will argue you ll only have to replace those small 3mm parts but these steadi style gimbals will also receive a great force and some shafts will bend if the rest of the frame is not solid and collapses and theres a ground time for your quad...

Of course these glide cam style frames depend their performance on the tuning skills and gyro / servo quality chosen by the user so I guess until someone comes up with a head to head comparison we can't really have a real comparison of which one is actually better. I do believe Ecilop is a revolutionary concept stylish and a great platform but i can't see anything worth the price range so I went with the Glyder 600.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
101 Posts
panos2408 am with you i have Ecilop and am not happy with it .. made me crazy , waiting the Glyder 600 PNP

here my Ecilop with my X8
Ecilop Chasing X8 part 2 (2 min 9 sec)
s6100021 is online now Find More Posts by s6100021
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
As Fu himself will pop and correct you it's Aleksey Zaitsevsky's approach regarding the Gimbal concept... But yes Fu did some modifications and his system may outperform the Ecilop platform in a variety of ways... Give me a month and i ll be able to tell you
Thanks for your post .. I am now enlightened. Hows that expression go .. "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery"
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jun 2012
323 Posts
Ok, I'm going to post the same question here as I did in the ecilop forum:

This is video of a 100eur frame with the same principle as ecilop ( as far as I can see )..
六軸空拍飛行器 fcp 剪輯 (2 min 53 sec)

Can somebody tell me how can this look so much better than anything I can see on this thread, with a fraction of the price? What am i missing?
gondoflier is offline Find More Posts by gondoflier
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
AKA 3DJIM
Bournemouth Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2004
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondoflier View Post
Ok, I'm going to post the same question here as I did in the ecilop forum:

This is video of a 100eur frame with the same principle as ecilop ( as far as I can see )..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2lmfKntrcE&feature=plcp

Can somebody tell me how can this look so much better than anything I can see on this thread, with a fraction of the price? What am i missing?
You can't ask that question without showing us the frame

Jim.
Tetley is offline Find More Posts by Tetley