HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:05 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
Thanks WiseDuck, everything is in working order now. You can go right to the website and order what you like!
Your website shows shipping in 5-7 days from initial order. What about the first group of stock on hand? I'm in a group order (for two white frames) and was hoping they'd be in shipment already...the website showed they were in stock when the order was placed.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Your website shows shipping in 5-7 days from initial order. What about the first group of stock on hand? I'm in a group order (for two white frames) and was hoping they'd be in shipment already...the website showed they were in stock when the order was placed.
We do have some stock to fulfill orders that have been placed, but this isn't the first week we've been selling these. We do have previous orders from shows and events we have to complete first.

I would expect your order will most likely go out Monday. If you have any follow up questions please email as I may not respond here that fast. Thanks
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:25 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Thanks WiseDuck, everything is in working order now. You can go right to the website and order what you like!
Got your email about it. Order sent!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:59 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
388 Posts
Will these motors work with this frame:
NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 250w,

and these ESCs:
TURNIGY Plush 25 or 30amp Speed Controller

and a nanotech 3S 3.0 battery?
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:20 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,182 Posts
looking at some of the pictures wondering how you install the battery?love to get one these look cool.
Chad2323 is online now Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Will these motors work with this frame:
NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 250w,

and these ESCs:
TURNIGY Plush 25 or 30amp Speed Controller

and a nanotech 3S 3.0 battery?
I would suggest looking around at other peoples combinations and see how they have worked together, but I see no problem with what you have. Depending on your flight controller and how it is mounted, you may have to move your battery off the CG inside the compartment. I do suggest the slim line series of batteries because there is generally no clearance issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad2323 View Post
looking at some of the pictures wondering how you install the battery?love to get one these look cool.
We are editing a few videos that will be up on our youtube channel in a couple days if not sooner. This will have your answer, and is much easier to see than describe. Please subscribe to our channel so you can get notified. Thanks
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,182 Posts
Sounds good thank's
Chad2323 is online now Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Wow! Amazing
Is this just a frame for sale so we can put anything that fits inside?

I don't understand how the motors go underwater?
Jmm_jammy is offline Find More Posts by Jmm_jammy
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Looking forward to the videos and receiving my frames!

Have you had any issues with heat? with no cooling air getting to the ESC's I have to wonder if even over sizes ESC will cope for very long. I plan on using a CC BEC and disabling the ESC's BEC, this alone should help a bunch with heat. I also have some other Ideas for dealing with the heat, once I get the frame in hand I'll have a better idea of how good my ideas are

I'm planing on painting my white frame, any recommendations for paint? I've found thru searches that Krylon fusion is popular among the shooting/knife communities for painting Kydex, have you tried it or any other brands of paint?

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:12 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Brighton, UK
Joined May 2006
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm_jammy View Post
Neither do I, asked that same q a few posts back and it wasn't answered. Obviously they can though.....
Garry s is offline Find More Posts by Garry s
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:22 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry s View Post
Neither do I, asked that same q a few posts back and it wasn't answered. Obviously they can though.....
Electric motors typically have no problem running in fresh water. You just have to clean them up and use some water displacement oil (They call that WD40 over here) afterwards. I have even dunked motors in salt water briefly and they survive. Other electronics may not like water too much.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,797 Posts
Oops...never mind. I misread the original post and what I wrote didn't really apply.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Oct 20, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm_jammy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry s View Post
That's easy, if you physically place them below the waters surface they 'go under water' . Sorry...couldn't resist.

Motors have no active components. Just wires and magnets. The flow of electricity through the wires creates a magnetic field. This field attracts/repels with the stationary magnets. The phasing of when they attract and repel is what makes the motor turn. That's all the motors do. As long as they have current flowing through the wires at the appropriate timing and phases they will work. Now if the ESCs get wet and short out the signals that make them produce the appropriate current through the appropriate wires then the motors won't work right because the magnetic field isn't timed right to attract/repel to the stationary magnets. Of course, the big props on the motors underwater would create so much resistance that they'd not function right anyway...way to much drag...they work fine in the air of course. FWIW, I used to break in my brushed can motors by connecting a battery and dropping the motor in a cup of water (not the battery) and the motors ran fine while the brushes 'cut in'.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:20 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Brighton, UK
Joined May 2006
571 Posts
Van - opening sentence: 100% accurate, 100% unhelpful, 50% funny OK, 60% funny

As for the rest of it, I understand that but wonder why the water doesn't short out all the bits of leccy what are coming out of the wires ...but then again I was conditioned by my grandma..'steam irons, mixing electricity and water....it's madness'
Garry s is offline Find More Posts by Garry s
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
388 Posts
probably a NAZA or CC controller

Quote:
I would suggest looking around at other peoples combinations and see how they have worked together, but I see no problem with what you have. Depending on your flight controller and how it is mounted, you may have to move your battery off the CG inside the compartment. I do suggest the slim line series of batteries because there is generally no clearance issues.

We are editing a few videos that will be up on our youtube channel in a couple days if not sooner. This will have your answer, and is much easier to see than describe. Please subscribe to our channel so you can get notified. Thanks
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper