SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Still Waiting

So I ordered mine Oct. 26th and I still haven't received it. It's been 18 days and I am starting to wonder if it will ever ship. Has anyone else been having the same issue or have you been waiting even longer?

About this point I start getting nervous about the validity, but I am glad some have gotten theirs.
SeanJuan73 is offline Find More Posts by SeanJuan73
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:04 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,363 Posts
I ordered mine on the 22 and just got my shipping notice. I think their just running behind with so many orders.
Chad2323 is online now Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
I ordered mine Oct 20 and it is suppose to be delivered here today. I'll post pics once it arrives.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:44 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
I think most new products go through this sort of thing. I remember there were delivery problems at first with both the Naza and the GPS unit. Nothing at all uncommon with this initially. Just one of the reasons you don't always want to "be the first kid on the block" to rush out and buy the newest, latest and greatest.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Mine arrived today.

Frame weight as shipped with no components 373g

More pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1081737...023/Aquacopter
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,990 Posts
373g... is not bad... but not as advertised....
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
I still prefer the original bullet proof material (Polycarbonate) , As long as not more than 280g is OK ...
Another thing I worry about is ESC, the heat may soften the new material (KYDEX)
Will you come out a lighter version in the future?
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Last edited by tycoyoken; Nov 13, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:41 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quick open area maiden video, other than hover testing and a little PID tuning in the backyard this is my first flight. sorry for the "flying brick" comment Aquacopter It's just I'm so use to flying smaller/lighter Quads and tri's... I can "feel" the weight on the aquacopter just like my DJI F450 AKA "the PIG"

Honestly, it flys nice for the weight! now I just need to find a little water for some dunk testing!

Aquacopter first flight (0 min 0 sec)
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:47 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
373g... is not bad... but not as advertised....
Site says approximately 350g, did it say something else before?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:56 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,990 Posts
it used to be advertised as "under 300g"
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:57 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
I think it could be made thinner and lighter perhaps, it seems more than ridged as is. It would be nice to get the weight down as it is heavy for its size but it may just be the trade off needed for being waterproof.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:11 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Thanks for the video. It gives a good idea of what to expect. So it can handle flips from about 60 feet in the air. I had hoped it would manuever like a DJI 450.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz View Post
Quick open area maiden video, other than hover testing and a little PID tuning in the backyard this is my first flight. sorry for the "flying brick" comment Aquacopter It's just I'm so use to flying smaller/lighter Quads and tri's... I can "feel" the weight on the aquacopter just like my DJI F450 AKA "the PIG"
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the video. It gives a good idea of what to expect. So it can handle flips from about 60 feet in the air. I had hoped it would manuever like a DJI 450.

Ummm... 60ft the light poles around the field are about 45-50ft tall... I was WELL below them the entire flight most of the flips were from no more than 25ft up and several were about 15ft up... the camera must be deceiving.

Aquaquad flys very much like the DJI 450 only about 200g heavier AUW(depending on set up of course) Neither fly like my little F330 hotrod

John
Last edited by shultz; Nov 14, 2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: it's closer to 200g heavier...not 100g
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,114 Posts
Good video John. You're right, I can see the weight in flight...not quite as spritely as our mini tri and quad frames. Looks like it does the loops and rolls with no issues though. I just got my replacement motor shafts in. I need to cut them to size and then I can mount my motors without having to drill holes in the frame for the lower part of the shaft to fit.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Good video John. You're right, I can see the weight in flight...not quite as spritely as our mini tri and quad frames. Looks like it does the loops and rolls with no issues though. I just got my replacement motor shafts in. I need to cut them to size and then I can mount my motors without having to drill holes in the frame for the lower part of the shaft to fit.
Lee, Git-R- Done

yeah the weight is noticeable especially when were so use to smaller frames that have the about same power at around half the AUW. Still, it does fly nice and I'd only dunk my f330 ONCE

I'm happy with my aquacopter, money well spent