SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:05 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
I think it still looks great.... Hmmm now I want a clear one!

Which one is stronger? The Kydex or clear Polycarbonite? Please forgive my materials ignorance
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,376 Posts
The clear looks cool. Having LEDs inside would be super cool. Having a milky joint on the upper and lower parts is not a huge issue to me. I think the Polycarb frames would be more brittle than the Kydex ones. My uniformed vote is the Kydex for more durability, the Polycarb for more 'wow' factor.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
798 Posts
I dont mind the white joints. Once we put all out wires and electronics in the frame there will be a lot more ugly things besides the joints but at night with LEDs I dont think it would be noticeable.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,490 Posts
I ordered a black one but will probley get a clear one if you sell them. Never have enough quads.
Chad2323 is offline Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Aquacopters(Russ)

Thank you for the Email response and the post here as well. I very much applicate that you are taking care of a problem before sending it out to customers The delay it's self is not a big deal for me, I just wanted to understand why.

The clear quad looks great! Myself, I don't see the seem being an issue. Once you add the gut's and some LED's the seem won't even be noticed IMHO.

again, thanks for the update.

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
delivered?

Anybody got their frame yet?
FlyingRodent is offline Find More Posts by FlyingRodent
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2012
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRodent View Post
Anybody got their frame yet?
i ordered about 2 weeks ago ( black version ), still haven't heard anything and order still says "processing".

so anyone have one yet?

Edit: just read last page, sounds like they chimed in, but i think we should have been notified before waiting to see this so it keeps things honest. so still looks like no time frame then huh?
markymarkz is offline Find More Posts by markymarkz
Last edited by markymarkz; Oct 26, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
Rotorcraft Fanatic
Joined Dec 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penichard78 View Post
i everybody
how did they solve barometer reaction because barometer in inside waterproof box (problem with atmospheric pression!!)
sorry for my english
eric
Eric, I and a friend are both about to order these frames and have also been thinking about that, because we are using the Arduino APM2 which has a barometric altimeter. We think it would be simple to install some sort of little waterproof valve on the body. This valve would be left open when flying in any of the "automatic" modes (altitude-hold, loiter, RTL, etc.). It would be closed when doing anything on the water, when you wouldn't be in anything but "stabilize" mode to begin with, which has the altimeter inactive. At first we will use just a simple manual valve, but I suppose one could be servo operated or such if desired.

On a related note, prop and wind turbulence affecting the altimeter should be much less of an issue with this closed frame.

Also, the APM2 can be fitted with an ultrasonic altimeter (for low altitudes) and these can be obtained in waterproof versions and could thus be mounted externally.
cyclicopath is offline Find More Posts by cyclicopath
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
Rotorcraft Fanatic
Joined Dec 2009
22 Posts
Thanks, I and a friend will both be fine with the milky joint, definitely want to order the clear ...
cyclicopath is offline Find More Posts by cyclicopath
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2012
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclicopath View Post
Eric, I and a friend are both about to order these frames and have also been thinking about that, because we are using the Arduino APM2 which has a barometric altimeter. We think it would be simple to install some sort of little waterproof valve on the body. This valve would be left open when flying in any of the "automatic" modes (altitude-hold, loiter, RTL, etc.). It would be closed when doing anything on the water, when you wouldn't be in anything but "stabilize" mode to begin with, which has the altimeter inactive. At first we will use just a simple manual valve, but I suppose one could be servo operated or such if desired.

On a related note, prop and wind turbulence affecting the altimeter should be much less of an issue with this closed frame.

Also, the APM2 can be fitted with an ultrasonic altimeter (for low altitudes) and these can be obtained in waterproof versions and could thus be mounted externally.
i guess we will see when we get the frame and try it.
markymarkz is offline Find More Posts by markymarkz
Last edited by markymarkz; Oct 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclicopath View Post

If there was something like the clear access door that had some thick breathable foam in it you could get airflow but still keep water splashes out. It wouldnt be submersible but I think it could take a little water.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
I'm eagerly awaiting the kit version of the Aquacopter for my first quadcopter build, let's hope they start shipping soon
buenoben is offline Find More Posts by buenoben
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
I currently own a DEX quad, also very interested in your design too, I checked with youtube about the material you use, they look super strong... Now only concern about the frame weight...can you tell us what is the weight and the size?

Polycarbonate vs Acrylic Plastic (3 min 7 sec)
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Last edited by tycoyoken; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
Also take a look what people say about Polycarbonate and fiberglass...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1051726AAnnYgC
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoyoken View Post
Also take a look what people say about Polycarbonate and fiberglass...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1051726AAnnYgC
That's an impressive video !!
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104