SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:04 AM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
423 Posts
Walkera radios

Hi Fu,
Will you have the Walkera radios available in your site? Do you know if the Rmilec UHF works with Walkera?

Tks
jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox View Post
hi Neato4u,
well, the walkera 12S looks amazing I must say.
don't have high end futaba radio yet.
that 5.8G combo can be used with other sytem ,no problem.
thanks
Fu
Hehehe yes I admit the Walkera looks nice. But I already have a Futaba T8FG
Sweet to know the 5.8 is not dedicated to WKM. Why are you not selling only cloverleaf / bluebeam set?

Ok, back to topic.. just waiting for another response to my email, and I hope we can close the deal.

Thanks Fu.
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Jul 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
I plan to buy one, but that footage was terrible... when will come a new footage with the new Glyder600 Sample ?
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:03 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloreg View Post
I plan to buy one, but that footage was terrible... when will come a new footage with the new Glyder600 Sample ?
I believe it's very windy, see the flag at 0:57
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
I thought this footage was very nice because of that flag... It looks like 4x2 meter flag there, so constant wind speed of 10+ knots at the level of the flag is a very possible scenario on that flight. The Glyder 600 was flying in higher altitude so maybe more wind there. I was actually very relieved with such performance....

With some post stabilization since this is also non edited footage it will be very sweet.
panos2408 is online now Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
I thought this footage was very nice because of that flag... It looks like 4x2 meter flag there, so constant wind speed of 10+ knots at the level of the flag is a very possible scenario on that flight. The Glyder 600 was flying in higher altitude so maybe more wind there. I was actually very relieved with such performance....

With some post stabilization since this is also non edited footage it will be very sweet.
That makes the two of us
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:50 PM
Espaņa, Cantabria, Miengo
Joined Jul 2007
125 Posts
have any of you used the hobbywing esc ?? I mean I have ordered the ARF version, and as it comes with these just wondering... have they enough refresh rate? I have been using flashed esc for a year.

Keep it up Fu !!
henrymoro is offline Find More Posts by henrymoro
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:55 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloreg View Post
it was a bit windy ,but it can not be an excuse, by setting more accurate gimbal value, you should be able to get better performance,I think the NAZA gimbal control value was not very accurate.
NAZA control parameter, like gains will affect the performance too.
so it may only take a few hours to get it fly, but may take days to get the best performance.
we actually have a much higher altitude footage.
which have better performance. will show it soon.
thanks
Fu
glassfox is online now Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Last edited by glassfox; Nov 05, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:55 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymoro View Post
have any of you used the hobbywing esc ?? I mean I have ordered the ARF version, and as it comes with these just wondering... have they enough refresh rate? I have been using flashed esc for a year.

Keep it up Fu !!
we used hobbywing ESC on all of our products, they are 400hz ESC, quite enough, high quality too.
thanks
Fu
glassfox is online now Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:25 AM
Espaņa, Cantabria, Miengo
Joined Jul 2007
125 Posts
Quote:
we used hobbywing ESC on all of our products, they are 400hz ESC, quite enough, high quality too.
thanks
Fu
Thank You Fu
henrymoro is offline Find More Posts by henrymoro
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:43 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Let's face it different wind speeds require different gain values... Now there are not many ways to control this nor many people who are willing to change their values every-time... An idea that would be very time consuming would be to optimize and record values in different wind speeds. Then you only need a small laptop and an anemometer to measure wind according to each occasion and use recorded values according your measurements.. Untill then no WKM or any other non automated PID flight control will enable you a perfect flight in different wind speeds...
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Jul 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Let's face it different wind speeds require different gain values... Now there are not many ways to control this nor many people who are willing to change their values every-time... An idea that would be very time consuming would be to optimize and record values in different wind speeds. Then you only need a small laptop and an anemometer to measure wind according to each occasion and use recorded values according your measurements.. Untill then no WKM or any other non automated PID flight control will enable you a perfect flight in different wind speeds...
That will be great.
But its a very hard task... i change my Naza gains, att, pitch, roll, yaw, vertical, but the real change is just a little, always hard to find the best.
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:59 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
the beauty of YS-X6 is that you can adjust the PID in real time through the GCS. With the WKM you can assign the gains to two knobs but the tuning is not as comprehensive as the YS. With that said, I've flown YS-X6 and WKM in different wind conditions and I dont feel like I need to change the gains at all.

Your comment is particularly true with the MK, I have my PID sets for moderate wind so if wind conditions change to very windy I wont risk flying it. Unfortunately with the MK we have to land the multi first then adjust the PID, if we do it while the MK is flying, the MK would flip.

The test videos are actually pretty good. What is needed is to set the expectations realistically. If we look for zenmuse quality footage, better to look elsewhere. But with this system, if we mount the copter with a camera equipped with the latest advanced stab technology then the result would be much better than the test footage. I'm interested to know how the gyro stabilization compare with the YS steadi quad, which uses an extra IMU.

One advantage that the glyder has over the YS is that the price of is pretty attractive and it allows for FC customization. I would imagine that there are many fliers out there looking for the "next step" solution having graduated from flying the MQX. The top end solution would be zenmuse and spreading wings but the cost of the system is just too much for many fliers. The steadicam quad YS-X6 would also be a nice choice for those who have deep pocket. At half of the price of the YS quad, glyder would attract the majority of fliers due to its attractive pricing. If fu is selling a ready to fly version minus radio, which requires minimum assembly, I wouldnt be surprised if that model would be popular. I've seen footages taken from ecilop's quad and the result is pretty good. So I'd expect the glyder would be able to produce similar results if not better.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Jun 2012
316 Posts
very nice analysis Fajar.
what do you guys think about using something like skyline rsgs gimbal stabilization? Would this help with anything?
gondoflier is offline Find More Posts by gondoflier
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:55 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
S800 is a good platform but lately i ve encountered many many videos of sudden flips luckily without any human injuries but some of them with total damage which doesn't come cheap.... DJI opinion on the matter was that they are not aware of any problems and if there are any obviously are very limited since there are hundreds of s800 models flying without any issues. To be honest even if here is 0.1% of chance this to happen it is a major probability and since they didn't even isolate the problem to WKM or S800 i would never go with either of these 2 products. So yes YS X6 propably is gonna be my next FC but till then it might be a museum like most of the previous revolutionary boards.

Another reason i chose Glyder 600 apart price which was much more attractive is it's ability against Ecilop or Steadi470 to accommodate wider range of cameras and the bottom camera square frame part could has some room to be easily redesigned so it can accommodate even bigger cameras given you ll fly with different prop and motor setups.

Now i ll just have to wait for the frame to arrive and confirm my beliefs...