uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
Too bad there is only one video and its obviously biased

Also no info on how to get the components inside and battery etc

Wait and see I guess
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Last edited by saabguyspg; Oct 29, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
976 Posts
Well I have lots of vids to do over a Big lake here in Georgia. Would like the clear to allow inspecting for leaks. Ready to order guys... get the buy button up!!
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:23 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Electronic Shipping Info Received

Not in transit yet, but at least it's something!
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
Assault the sky
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2004
152 Posts
Do you guys have plans to make any other configurations? I'd LOVE to see a waterproof spider-quad (so that a GoPro could be mounted without having props in view).

Also it's unfortunate that the clear one can't be ordered with the halloween pricing special!
secretspy711 is offline Find More Posts by secretspy711
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretspy711 View Post
Do you guys have plans to make any other configurations? I'd LOVE to see a waterproof spider-quad (so that a GoPro could be mounted without having props in view).

Also it's unfortunate that the clear one can't be ordered with the halloween pricing special!
Waterproof spider-quad would be my wishing list too...
Please think about it seriously...
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:42 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoyoken View Post
Waterproof spider-quad would be my wishing list too...
Please think about it seriously...
That would be interesting for fpv ... an external mount for the gopro in its housing, and a viewing window beside for the fpv camera inside the sealed frame.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
My country not available in the option of your country list...How can I order?
Or I need to ask my US friend to get one for me...
However, they are living in NYC and fighting with super storm, unable to contact him for this whole day, hope they are safe...
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Well I don't need to rent scuba gear...I own my own set...though haven't used it in many, many, many years. There's just not many diving opportunities in the desert.

I do hope to start seeing delivery notices/receipts soon. When mine was ordered (combined order with Shultz) they were showing 3 in stock so we were expecting quick shipping. No word other than some product/quality updates they needed to do first. I'm glad to hear they're trying to put out a good product...now to just get it in the hands of use consumers...
Sorry I haven't been back in a few days, I have yet to take a breather. But I know you guys can care less less, you just want your frames... lol. I hope you can believe me when I say, this is my number one priority right now. We had a snag that held us back and delayed shipments since frames had to be rebuilt to what I thought was correct. Now that we are starting to catch up, hopefully next week we can start moving forward with more new and exciting requests. This includes the clear frames.

First, Vantasstic and Shultz, your guys' frames are going out TODAY. Others that have inquired, I am getting to your emails. There have been a ton of inquiries about builds, FPV, different designs, RTF's, and obviously the clear frames.

So here is the order of what to expect...
  • ship frames
  • quick and SIMPLE build video within the next day or two
  • get the clear frames online
  • more flight videos (heavy rain expected in the next couple days)
  • launch contest giveaway (hopefully we can all benefit from this), more info to come

So for the clear frames... polycarbonate is a pain in the ass to work with. It is extremely durable as shown in the videos posted earlier, but there are a couple downfalls. First it is Hygroscopic (relating to a compound that easily absorbs moisture from the atmosphere). Second, when glued the polycarb material turns milky white which is not the prettiest thing, but you can't really tell unless you are within 10 feet. Last, the manufacturing process takes about twice as long.

So with that, we have decided to try a different plastic. So far it has been great. The glue joints are not as milky, it is not hygroscopic, and we have gotten the inside texture a tad bit foggy so LED's will better diffuse inside the frames.

One last thing, I am shipping a couple extras with the frames for the time being, they are:
  • black and white foam gaskets
  • gasket template (so you can make your own)
  • foam gaskets/vibration damper for motors

I think that is it for now, thank you again for your patience. If you have any direct questions please use the contact form on the website. I will post updates for videos and other stuff on here as soon as I can and also through youtube, so subscribe to www.youtube.com/aquacopters to get notified.
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
First, Vantasstic and Shultz, your guys' frames are going out TODAY.

OUTSTANDING!!! Really looking forward to getting this built up and flying. Now, I just need to figured out what colors I'm going to paint it... I have all the parts on hand so getting it flight ready won't take much... once paint is done.

Thanks for the update and your hard work!!!

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Excellent design guys, the Kydex is a great choice of material, same laminated plastic used in airplane interiors.
Would really like to see some photos of your manufacturing process, especially your vacuum forming setup.
I built a small one for Kydex UAV fuselages and things.
I'll be ordering one of your frames soon but would at least like to see a parts list for your ARF ones.
grmccray is offline Find More Posts by grmccray
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,201 Posts
Thanks for the updates on the Aquacopters. John and I are both eagerly awaiting. I think the clear ones are cool for seeing the guts and lighting options. Perhaps a clear one in the future for me. A white kydex one will do me for now...and probably some time to come. I can't wait!!!! Thank you...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Thanks for the updates on the Aquacopters. John and I are both eagerly awaiting. I think the clear ones are cool for seeing the guts and lighting options. Perhaps a clear one in the future for me. A white kydex one will do me for now...and probably some time to come. I can't wait!!!! Thank you...
I will be in Vegas on the 12th and 13th of November for some relative business. Let me know if you guys are free, I'd like to see what you have done with the frames... maybe I could stash a demo clear frame in my bag.

Since I know John mentioned painting the frame, I am going to include some scrap material so you guys can test your paint before trying it on the actual frame. Kydex is very chemical resistant.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmccray View Post
Excellent design guys, the Kydex is a great choice of material, same laminated plastic used in airplane interiors.
Would really like to see some photos of your manufacturing process, especially your vacuum forming setup.
I built a small one for Kydex UAV fuselages and things.
I'll be ordering one of your frames soon but would at least like to see a parts list for your ARF ones.
I would absolutely love to share the whole process with you and everyone else, but I'm going to have to pass for now. It has taken me a ton of time and quite a bit of money to develop my process and technique. However, this may be coming sooner than later as there are many good things coming our way that would allow me to share much more.

In the time being we are looking to get these frames in as many peoples hands as possible so we can get feedback and incorporate that into our next design which is just about complete.

We are also open to barter for long range FPV equipment, so any suppliers out there that are interested, please email us. We are going to expand into the FPV field but want to get our hands on several different components so that we can try to accommodate as many people as possible that already have equipment.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
I will be in Vegas on the 12th and 13th of November for some relative business. Let me know if you guys are free, I'd like to see what you have done with the frames... maybe I could stash a demo clear frame in my bag.

Since I know John mentioned painting the frame, I am going to include some scrap material so you guys can test your paint before trying it on the actual frame. Kydex is very chemical resistant.

Thanks for the scraps! I do plan on painting, your right kydex is not paint freindly. I'm going to try Krylon fusion for at least the base of gloss white, from what I've read it sticks fairly well for the gun and knife guy's. after the base, I think regular Krylon will be fine and the color varity is greater... I just need to nail down what colors I want.

I hope to have the frame up and flying long before the 12th,13th... as long as paint goes well that shouldn't be a problem. I'll make some free time, maybe we can get some flying in at bennet field. If nothing else I'll buy lunch and we can talk multi's

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post

Oh....I work on the 12th and 13, but perhaps an 'after work' meet would be possible. I'd LOVE to see the clear frame....good thing I just ordered some extra flight controllers...thanks to Shultz helping me spend my money. He's good at that. Better than my wife...almost...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member