HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:52 AM
oops i crashed
Chile, Valparaíso, Viña
Joined May 2011
54 Posts
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Cant wait for the maiden. By the way, what is the humbrol paint number you are using? Keep up the incredible work.

Dave
oopsicrashed is offline Find More Posts by oopsicrashed
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsicrashed View Post
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Cant wait for the maiden. By the way, what is the humbrol paint number you are using? Keep up the incredible work.

Dave
Thanks Dave, Humbrol # 56. For curiosity sake, I should've weighed the wing before and after paint. Before, I marveled at how light it was, then noticed the weight gain after paint. It's a large surface area...
phillip57 is online now Find More Posts by phillip57
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
oops i crashed
Chile, Valparaíso, Viña
Joined May 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip57 View Post
Thanks Dave, Humbrol # 56. For curiosity sake, I should've weighed the wing before and after paint. Before, I marveled at how light it was, then noticed the weight gain after paint. It's a large surface area...
Haha well... Lets just say it makes it even more scale by simulating all the fuel for the transatlantic flight
oopsicrashed is offline Find More Posts by oopsicrashed
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,488 Posts
Just wondering, what is the scale of your NYP? Would the length of Lake Michigan be close to scale distance of the Atlantic Ocean?

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:59 PM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel View Post
Just wondering, what is the scale of your NYP? Would the length of Lake Michigan be close to scale distance of the Atlantic Ocean?

Larry
I believe it is very close to 1/8. It would take more like 30 Lake Michigan lengths to cross the Atlantic, having just looked at world map...
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,488 Posts
OK, so after your maiden flight and getting the airplane all trimmed out, we expect you to make 15 non-stop round tips the length of Lake Michigan. Of course you will have to do it alone.

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:15 PM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel View Post
OK, so after your maiden flight and getting the airplane all trimmed out, we expect you to make 15 non-stop round tips the length of Lake Michigan. Of course you will have to do it alone.

Larry
LiPo tech has a ways to go...
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:39 AM
This is a fine fiddly business
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined May 2009
1,184 Posts
Visual feast.
What's not to like about Callie graphics? There is nothing not to like about Callie graphics!
Robert
Robert R is offline Find More Posts by Robert R
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:35 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,687 Posts
What a joy it is to share this build with you.... she's beautiful.
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:31 AM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,567 Posts
Thanks Robert, Capteasy, and everyone else participating in this thread. It's been a pleasure!
I was momentarily stunned to see the AUW at about 3 3/4 lbs. She's a little over powered. Definitely won't be over reving this one.
All thats left to do is install linkages between servos and ailerons, and make sure the battery compartment is secured.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:05 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
This has been a fascinating build Phil, testing I am sure, but you have risen to the challenge and produced a beautiful model.
I look forward with great excitement to hearing of the maiden and hopefully seeing some video.
I think you are somewhat more than the 'hacker' you proclaim to be!
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:39 PM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,567 Posts
Thanks Gavin, the maiden won't be any time too soon, the weather is still crappy here, the ground soggy, when not frozen.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:43 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,687 Posts
Soggy? Put the news and camera crew on standby, Newfounland is reports clearing to the East....
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E