HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz View Post
Lee, Git-R- Done

yeah the weight is noticeable especially when were so use to smaller frames that have the about same power at around half the AUW. Still, it does fly nice and I'd only dunk my f330 ONCE

I'm happy with my aquacopter, money well spent
Great Video!! I wish I could fly mine like that. What flight controller and what PIDs?
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Great Video!! I wish I could fly mine like that. What flight controller and what PIDs?
Thanks For now i'm using a self-built Multiwii board, shield+ Wii motion Plus only... no nunchuck/ ACC. I'm running MWC 2.1 stock sketch except for LPF is set to 98Hz.
In GUI ,I'm running over all RCrate at 1.50, pitch and roll RCrate is at .60 and yaw is at .75.
P Roll 5.5 Pitch 5.5 Yaw 9.0
I .30 .30 .45
D .32 .32 .00

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jan 2011
226 Posts
Whats ur AUW on that beastie? Mine seems like a brick but my parts are nothing special weight wise.

Mine (kydex 375g) is at 1100g ready to roll 2 x 1300mah 3S (=264g).

I guess its built for a purpose and that's to float and fly with emphasis on the float. It will be interesting to see where the waterline is.

Anybody else got numbers I would be keen to hear them.

Quote:
Ummm... 60ft the light poles around the field are about 45-50ft tall... I was WELL below them the entire flight most of the flips were from no more than 25ft up and several were about 15ft up... the camera must be deceiving.

Aquaquad flys very much like the DJI 450 only about 200g heavier AUW(depending on set up of course) Neither fly like my little F330 hotrod

John
FlyingRodent is offline Find More Posts by FlyingRodent
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:02 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,716 Posts
My AUW with a 3000mah 3s battery is 1290 grams. On top of that I need to add my FPV and Gopro and gopro case.
How it flies depends on what you want it for. Mine will be perfect for what I want which is to film surfing so i dont need acrobatics just smooth movement.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
My bare frame was 396g, with a 3's 2650 40C pack AUW is 1130g.

John
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
Western Colorado
Joined Sep 2008
43 Posts
Low-pro GoPro 2.5mm av plug

Just wanted to post a link to this thread I put in the FPV section, I figured you all might make good use of this.
Name: IMG_1057.jpg
Views: 113
Size: 126.4 KB
Description:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1770345
Photons is offline Find More Posts by Photons
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,283 Posts
Just got mine, what a gorgeous frame! Seems like I may have to enlarge at least one hole on some of the crossmounts I have. I also need to sand down the shafts on my NTM motors. What a pain in the arse, oh well, it'll take a while to finish this one. Should be quite awesome once it's done!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Just got mine, what a gorgeous frame! Seems like I may have to enlarge at least one hole on some of the crossmounts I have. I also need to sand down the shafts on my NTM motors. What a pain in the arse, oh well, it'll take a while to finish this one. Should be quite awesome once it's done!
The first version actually had a divot hole in the center of the mount for clearance but it was taken out... now it seems I should put it back. How much clearance would everyone have needed?
AquaCopters is offline Find More Posts by AquaCopters
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:42 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
My bare frame was 396g, with a 3's 2650 40C pack AUW is 1130g.

John
When I did the initial weight test, I believe it was just the bare bones frame without all the hardware, and that was just under 300 g. I had fixed the weight back up to 350 g because that is what my scale said for several frames. I am still baffled how yours came to be 396
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:54 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I think it could be made thinner and lighter perhaps, it seems more than ridged as is. It would be nice to get the weight down as it is heavy for its size but it may just be the trade off needed for being waterproof.
The weight could be a little lighter by using a thinner material, however it is built more for durability. Something thinner would damage much easier upon impact (even on water) and you could lose your electronics if the frame was compromised..
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:11 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
The first version actually had a divot hole in the center of the mount for clearance but it was taken out... now it seems I should put it back. How much clearance would everyone have needed?
Won't that add just another hole we'd have to seal with silicone? I use 2826 1350kv NTM motors and these can be used with collet adapters or prop adapters that you attach to the bell. If you want to use these on this frame, the shaft on the other side needs to go. And it's quite long, probably close to 2cm or so (Or about 0.6")
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:27 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,716 Posts
Going forward if it were possible to have the main opening hole just a little bit bigger it would make it easier to get 3000mah batteries to fit in. Apart from that I think this frame is great.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:49 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Won't that add just another hole we'd have to seal with silicone? I use 2826 1350kv NTM motors and these can be used with collet adapters or prop adapters that you attach to the bell. If you want to use these on this frame, the shaft on the other side needs to go. And it's quite long, probably close to 2cm or so (Or about 0.6")
Think he means just adding an indent not a hole
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:50 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters View Post
The weight could be a little lighter by using a thinner material, however it is built more for durability. Something thinner would damage much easier upon impact (even on water) and you could lose your electronics if the frame was compromised..
Perhaps only the top half could be made thinner?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:50 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,283 Posts
I'd be alright with that. It would help a lot.