HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:02 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,552 Posts
Looks like I have a weekend project coming up! Woohoo!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Looks like I have a weekend project coming up! Woohoo!
Mine arrived too and I must say it looks just as good in person as on the website. It appears to be very solid, strong, yet not too heavy. I think aquacopters may have a hit. Can't wait to see how the build goes.
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2012
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
Sorry I haven't been back in a few days, I have yet to take a breather. But I know you guys can care less less, you just want your frames... lol. I hope you can believe me when I say, this is my number one priority right now. We had a snag that held us back and delayed shipments since frames had to be rebuilt to what I thought was correct. Now that we are starting to catch up, hopefully next week we can start moving forward with more new and exciting requests. This includes the clear frames.

First, Vantasstic and Shultz, your guys' frames are going out TODAY. Others that have inquired, I am getting to your emails. There have been a ton of inquiries about builds, FPV, different designs, RTF's, and obviously the clear frames.

So here is the order of what to expect...
  • ship frames
  • quick and SIMPLE build video within the next day or two
  • get the clear frames online
  • more flight videos (heavy rain expected in the next couple days)
  • launch contest giveaway (hopefully we can all benefit from this), more info to come

So for the clear frames... polycarbonate is a pain in the ass to work with. It is extremely durable as shown in the videos posted earlier, but there are a couple downfalls. First it is Hygroscopic (relating to a compound that easily absorbs moisture from the atmosphere). Second, when glued the polycarb material turns milky white which is not the prettiest thing, but you can't really tell unless you are within 10 feet. Last, the manufacturing process takes about twice as long.

So with that, we have decided to try a different plastic. So far it has been great. The glue joints are not as milky, it is not hygroscopic, and we have gotten the inside texture a tad bit foggy so LED's will better diffuse inside the frames.

One last thing, I am shipping a couple extras with the frames for the time being, they are:
  • black and white foam gaskets
  • gasket template (so you can make your own)
  • foam gaskets/vibration damper for motors

I think that is it for now, thank you again for your patience. If you have any direct questions please use the contact form on the website. I will post updates for videos and other stuff on here as soon as I can and also through youtube, so subscribe to www.youtube.com/aquacopters to get notified.
great for those guys, buts its been over 2 weeks for my order as well. wondering when your update and send to the rest of us. my order still says processing, 2 and half weeks ago.
markymarkz is online now Find More Posts by markymarkz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:22 PM
Mmmmmmm!
WiseDuck's Avatar
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,294 Posts
Awww maaan, mine hasn't been shipped yet and I swear I was one of the first to order one too. Or at least that's what it felt like. Ah well! This'll give me time to stock up on suitable hardware for it, I don't have any good motors and ESCs for it right now.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:32 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2012
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Awww maaan, mine hasn't been shipped yet and I swear I was one of the first to order one too. Or at least that's what it felt like. Ah well! This'll give me time to stock up on suitable hardware for it, I don't have any good motors and ESCs for it right now.
well seemed like the guys who PM him from here were only updated with shipped. my order was done when it was announced as well, bummer
markymarkz is online now Find More Posts by markymarkz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarkz View Post
well seemed like the guys who PM him from here were only updated with shipped. my order was done when it was announced as well, bummer
Message me the name and order number it is under and I will look it up real quick.

Also the order processing is done through PayPal, not the website... too much of a pain. When you get an email notification of shipment, that means your package is boxed up and shipping label printed. At that point it is awaiting pickup from the postman.
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:50 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Looks like I have a weekend project coming up! Woohoo!
Looks good. Shultz and I are hoping ours 'land' for this weekend. I can't wait to start putting it together. As for painting...I'll just colored props for now...can't wait for the paint to dry!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:55 PM
Mmmmmmm!
WiseDuck's Avatar
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,294 Posts
Question, to keep water out, can't we simply use thread tape on the motor mount screws instead of silicone? Now, I'll buy silicone so I can use it on every hole if I want to. Just thought I'd ask.

WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:05 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,726 Posts
What is the current status? Do you have enough frames to post or is there a delay in orders being posted due to a shortage of frames available?. If we are waiting for frames to be made because of the unexpected demand please just do us the common courtesy of letting us know, Im sure most wont mind delays if they know why and have an approximate expected ETA.

Communication is key to building a good reputation, too many multi companies blow it by not communicating sufficiently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
Message me the name and order number it is under and I will look it up real quick.

Also the order processing is done through PayPal, not the website... too much of a pain. When you get an email notification of shipment, that means your package is boxed up and shipping label printed. At that point it is awaiting pickup from the postman.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
741 Posts
What size motors is everyone planning to use with this frame?
epyonxero is online now Find More Posts by epyonxero
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
What is the current status? Do you have enough frames to post or is there a delay in orders being posted due to a shortage of frames available?. If we are waiting for frames to be made because of the unexpected demand please just do us the common courtesy of letting us know, Im sure most wont mind delays if they know why and have an approximate expected ETA.

Communication is key to building a good reputation, too many multi companies blow it by not communicating sufficiently.
It is mentioned earlier in the thread, but I will sum it up. There was an issue with the nuts that were being used, and scraped the inventory on hand because I wasn't going to send out what I believed was a sub-par product. The issue came about after orders were made. Short of us taking the time to send single emails out to everyone, we posted the information where we could and updated the website to reflect the time delay. We just about shut down all future orders, but decided not to because people still wanted to order the frames and didn't mind waiting especially since they were on sale.

I hope this helps to understand what happened, and we are doing our best. This is the primary reason we are not releasing the clear frames at this time. Thanks
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Question, to keep water out, can't we simply use thread tape on the motor mount screws instead of silicone? Now, I'll buy silicone so I can use it on every hole if I want to. Just thought I'd ask.

Should work just fine, but it might be hard to apply on the small screws.
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
Mmmmmmm!
WiseDuck's Avatar
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,294 Posts
True that. Silicone is probably a safer bet then.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:42 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,726 Posts
Thanks but you still have not indicated any approximate expected eta or delivery time.

I have seen the explanation of the issue with the nuts etc and appreciate the integrity in looking to solve that issue.

All i am asking for and others is a rough timeframe.

Some of us were unaware of this thread and heard absolutely nothing from you.

So, to be clear, can you give us any sort of rough timeframe as to when you hope to ship?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
It is mentioned earlier in the thread, but I will sum it up. There was an issue with the nuts that were being used, and scraped the inventory on hand because I wasn't going to send out what I believed was a sub-par product. The issue came about after orders were made. Short of us taking the time to send single emails out to everyone, we posted the information where we could and updated the website to reflect the time delay. We just about shut down all future orders, but decided not to because people still wanted to order the frames and didn't mind waiting especially since they were on sale.

I hope this helps to understand what happened, and we are doing our best. This is the primary reason we are not releasing the clear frames at this time. Thanks
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Thanks but you still have not indicated any approximate expected eta or delivery time.

I have seen the explanation of the issue with the nuts etc and appreciate the integrity in looking to solve that issue.

All i am asking for and others is a rough timeframe.

Some of us were unaware of this thread and heard absolutely nothing from you.

So, to be clear, can you give us any sort of rough timeframe as to when you hope to ship?.
Right now, the eta from order to shipment is roughly 7-10 business days. We do our best to keep that updated on the website
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Anyone Seen These Before? Bought from Trendtimes.com? scas Dock Talk 2 Jun 14, 2012 09:13 PM
Discussion Anyone seen this before??? F27QFlyer Parkflyers 10 May 11, 2012 03:21 PM
Discussion Anyone seen this before??? F27QFlyer Hot Online Deals 7 Apr 25, 2012 02:43 PM
Discussion never seen these before (pic) Excogitate Electric Plane Talk 6 Apr 03, 2012 02:59 AM