HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
699 Posts
Discussion
Possible new flying sight on the Gold Coast Hinterland around Canungra

I am currently looking at various options to be able to get permission to start flying on some land that is near my home/ work..
What I am initially seeking would be a rough numbers that would be keen to start another club of like minded members. Currently my intend is only to allow electric fixed and rotary wing of any size and power source.

The area is big enough with 500m along the future runway either side and about 200 meters in front of the pits before trees are identified.
The area used to be a gazetted emergency airstrip but has not been used and is now adjacent to the Canungra Golf Course.

I intend to seek further guidance over the next months but just gauging the numbers currently.
I know the members who fly down Pacific Pines are limited to the size and noise emitted from their planes and I hope such restrictions would not be enforced due to the location etc.

If anyone is after more details let me know but as I have mentioned just looking at possible numbers that are keen to use the area if a flying spot can be organised.

Cheers Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:47 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
699 Posts
Well that was a big show of support for another possible club. Considering I know guys fly around Canungra why not put your hands up as this is a good opportunity. So far I would have three names but need even more to form a club.

O'well might have to keep this spot all to myself.

Shane
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Oct 2011
74 Posts
canungra flying

Shane

I think you could count on the 15 or so regulars from you know where as being interested. I understand the Coomera Electric Club is well down the road on a site....if insurance was a requirement of the "landlord" at your site, that might be a possibility to link in with them.

Shaun B (cubman)
wesmantooth is offline Find More Posts by wesmantooth
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:05 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
699 Posts
Well a few more days away and I will be home again to go back and do some more flying. Might even have to do some flying during work hours.
Will hopefully get some more details and by the start of next year we might have some news on the flying site.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Nov 2012
342 Posts
Hi mate, any more news on this. I'm getting into edf jets and would like somewhere to fly with a decent runway.
Taman is offline Find More Posts by Taman
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:38 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
699 Posts
Still nothing at the moment.
Back at work so this has taken a back seat for the time been. Time to pull the fingers out again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:54 PM
CunningStuntsFPV
Australia, WA, Dirk Hartog Island
Joined Dec 2012
636 Posts
Have you got in touch with the other guys out there?...Gold Coast Heli Club i believe. They are 5km up the road to O'Reilleys. They fly Fri morn and Sundays. They could give advice on what you're trying to do as far as getting paperwork sorted. The old field at Numinbah is now home to the plank fliers. The heli guys have a thread here,
http://www.archeli.com.au/forums/sho...d.php?t=131818
if you want to get in touch. Cheers Glenn.
PS....i fly with a group of guys out of "the hinterland" as well. We have a group that get together as much as the weather allows. We have some excellent sites, but always keen for more, so you can add me to your PM list when you get this sorted and we can get together.....We are all FPV junkies...multis and planks.
figgoat is offline Find More Posts by figgoat
Last edited by figgoat; Mar 03, 2013 at 11:01 PM.