Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:28 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
The HK forums have been less than fruitful.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:29 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
You are talking to customer support for HobbyKing, not technical support for Turnigy. You are not talking to the people who designed the motor. You are talking to one very very small cog in the huge machine, and that cog can't simply call up the designer of the motor and find out.
OK, then, please tell me where to find technical support for turnigy?

The sole outlet for Turnigy is HK, no? Therefore, they are the responsible party.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:37 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
OK, then, please tell me where to find technical support for turnigy?

The sole outlet for Turnigy is HK, no? Therefore, they are the responsible party.
That motor is obsolete right? So simply strip it and measure them.

P.s. Ring Horizon and ask them for the dimensions of a Spektrum Dx7's gimbal bearings......
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:16 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Obsolescence really has nothing to do with it- they can't do it for current product.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:54 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
Obsolescence really has nothing to do with it- they can't do it for current product.
Dave,

try the same thing with:

hobbypartz
nitroplanes
bananahobby
advantage hobby

I've tried with each above and none has ever been able to give me dimensions on items- Even as simple as what size is the spinner on this plane.

I haven't tried with hobby-lobby...maybe they would come through...who knows.

Again, if you want superb service where you get dimensions, sizes, colors, feeling of how hard, soft,...your LHS is your best friend. Do not by online. The online shops are not for you.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:00 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
I did not buy this motor, I bought a used plane that had this motor.

I have no problem buying many things online- from responsible vendors that have information regarding their own in-house brands. Unfortunately I cannot regard HK as a responsible vendor for their in-house products. Items manufactured by others, I have no problem buying from them.

And I am certainly not looking for superb service- I am looking for only the barest minimum expected from any purveyor of their own product.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:05 PM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
PFFFFTTTTT..........Ring Ford and ask them for the dimensions of any current model vehicles accessory belt tensioner pulley bearing........

You expect too much champ, manufacturers don't pass on that information to the end user - Nor do they have to!
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
PFFFFTTTTT..........Ring Ford and ask them for the dimensions of any current model vehicles accessory belt tensioner pulley bearing........

You expect too much champ, manufacturers don't pass on that information to the end user - Nor do they have to!
I only need the dimensions because HK won't even let me order the parts... I can go to ford and order the accessory belt tensioner pulley, now can't I?


BTW my subaru uses the NAPA 6203-2RSJ bearing in the pulleys...
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
I did not buy this motor, I bought a used plane that had this motor.

I have no problem buying many things online- from responsible vendors that have information regarding their own in-house brands. Unfortunately I cannot regard HK as a responsible vendor for their in-house products. Items manufactured by others, I have no problem buying from them.

And I am certainly not looking for superb service- I am looking for only the barest minimum expected from any purveyor of their own product.
Really, you should of avoided that item...since it was from a non reputable person. A reputable person/'vendor should of had that info for you. Anyhow, the only advice I can give you is avoid all online shops that do not have superb service (about 90% of rc vendors), avoid all items that do not come from reputable vendors (about 90%). Never buy used or outdated items...you won't find much on these. In a nutshell, only buy the most expensive and prestige items from LHS or very high end vendors that cater to CS. You will no doubt be very happy.

Anyways, I think you get my point. Just avoid any vendor(s) that you don't think will make you happy and avoid the headaches. In other words, don't buy cheap and expect "red carpet".
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Nov 05, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:42 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Really, you should of avoided that item...since it was from a non reputable person. A reputable person/'vendor should of had that info for you. Anyhow, the only advice I can give you is avoid all online shops that do not have superb service (about 90% of rc vendors), avoid all items that do not come from reputable vendors (about 90%). Never buy used or outdated items...you won't find much on these. In a nutshell, only buy the most expensive and prestige items from LHS or very high end vendors that cater to CS. You will no doubt be very happy.
Perhaps you should leave this discussion, you do not seem capable of rational discussion.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:46 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
Perhaps you should leave this discussion, you do not seem capable of rational discussion.
what isn't rational? I'm making perfect sense. If you aren't happy with a vendor(s), don't buy from them. If you want the cs service, go to one that will supply it and pay for it. like...your LHS, or those premium vendors...

that is as rational as it gets. You on the other hand want to buy cheap and expect service....that is irrational.

Seriously, people just don't get this simple concept. But cheap, get cheap/buy expensive, get expensive stuff...it's really a simple concept.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:52 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Huh- I state I expect a bare modicum of information (and familiarity with the products) to be available from the sole vendor of a product, and you state I should only buy from the most expensive vendors and purchase only prestige products- yeah, you're completely lucid.

I think you are doing a great job informing people why they should not buy HKs in-house brands.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:32 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post

I think you are doing a great job informing people why they should not buy HKs in-house brands.
I think you're starting to understand...woooohoooo - if you need the service and want the awesome "red carpet" CS support, don't buy from vendors that stress and depend on cheap prices and high quantity sales to survive...
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,641 Posts
These folks sell Turnigy motors and also motor parts. Perhaps they can help. http://www.3dxhobbies.com/motor-parts/
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Razor_Racer's Avatar
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
I did not buy this motor, I bought a used plane that had this motor.

I have no problem buying many things online- from responsible vendors that have information regarding their own in-house brands. Unfortunately I cannot regard HK as a responsible vendor for their in-house products. Items manufactured by others, I have no problem buying from them.

And I am certainly not looking for superb service- I am looking for only the barest minimum expected from any purveyor of their own product.
This is just getting stupid.

1) Everything HobbyKing sells is on their web site
2) So, if I look on the HobbyKing web site, maybe I can find, myself, the product I am looking for

Let's go to the motor parts page, and start the tedious search through the four pages of parts.

There is only one thing thing close to what we are looking for, but in the discussion section someone asked if it fit standard SK motors and someone replied it didn't.

At this point, I know the prop adapter I need is no more longer sold. This is reasonable, because they no longer sell the motor. Case closed.

I don't understand why you expected customer service to find the product when they don't sell it anymore.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant Hobby king is NO customer service KING Easyrydr HobbyKing 7 Dec 11, 2012 12:05 AM
Discussion Hobby King's lack of customer service Joe 1320 HobbyKing 18 Jun 08, 2012 02:58 PM
Alert Hobby King NANO TECH and their terrible customer service. tascheri HobbyKing 9 May 30, 2012 07:45 AM
Rant Hobby King Customer service. Easyrydr HobbyKing 15 Apr 15, 2012 03:26 AM
Discussion Hobby King Customer Service dazed&confuzed Hobby Stores 1 Mar 25, 2012 09:48 PM