SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.bi. View Post
Sorry to hear they don't sell them.
I was thinking about purchasing some material (hat or gloves or something), drilling small holes, then glue Goretex on both sides (or two layers on one side).
Alternative materials I found:
eVent: The most high-profile Gore-Tex alternative, made using an ePTFE (ie. stretched teflon) membrane that's similar to Gore-Tex. Initially developed by BHA group but eventually acquired by GE Energy (ripe for 30 rock parody) and licensed to clothing manufactures to be sold under different names.
Sympatex: Waterproof, windproof, and breathable membrane made from a "closed" polyther-polyester copolymer. It differs from eVent and Gore-Tex in that it doesn't have micropores for breathability--water vapor is passed through by way of an absorption and evaporation process.
Omni-Dry: Columbia sportswear's proprietary fabric.
NeoShell: Another recent major competitor to Gore-Tex, by Polartec. Claims to be the most breathable waterproof fabric on the market by not requiring high heat or pressure for air flow.
OutDry and Dry. Q: Proprietary technologies owned by Mountain Hardware clothing company. OutDry omits extra layers between the breathable membrane and outer shell, so water is not kept in the garment. Dry Q. lets moisture and air pass without getting warm. and uses technology licensed from GE's eVent.
HyVent: The North Face's own proprietary fabric.
H2No: Made by Patagonia, uses polyester and polyurethane laminates to achieve waterproofing and breathability. Reportedly very durable.
MemBrain: Similar to H2No in that it uses a polyurethane polymer laminate, but doesn't "breathe" as well as Gore-Tex.
We have been working on and testing solutions for this for a while now. We will have the answer for everyone possibly next week. The solution should be about $5 and you will be able to add-on to the frame or by itself to the shopping cart. We will let everyone know shortly.
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:54 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
with GoPro / FPV inclusion & triangular motor mounts, right? & transparent =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
We have been working on and testing solutions for this for a while now. We will have the answer for everyone possibly next week. The solution should be about $5 and you will be able to add-on to the frame or by itself to the shopping cart. We will let everyone know shortly.
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:38 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,484 Posts
Jesh...all this work for altitude hold potential? I have a thing on my Tx that does that...it's called the 'throttle stick'!!!
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:48 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
I fly gyros only (smoother).
But you know very well some of us enjoy this work regardless =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Jesh...all this work for altitude hold potential? I have a thing on my Tx that does that...it's called the 'throttle stick'!!!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:34 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.bi. View Post
I fly gyros only (smoother).
But you know very well some of us enjoy this work regardless =)
Agreed...I prefer gyro mode too. The only reason for the 'air valve' is for baro altitude hold. I've only used baro on my Naza...and it works marvelously. For my other controllers I don't have any added sensors. The fun is in the playing though...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:35 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,072 Posts
While waiting on heat sinks I decided to go ahead and assemble my Aquacopter and give it a test flight - I cut a g10 lid for it to mount my NAZA onto and finished the assembly - on the first test flight all went well - The g10 lid with predrilled holes to hold the Naza - RX and NAZA LED in place worked very well - Battery changes are very easy - I will try to get some photos posted very soon -

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:36 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Mike, do you have your battery on the outside of the frame?
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:47 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,072 Posts
Not not at the moment - I can fit 2X 2200 mah bats inside the frame - I will be adding a special lid for holding the batteries on the top - I think it will stabilize it even more - I still need to order the water proofing for my batteries - Along with a tiltable gopro mount (design on the board) and this is a winner winner
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:29 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Not not at the moment - I can fit 2X 2200 mah bats inside the frame - I will be adding a special lid for holding the batteries on the top - I think it will stabilize it even more - I still need to order the water proofing for my batteries - Along with a tiltable gopro mount (design on the board) and this is a winner winner
What waterproofing did you order for your bats?

Can't wait to see your tilt table.
I worked a lot on dynamically stabilized gimbals, until I realized that, with the GoPro itself as the only centered weight (& friction of FPV cables), level video will always be hampered by the constant (albeit smooth) acceleration of any fluid flight (a GPS hover hold would probably be worse since it would constantly accelerate in different directions to regain position ... it's always windy here).
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:44 AM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,072 Posts
Here are some photos of my build - I still need to silicon the holes at the grommets and around the edge of the gps - Next is the gopro mount to get it out of the props - Inside is kind of a bird nest - LED's coming soon as well -
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:39 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,252 Posts
Nice looking build. Any concern with water getting in around the frame and the grommets since they wouldn't be totally water tight I wouldn't think or are they glued/siliconed in place as well?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:41 AM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,072 Posts
Hey Flight lab - Since my build is mostly for flying in foul weather I really dont think that a total waterproof seal is important against pressurized water like a submarine. I will test it in the pool and see how it does prior to adding electronics but I can always add a bit of silicon to the grommet bead if it is an issue - Thanks

Mike
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:47 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,252 Posts
True enough, it probably wouldn't leak much if at all, I was more thinking if it went in inverted is all. For bad weather it should be more than enough.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
133 Posts
Has anyone here purchased the RTF model yet?
blorincz99 is offline Find More Posts by blorincz99
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorincz99 View Post
Has anyone here purchased the RTF model yet?
I hope not, because they aren't out yet

But soon enough...
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters