glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:54 AM
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Dec 2004
23 Posts
wow!! glyder 600 just suit my project.
I plan to use a SONY NEX 5 with hdmi live output to take smooth video for BMW cars.
seems the glyder 600 is a perfect platform.
and price is good too.
I guess I have to click on "purchase" before they remove the preorder discount.
good work, foxtech!

BR,
Jack
x2001 is offline Find More Posts by x2001
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,124 Posts
Is the schedule for posting orders on the 20th still valid?
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:08 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
just got my glyder 600. It looks and feels good, thanks Fu. Will finish building in the next couple of days when I got more free time. I plan to use go pro hero 3 black for this rig.

Any settings to share with the naza gps, fu?
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,124 Posts
Fajar this is great news. Can't wait to see your results... Please warn us if anything tricky in the assembly...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:11 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
@Fajar, nice to know that you have yours
Do you have also the gyros and servos from the ARTF version, or do you plan to use some other items?
Happy building, and eager to see how it goes

Cheers
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:02 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
panos and milouze,

I got mine the pnp version minus the electronics so it's about 90% pre-assembled. Fu supplied me the frame minus electronics and motors. The main frame is completely assembled with gyro and servos. I still need to reattach the arms and landing gear as well as mount the motors and electronics.

One of the arms is a bit difficult to pass through the bracket as it is really tight fit. It got stuck so I may have to lube it a bit.

My suggestion is, if any of the component feels tight fit to pass through a bracket or hole etc. just switch it with the same identical component.

Overall, the finishing is pretty good, better than I had expected. CF and aluminum quality is pretty good. CF arms are a bit thicker than XA airframe kit but expectedly it still feels light.

I ordered some tiger motors to go with the frame, to my surprise these motors are now come with pre-installed bullet connectors. So that will save me some soldering time. I think I'll use original APC 10" SF props to go with the recommended 4S.

As for the FC, the easiest way for me is to use a spare Naza that I have in my tool box. I just need to move the gps antenna from my hexa.

This is a nice kit IMO. Just need to complete the assembly and run some test flights. My foreseeable problem so far is that the go pro 3 will be too light to be counterbalanced by the lipo.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,124 Posts
Thank you for the brief explanation of things up to now Fajar... You will have to add some extra weight i guess to accomodate the gopro hero 3. I was expecting that cameras such as will have this kind of problems so let's not hope that the rest f the cameras will reach GPH3 weight
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
panos and milouze,

I got mine the pnp version minus the electronics so it's about 90% pre-assembled. Fu supplied me the frame minus electronics and motors. The main frame is completely assembled with gyro and servos. I still need to reattach the arms and landing gear as well as mount the motors and electronics.

One of the arms is a bit difficult to pass through the bracket as it is really tight fit. It got stuck so I may have to lube it a bit.

My suggestion is, if any of the component feels tight fit to pass through a bracket or hole etc. just switch it with the same identical component.

Overall, the finishing is pretty good, better than I had expected. CF and aluminum quality is pretty good. CF arms are a bit thicker than XA airframe kit but expectedly it still feels light.

I ordered some tiger motors to go with the frame, to my surprise these motors are now come with pre-installed bullet connectors. So that will save me some soldering time. I think I'll use original APC 10" SF props to go with the recommended 4S.

As for the FC, the easiest way for me is to use a spare Naza that I have in my tool box. I just need to move the gps antenna from my hexa.

This is a nice kit IMO. Just need to complete the assembly and run some test flights. My foreseeable problem so far is that the go pro 3 will be too light to be counterbalanced by the lipo.
I attached a photo here about how to install the CF tubes in to the braket.
you can find a piece of metal, install the screw from the other side of the braket,
the basically the screw will open the bracket that makes the installation of CF tube really easily.
thanks
Fu
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:01 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,719 Posts
when the cam is too light.
like our horyzonhd (less than 40G)
you can attach the battery on the frame,
and find a light counter weight for camera.
in this case ,motors on one side may rotate faster ,but surely they can handle it.
thanks
Fu
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,124 Posts
Yes Macgyver is back hahaha
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:42 AM
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Dec 2004
23 Posts
Fajar,
wish to see your assembling procedures.
while waiting for mine
x2001 is offline Find More Posts by x2001
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:49 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2001 View Post
Fajar,
wish to see your assembling procedures.
while waiting for mine
You can download the beta manual here.

Since mine came about 90% pre-assembled, I've been skipping pages of assembly instructions.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:29 AM
AKA 3DJIM
Bournemouth Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2004
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
Yes Macgyver is back hahaha
Haha Fu Macgyver , was a good Idea tho eh! Can't wait to get mine, will try it with Sony CX730e which is prob the biggest cam for the glyder and a gopro 3 black I have on order

Jim.
Tetley is offline Find More Posts by Tetley
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
102 Posts
Fu , any news about my order ?
s6100021 is offline Find More Posts by s6100021