HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
You are both correct, the clear frame is not up... yet. I have gotten a TON of crap for it. We are trying to get this out as early as we can. If you subscribe to our youtube channel you will be one of the first to know when it is in.
Hi AquaCopters,

Will the polycarbonate one is same price as other frame?
You offering the ARF one, with motor and esc. Is the motors using like waterproof chemical spray?
I have seen the discussion about this water proof chemical spray that able the iphone dip into water.

Thanks,

John
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:02 AM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
I got the info liquipel.com
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
These don't look 100% waterproof, but water resistant. The motor screw mounts don't seem to have any kind of seal like an o-ring. I'd imagine if you held it under the water some water would get in, but hopefully someone who buys one can do some real tests.
hehe, if you keep an boat under water long enough it wil sink two.
It's a flying craft, not a submarine! lol
jbkappirossi is offline Find More Posts by jbkappirossi
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Just ordered one of these.(A black one)
Perfect for the UK as it rains a LOT here.
Is the colour impregnated,or sprayed on the inside,as it would be nice to illuminate the quad from within the arms.
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I've been emailed some instructions. It should be 100% waterproof. You need silicone to complete the build, preferably one of the same colour as the shell. You need to drill holes for the motor wires, feed them through to the ESC, then seal the hole with silicone. You also need to put a dab of silicone in every thread where the motor cross mount goes, that'll keep water out.
Someone should make a build log.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,977 Posts
I'll be doing a mini review/build post when I get mine.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Someone should make a build log.
I will once I get mine. But I think others will get theirs before me, I'm currently busy. Won't get home until the 27th or so, so I should have a million packages waiting for me at home, including this one.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
These don't look 100% waterproof, but water resistant. The motor screw mounts don't seem to have any kind of seal like an o-ring. I'd imagine if you held it under the water some water would get in, but hopefully someone who buys one can do some real tests.
I do suggest using silicone in the screw holes. This will prevent any water from entering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm_jammy View Post
AquaCopters, have you guys performed any kind of endurance tests on these yet? i.e having the quad fully submerged for a whole flight ( incase someone flew one out too far, flipped it upside down in the water and had to go get a paddle boat to retrieve it..)
And to answer most our questions is there a particular motor you have done research with that would take on water requiring little or no maintenance?
It would be difficult to submerge the quad because it does float. As far as flipping it upside down, there are no problems, just turn it back over. With the motors as with most other equipment they do take care. If you constantly fly in the water and do nothing, something will eventually wear out. However if you take care of the motors (check bearings, lube to displace the water, etc.), they will last quite some time. You can search outrunner motors under water and similar to find plenty of discussions on the effect (or lack of). We are in the process of creating other videos and demos with the questions that everyone brings up. But we can hold the frame underwater when sealed and no bubbles come up.

We did not make a submarine and therefore not trying to claim that it swims underwater or anything stupid like that. The overall purpose here is to provide a quad that can handle falling/crashing into the water, float on top, and protect the electronics inside. Anything else people want to do with it outside that envelope is fine by us, but it may not be suitable
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
That's a great answer aquacopter and very informative thank you.
It's absolutely brilliant seeing someone come up with a great idea like this!
I really am tempted as I am humming and harring over my next quad, but this wouldn't support naza gps/ fpv
Jmm_jammy is offline Find More Posts by Jmm_jammy
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:23 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Hehe, Im gonna try to FPV through snowfall. Not rain though, unless I can figure out how to protect the camera and whatnot. Liquid tape maybe?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Hehe, Im gonna try to FPV through snowfall. Not rain though, unless I can figure out how to protect the camera and whatnot. Liquid tape maybe?
I would use a product called rain-x, it's designed of call windscreens and the rain just runs off straight away. I've tried it on mY car and works a treat!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Feb 2012
779 Posts
Quote:
There might be enough room inside the body to mount the camera internally and cut a small viewport for the lens that can be sealed with silicone or hot glue or something. Where to mount the VTx and antenna is my question.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:35 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,954 Posts
Anyone get theirs yet...or e-mail to confirm shipping? Chomp'n at the bit!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:56 AM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
810 Posts
Hey all,
I have one coming. I will do a review and build log... I plan on using a Naza with GPS.

Question:
How do the wires for the motor get sealed?
EDIT: I looked back at the older posts... I will see if I can get the instructions e-mailed to me.

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Last edited by Gundy; Oct 23, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
Hey all,
I have one coming. I will do a review and build log... I plan on using a Naza with GPS.

Question:
How do the wires for the motor get sealed?
EDIT: I looked back at the older posts... I will see if I can get the instructions e-mailed to me.

Later,
Gundy
Naza with gps! I can't wait to see pics and how it flies. (genuinely excited)