SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,215 Posts
Question
Resort travel in Mexico, can i bring my quad ?

I need some info guys, i always wanted to bring one of my little quad with me when i travel in the winter time, i know that its a big NO in Cuba because you can`t bring a walkie talkie with you, so no way for a video transmitter or rc tx, but in Mexico i am pretty sure it can be done.

I want to fit it all inside a small pelican look a like case, only TX, quad, fatsharks and gopro.

I am sure i have to keep the lipos in a safe bag, but do i need a special paper to bring this in Mexico ?

i am looking for advise from members who done it before, i will be leaving from Montreal in Canada.

Thanks for tips/help.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
United States, NV, Rachel
Joined Dec 2008
1,194 Posts
Just take it with you.. I took mine to cabo san lucas (550mm hex) and noone cared. I flew it all over the resort, the beach, by the pool.... In the lobby lol no joke .. In the lobby
alexedit is online now Find More Posts by alexedit
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:38 AM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Jan 2009
3,904 Posts
Just have proof you took it down with you. Coming back the customs a$$'s at the airport may think you purchased it there. Had it happen to me as I would take my telescope to the U.S. (when I was allowed to enter) but good thing I had my bills with me as proof.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Your said "big NO in Cuba because you can`t bring a walkie talkie with you". I do read on Cuba customs, you can have now walkie talkie with you.
My intention is to take my copter (450, dx6i) in Varadero resort going in 10 days.
Do you believe I can take it?
cmarines is offline Find More Posts by cmarines