HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
Discussion
Flying Inverted

I have the Belt CP and the Nano CPX, currently i'm pricing with the nano and don't really know how to fly inverted i've looked at a lot of videos about flying inverted but don't seem to understand it, any help?
xRCxHeli is offline Find More Posts by xRCxHeli
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:34 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCxHeli View Post
I have the Belt CP and the Nano CPX, currently i'm pricing with the nano and don't really know how to fly inverted i've looked at a lot of videos about flying inverted but don't seem to understand it, any help?
What is your question specifically about inverted flight? Orientations, how to go inverted, inverted pitch curves?
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:50 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,000 Posts
Telling us what transmitter you have got would be helpful as well. However, you should not really be thinking of going inverted until you have practiced it on a SIM.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
how to get inverted, and yes i've practiced on the, i have the FMS, but i didn't know if that was realistic at all? I'm using a DX4e the one that comes with the RTF version
xRCxHeli is offline Find More Posts by xRCxHeli
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:32 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,000 Posts
Quote:
how to get inverted, and yes i've practiced on the, i have the FMS, but i didn't know if that was realistic at all? I'm using a DX4e the one that comes with the RTF version
The DX4e has pre-programmed curves built which are on the aggressive side. It would be better if you could get a programmable transmitter like the DX6i so that you can have more control on how the heli flies.

Anyway, you need to get into the stunt mode of the DX4e in order to get inverted. This is simply done by putting the L hand side switch down. As you do so, you will get a sudden increase in head speed. You can either do this on the ground before you take off or do it while you are in the air. I normally do it on the ground so that you don't get a nasty jump. There is also supposed to be a soft start option available but you will have to ask others how to use it. You should practice flying in stunt mode for some time before trying your first inverted move.

Since the Nano is very aggressive, you may need to put expo on in the DX4e. I can't remember offhand how to do it so you will have to ask others.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 17, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Fms isn't realistic at all. It's not much better, but get Helisimrc, it's free, a little more realistic, and there's options you can play with like expo, thottle/pitch curves, etc. Or buy Phoenix or Realflight, they're awesome, you'll be amazed.

As far as getting inverted, watch this youtube video:

Learning inverted hovering - RC heli flight school v1.1 (4 min 12 sec)
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Oct 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:11 AM
Mr Birdie ~ Flight Expert
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
109 Posts
inverted

I'm just learning inverted, I have Pheonix, I choose a biggish chopper and flyit in the sports hall, I crashed a gazillion times, but I have since flown inverted for real WITHOUT crashing, Sim's - best value for money. Buy one even before you buy a model!.
2StrokeMatty is offline Find More Posts by 2StrokeMatty