SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:13 AM
Seahawk Scale
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
Tail build problems with 700 size Jet Bell Ranger

After building a 600 size blackhawk and 450 Hughes 500 Im adding to the fleet a 700 size Jet Bell Ranger with 600 mechanics. Heres the problem or perhaps I just think its a problem. As indicated by the photos I have raised the mechanics 1/2” and with the tail taped in placemy boom rest on the bottom of the tail fuselage at the tail gear exit. I have played with different heights and still it comes down to the angle not being correct with the boom. I realize I could shimy the rear of the mechanics and that would solve the problem but Im left with a forward leaning main rotor. Im particular about the boom being off the tail and not touching so as to not put undo pressure once the tail gear is put on. That would put stress on the screws holding the tail on which brings me to my next problem. As indicated where the tail is installed to the main fuselage note the “rib” addition inside exactly where I need to place the screws. Scratching my head on this one as to why anyone would do this. I suppose I could dremel it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
600seahawk is offline Find More Posts by 600seahawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
885 Posts
#1 How is the boom look on the other side?
#2 can't you just predirll for your screw this way you can drill the part of the rib only that you need ?
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Oct 2006
32 Posts
If you look at a full-scale Jet-Ranger...The mast does tilt forward a bit.
geffen928 is offline Find More Posts by geffen928
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600seahawk View Post
After building a 600 size blackhawk and 450 Hughes 500 Im adding to the fleet a 700 size Jet Bell Ranger with 600 mechanics. Heres the problem or perhaps I just think its a problem. As indicated by the photos I have raised the mechanics 1/2” and with the tail taped in placemy boom rest on the bottom of the tail fuselage at the tail gear exit. I have played with different heights and still it comes down to the angle not being correct with the boom. I realize I could shimy the rear of the mechanics and that would solve the problem but Im left with a forward leaning main rotor. Im particular about the boom being off the tail and not touching so as to not put undo pressure once the tail gear is put on. That would put stress on the screws holding the tail on which brings me to my next problem. As indicated where the tail is installed to the main fuselage note the “rib” addition inside exactly where I need to place the screws. Scratching my head on this one as to why anyone would do this. I suppose I could dremel it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
Manipulate and adapt, Raise the mechanics up front and rear, then level it where you want the tail boom and tail rotor to be. You should be able to do this with 600 mechanics in a 700 fuse without too much angle on the main shaft.....
treotraveler is offline Find More Posts by treotraveler