HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RHTizzy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:15 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Discussion
GoodLuckBuy ridiculous shipping time

I have placed plenty of orders and I've never had much hassles with GLB in the past (other than double the RCTimer.com shipping times).

Anyway, so I now placed a large (>$150) order on 28 sept. The website got updated almost immediately stating it had been shipped but there was no tracking nr. on the website so I didnt expect it was shipped. I did receive an email acknowledging the order.

Two weeks later, still no number so 11 october I sent an email on asking about the missing tracking nr.

Same day I receive an email saying they had just returned from the Chinese holiday (6day holiday which ended 6 october btw) but that an item was out of stock

12 october I received an email saying it had been shipped, two tracking nrs were included. (??)

17 october the tracking site states the order has arrived and is now being processed for shipping. Has not yet left the country....

It seems GoodLuckBuy time is of a different dimension to the rest of the planet?
RHTizzy is online now Find More Posts by RHTizzy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:33 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
So , are you angry for that .
Maggie.Y is offline Find More Posts by Maggie.Y
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
To be honest, yes. I feel that placing the order on the 28th gave plenty of time before the holiday started. And after the holiday finished, it didn't arrive at the post office until 5 days after I received confirmation from GLB it had been shipped. It had not even left the country yet. When I order from RcTimer it typically takes 14 days to arrive at my door. Now after 19 days it has not even left china. For such a large order it could even be a matter of service to provide gratuitous expedited shipping.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Year, It's a long time . I'll crazy if I encounter this case.
So ,you have not received that ? who's caused it? RC Timer or shipping company?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
If it broke, i probably did it
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2012
53 Posts
Tizzy,

Im in the exact same boat. On a side note though, I bought my item from gadgetinfinite on ebay. I received an email shortly there after from GLB (Cathy Lee to be exact). She has emailed me again telling me that my stuff should arrive on the 17th but according to USPS, my stuff is still sitting in China. Im gonna give them until the end of the month before I give them a negative review on Ebay (that usually stirs the pot).

Very disappointed,
Dietr
Dietr777 is offline Find More Posts by Dietr777
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
53 Posts
Maggie Y,

According to USPS site my stuff is sitting in Shenzhen. Can you go pick it up and ship it for me??

Dietr
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietr777 View Post
Maggie Y,

According to USPS site my stuff is sitting in Shenzhen. Can you go pick it up and ship it for me??

Dietr
Hi Dietr , you knew I'm in Shenzhen now .
Are you seriously ? but how I can help you , I mean how can I go pick it up and then ship it ? called shipping company to check
bill numbers or others ?

Maggie
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Jul 2012
53 Posts
Maggie,

I have been watching the tracking number since it shipped and it has been sitting at the US post office warehouse in Shenzhen since the 11th. I was joking about you picking it up for me.. If you are close to any of these rc shops you could probably make a lot of money as a shipper. We order it, you pick it up, you ship it and we pay you shipping and transportation fees. It would probably go faster then the way these guys ship things..

Dietr
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietr777 View Post
Maggie,

I have been watching the tracking number since it shipped and it has been sitting at the US post office warehouse in Shenzhen since the 11th. I was joking about you picking it up for me.. If you are close to any of these rc shops you could probably make a lot of money as a shipper. We order it, you pick it up, you ship it and we pay you shipping and transportation fees. It would probably go faster then the way these guys ship things..

Dietr
Yean, I'd love to If it's real . and I must be through DHL to delivery to you , only 3~4days . Besides ,I work for a RC motor factory . Nice to talk to you ! Dietr .
Maggie
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie.Y View Post
Year, It's a long time . I'll crazy if I encounter this case.
So ,you have not received that ? who's caused it? RC Timer or shipping company?
RCTimer has nothing to do with this matter, they always provide speedy shipping. The problem is GoodLuckBuy.
According to the tracking info, my order didn't arrive at the shipping company until 19days after I placed the order. So the delay seemingly has absolutely nothing to do with shipping. It took almost 3 weeks for GLB to get ny order out. That is a very poor performance and I'll very likely never order from them again. There are just too many other competitors out there who provide better service at basically the same cost if not better (such as RCTimer).
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
So part of my order arrived today. Yes, only part of it, just under half of it if you look at the cost. I immediately sent GoodLuckBuy a (polite) email stating half of my order was missing but did not receive a reply. In fact we're almost a day on now and they have not replied at all. I even included pictures of the package so they could verify the weight and dimensions. I ordered 4 frames and received 1. That is a major difference in weight and dimensions from what I received and there is no denying they really m(F)ucked up.

The no-reply is also strange because the day before yesterday, I had received an email that my package should have been delivered and if not to contact them concerning the whereabouts. I immediately replied I had not and within a few minutes received a reply from them which started with 'Sorry for the late reply'...

????? So on non-consequential unimportant mails, they reply within seconds and then apologize for being late, but when communication is important they don't reply at all??????
Last edited by RHTizzy; Oct 28, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Just received n email asking me to list what was missing and the part numbers. I had listed the missing parts already and it was part of the mailtrail included in the reply! Lazy (f)uckers! But right after that another mail arrives saying there should be two packages and a new tracking number was produced.

W T F is wrong with these guys, nobody thought to mention that beforehand??
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:03 PM
Australia, NSW, Marsfield
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
youre dealing with people who have English as a second (or third!) language.
lots of stuff being delayed by the Chinese govt... a package to me that was sent from the same area in China (different seller) has been opened and inspected at least three times by their officials, and is still sitting on the ground six weeks later.

GLB/GadgetInfinite aren't the only ones getting delayed, seems anything travelling by CHinaPost is getting the run-around.
rcroadtrain is offline Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Okay, thanks for the moral support. I'm not sure whether the 'Ch.Gvt' context is correct in this instance tho as 1) it took 19 days for my order to register on the shipping site as a new arrival and furthermore, 2) the shipment was split in two without any communication on the fact. Now perhaps it was the gvt who split it up and perhaps they hold the post office back from entering their registration data of new arrivals and perhaps Romney would be a better president, but I have my doubts...
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
youre dealing with people who have English as a second (or third!) language.
lots of stuff being delayed by the Chinese govt... a package to me that was sent from the same area in China (different seller) has been opened and inspected at least three times by their officials, and is still sitting on the ground six weeks later.

GLB/GadgetInfinite aren't the only ones getting delayed, seems anything travelling by CHinaPost is getting the run-around.
Actually, China Post always slowly , inconvenient sometimes. Whether in China or abroad. So I suggest friends choose others express if you're in a hurry !
But I have to say CinaPost have a more business-wide , even some remote place !
Last edited by Maggie.Y; Nov 06, 2012 at 08:07 PM.