HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
Plus Program Discussion

So, I guess us poor folk on a fixed income are just out of luck while Awagar holds "us peasants" hostage...hhmm
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Stop.Think.Write.Stop.Read.Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
So, I guess us poor folk on a fixed income are just out of luck while Awagar holds "us peasants" hostage...hhmm
It's amazing how many people are so quick to jump up and fail to realize what the program is, how it came about, and how people became plus members. Even after having it clearly detailed, it just looks like it's easier to complain, and of course throw in the class warfare comments.

If you were not nominated, what can ya say, appears your peers didn't feel it was warranted. You had your chance for how many years to contribute for a different level of membership?

And I'm sorry, I don't buy for a second that someone in this hobby cannot part with $20.00, fixed income or not. This site has been free forever right? At any point while you were a member did you feel like it was worth $20.00? If not, please don't complain that others did, and then got increased functionality.

Was this a necessity on that fixed income?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1702326
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:03 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
...
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Last edited by Kenny Sharp; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:52 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Congratulations on having the dart that was thrown by Terry, hit your name.
That's quite an accomplishment.

And thanks go to Terry for starting this program ... what a brilliant idea.
Bitterness and sour grapes after 7 years and over 8000 posts? Not sure why you have to rain on another member's parade, he didn't deserve the snark. If you wanted to continue the whine on the Plus program you could have done it with your own thread.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:21 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
...
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Last edited by Kenny Sharp; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:10 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Why not state my opinion...it was called for.

Given that plus members can simply buy into it, there doesn't seem like much to be proud of.... and there seems like there is more to be ashamed about.

The congratulations that I gave, was well deserved.


With as much time as you have on here, one would think you could have taken the time to read up on the Plus program to fully understand what it was all about, and how people were selected. Instead, you left a snarky comment about Park Aviator and how he won the award, and then took a shot at the program too. It's completely disingenuous to claim you're doing anything else.

Your opinion on the program could be shared in other threads, rather than the one highlighting a fellow members accomplishments, regardless of how valid you feel they are. It's bad form man, clearly.

The commentary on who should feel shame is so erroneous and misdirected it's pretty telling really. How could anyone feel shame for supporting a website, or being nominated for their contributions?

Are those guys at the other site getting you all riled up? You usually have good posts here.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:23 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
You are entitled to your opinion regarding my posts.

Also, I am quite aware of what constitutes a plus member... and because it can be paid for, I see no reason to glorify members.

My comment about throwing a dart to pick a monthly winner, is well founded... since the criteria seem ambiguous at best.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:46 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

Was this a necessity on that fixed income?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1702326
What!?!?! Are you the thread Gestapo? Are you checking on everyone's posts? That is sick man. I own a Champ already. I bid on that to put it back together for a young man who has LESS than I. As you can see from my post it didn't come with a box/carry case. Before you go nipping at anyone's heals like a junk yard dog get your facts straight.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I went half on that Champ I now own. Imagine that! An $89.00 model.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Aug 09, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:26 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
All "paid" members (bronze, silver, etc) were given Plus Beta membership at the start of the trial, as a replacement. I was a bronze member before Plus.

Also, Awagar occasionally asks for suggestions for more users to be included into the program.

That's it, no conspiracy or class warfare, just a simple change in the program and improved features for those that had already plunked down some bucks for more PM or upload space, as well as some recognition for those that are a positive influence on the site.
Here lies the contradiction... Memberships apply for those with a positive contribution and for those who put down 20 bucks.

Hmm. Positive contribution...
That is an oxymoron.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,010 Posts
I am trying really hard not to get sucked into this argument. Kenny is making some valid points. However, I don't like the way they are being made.

Kenny I would suggest writing to admins privately rather than dragging all the folks who can do nothing about it into a no-win argument.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Still incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
You are entitled to your opinion regarding my posts.

Also, I am quite aware of what constitutes a plus member... and because it can be paid for, I see no reason to glorify members.

My comment about throwing a dart to pick a monthly winner, is well founded... since the criteria seem ambiguous at best.
Can you provide a link to where a member can go and pay to become a Plus member?

You seem to be intentionally or willfully ignoring the fact that members were nominated to the Plus ranks, and seem to be fixated on the payment issue.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:57 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
StarHopper44's Avatar
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
What!?!?! Are you the thread Gestapo? Are you checking on everyone's posts? That is sick man. ...
This. A LOT!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Here lies the contradiction... Memberships apply for those with a positive contribution and for those who put down 20 bucks.

Hmm. Positive contribution...
That is an oxymoron.
Nothwithstanding the word games, there is no contradiction, just lack of understanding. Membership applied for those with a positive contribution OR for those that put down 20 or more dollars. It was either OR. In some cases i'm sure it was both (The Don).

Should any member feel shame for contributing not only their time and intellectual information to this site, and then paying a fee in the past to help support the site? They didn't do it because they wanted a status symbol. They did it to share with others, and also for increased functionaloty. Nobody knew the Plus program was coming, it just came.

That you would indicate someone should feel shame is preposteruous.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:06 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I am trying really hard not to get sucked into this argument. Kenny is making some valid points. However, I don't like the way they are being made.

Kenny I would suggest writing to admins privately rather than dragging all the folks who can do nothing about it into a no-win argument.
I apologize if my comments seem curt... I am trying to be non emotional and also, honest with my posts.

Further, I would not be posting here if the link wasn't at the front of the page for the entire membership to see and comment on.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:14 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Can you provide a link to where a member can go and pay to become a Plus member?

You seem to be intentionally or willfully ignoring the fact that members were nominated to the Plus ranks, and seem to be fixated on the payment issue.
You yourself have said members become plus members after contributing money to the site.

I also know that this is true.

Apparently, with regards to the second part of your above post, it makes a difference in your argument.
It makes a difference to me too, as it diminishes the honor of being a member.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Jeti Advance 08 plus w/programming card. NIP hot4teach Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 May 26, 2012 11:59 PM
Sold Jeti Advance 77 Opto plus with Programming Card Cash Traylor Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Apr 17, 2012 11:29 AM
Sold Helicommand 3D plus Programming Kit kruiser7 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Apr 17, 2012 09:26 AM
Found WANT Jeti Advance plus Prog-Card ESC program P.M.S Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Mar 18, 2012 09:51 AM
Jeti Advance PLUS 8 with PROGRAM CARD vs Jeti Advance PLUS 8 Amp Brushless Controller motoadve Electric Plane Talk 3 May 02, 2005 01:04 PM