HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
the beauty of YS-X6 is that you can adjust the PID in real time through the GCS. With the WKM you can assign the gains to two knobs but the tuning is not as comprehensive as the YS. With that said, I've flown YS-X6 and WKM in different wind conditions and I dont feel like I need to change the gains at all.

Your comment is particularly true with the MK, I have my PID sets for moderate wind so if wind conditions change to very windy I wont risk flying it. Unfortunately with the MK we have to land the multi first then adjust the PID, if we do it while the MK is flying, the MK would flip.

The test videos are actually pretty good. What is needed is to set the expectations realistically. If we look for zenmuse quality footage, better to look elsewhere. But with this system, if we mount the copter with a camera equipped with the latest advanced stab technology then the result would be much better than the test footage. I'm interested to know how the gyro stabilization compare with the YS steadi quad, which uses an extra IMU.

One advantage that the glyder has over the YS is that the price of is pretty attractive and it allows for FC customization. I would imagine that there are many fliers out there looking for the "next step" solution having graduated from flying the MQX. The top end solution would be zenmuse and spreading wings but the cost of the system is just too much for many fliers. The steadicam quad YS-X6 would also be a nice choice for those who have deep pocket. At half of the price of the YS quad, glyder would attract the majority of fliers due to its attractive pricing. If fu is selling a ready to fly version minus radio, which requires minimum assembly, I wouldnt be surprised if that model would be popular. I've seen footages taken from ecilop's quad and the result is pretty good. So I'd expect the glyder would be able to produce similar results if not better.
Nice, that is why I plan to equipt the YS-X6 with this frame
Only if Fu can reply to my email a bit quicker.. lol
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:07 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondoflier View Post
very nice analysis Fajar.
what do you guys think about using something like skyline rsgs gimbal stabilization? Would this help with anything?
thank you gondoflier.

Skyline is a promising stab system. I think they got some firmware issues in the beginning. Not sure how it goes now. One thing for sure, there shouldn't be the need to use the skyline with the foxtech's glyder.

I myself am not really too bothered with finding the best gimbal stabilization solution. For as long as my airframe is decent enough to dampen vibration and the FC's gimbal stabilization is decent enough to compensate roll and tilt movement and I mount the cam on a decent gimbal, the rest of the vibration is chewed by my Sony's handycam with the BOSS technology. So to me, the BOSS technology complements the performance of my multis nicely.

Mikrokopter with Sony HDR-PJ760VE (3 min 4 sec)

That clip is just a small test to see what sorts of adjustments I would make in the next run.

So yeah if you have photohigher av130/200 skyline would seem to be the way to go but the race nowadays for folks like Fu is actually to provide the best performing solution in the most economical price bracket. If you're a pro no doubt you would go for the best performing solution out there no matter how much money it would cost you but for the majority of fliers especially weekend fliers, the best bang for the buck is what most people want.

If you think about it, the photohigher gimbal and skyline would cost you more than a grand. On top of that you'd need the FC and the copter itself. So the steadi470 and foxtech's glyder would fill in the gap just nicely in the myriad of competing AP solutions.

I should get the glyder in my hands not too long from now and I will share my comments here. It's getting more exciting in the multirotor world all I can say.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:42 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,496 Posts
Actually Fajar should be the first tester of Glyder 600.
the test frame should be sent within 3 days,
and he is planning to use YS-X6 ,willing to see the performance.
thanks
Fu
glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:08 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox View Post
thanks
Fu
thanks fu. I'm gonna use the naza gps first as I have one as spare just waiting for the frame. If I'm happy with it then there's no reason to replace it with the YS-X6.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:19 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
thanks
Fu
That's great.
Fajar, I will be getting one with YS-X6 as well. Gonna set this up for someone. Should I have any dead wall issues, will it be ok if I get in touch with you?
Although I think foxtech should offer some online chat help as well if I get into trouble?

And please once you have yours set up, share some settings that may help me too. Thanks!
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:15 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
That's great.
Fajar, I will be getting one with YS-X6 as well. Gonna set this up for someone. Should I have any dead wall issues, will it be ok if I get in touch with you?
Although I think foxtech should offer some online chat help as well if I get into trouble?

And please once you have yours set up, share some settings that may help me too. Thanks!
No problem at all neato4u. You'll love the YS-X6, it's a very good choice for multicopter including the glyder.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:55 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
No problem at all neato4u. You'll love the YS-X6, it's a very good choice for multicopter including the glyder.
Just a question (waiting for Fu to answer this as well actually)

If I need 50 waypoints, I should get the basic + basic to standard upgrade (with datalink) + standard to enhanced?
enhanced will give me 50 waypoints for the YS-X6 right?

The professional upgrade enable 128waypoints? That is too much for me..
Last edited by neato4u; Nov 08, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,496 Posts
the enhanced should be quite enough ,the professional one is too expensive.
thanks
Fu
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:37 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,496 Posts
Quote:
thanks fu. I'm gonna use the naza gps first as I have one as spare just waiting for the frame. If I'm happy with it then there's no reason to replace it with the YS-X6.
ok, in that case ,we can share the naza gimbal parameter with you
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:38 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,496 Posts

new gimbal part, 98% close to the final ,since the roll servo is mounted incorrectly

check the first page for bigger images.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:06 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
ok, in that case ,we can share the naza gimbal parameter with you
great!
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:02 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Fu im jealous, can i get one too ,it wouldnt be right if i couldnt fly side by side with Fajar!
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:23 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,496 Posts
hehe ,then take the advantage of blackfriday sale and order one
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,111 Posts
Fu,

When do you plan adding the Gyros and Servos for the Gimbal in your website?

Also can you please provide with the size of the Cabon fiber tube so i can buy some replacements just in case?
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:32 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
the enhanced should be quite enough ,the professional one is too expensive.
thanks
Fu
Thanks,

I don't think the lipo will even last throughout the 128waypoints..