Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:42 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
I did receive the cable from Rangevideo for the connector on the back, I'll put it to use tonight and see how it works, and then report back.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I did receive the cable from Rangevideo for the connector on the back, I'll put it to use tonight and see how it works, and then report back.
Any good news?
Entropia666 is offline Find More Posts by Entropia666
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:04 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Did you get the email from him? It gave you options as to what you could do and what he is going to do about it. I'd happily forward it to you if you want to PM me
I received my Layerlens in the mail yesterday. Will get around to throwing it on today and see if I can notice any image declination.

Also tried out the Rangevideo GP3 video cable, it seems to work well and minimal lag, should work just as well and nice it will provide a clean 5V.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:49 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Just in case your wonder I weighed the modded go pro lenses vs the layerlens. The go pro one is 23 grams and layerlens is 9.6 grams. Haven't tested the image difference but will soon.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Today i flew again in -10C. GoPro (black) again did a boo boo - it produced video file, LED's we're blinking, but final video isn't playable.
That's different thing that corrupted headers (it could be easily fixed), this time both streams inside (audio and video) are empty. So, i got 1.4GB file with correct headers, but empty streams inside.
On next power i saw bicycle image with button "OK" on LCD. Tried to google about that - no idea what's that. I pressed "record" button and bicycle image disappeared, next video was OK again.
So far, 3 corrupted video, last one is serious loss for me. And that bicycle icon... How about "Silver" version reliability?
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Today i flew again in -10C. GoPro (black) again did a boo boo - it produced video file, LED's we're blinking, but final video isn't playable.
That's different thing that corrupted headers (it could be easily fixed), this time both streams inside (audio and video) are empty. So, i got 1.4GB file with correct headers, but empty streams inside.
On next power i saw bicycle image with button "OK" on LCD. Tried to google about that - no idea what's that. I pressed "record" button and bicycle image disappeared, next video was OK again.
So far, 3 corrupted video, last one is serious loss for me. And that bicycle icon... How about "Silver" version reliability?
I would swap your black version out for another black. Sounds like you either have a lemon or your memory card is bad.
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:57 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
Sounds like you either have a lemon or your memory card is bad.
Dunno what's 'lemon' (i know direct meaning of this word), but about card...
Using class 10 sandisk 32GB, no badblocks, h2testw.exe shows it's real capacity, and ~200GB of video is OK. Those failures are rare, but they happen :/

I'm still interested what this 'bicycle' icon on GoPro LCD means =)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:36 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Mar 2010
55 Posts
Note, my Hero3 Silver died because of having a 10 pin usb av out in it that got mildly tugged. Quick google result shows I'm not alone, just figured I'd warn this thread if your using your Hero3 has a fpv cam.
ueadian is offline Find More Posts by ueadian
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:55 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,650 Posts
Quote:
When you see the bicycle icon it means the GoPro recognizes that the last video file is corrupt and it's asking if you want the GoPro to try and repair the video file. Unfortunately, the first time I saw this I didn't know it and I dismissed it and then it never offers to repair the file ever again. You can buy some software to repair the video file.
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
When you see the bicycle icon it means the GoPro recognizes that the last video file is corrupt and it's asking if you want the GoPro to try and repair the video file.
Thanks, i didn't found this description in manual ;-)

Quote:
You can buy some software to repair the video file.
There's no software on the world which could re-create information from empty space - both streams in MP4 container are empty, nothing to fix here ;-)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:43 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, i didn't found this description in manual ;-)
http://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/..._FINAL_Web.pdf

Check page 58

Quote:
There's no software on the world which could re-create information from empty space - both streams in MP4 container are empty, nothing to fix here ;-)
There's 1.4GB of data there, maybe the stream is just truncated and looks empty?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:08 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, but icon i saw was a bit different - no border around bicycle, it was not in perspective (but from side), and there was "OK" in circle, not cross...
Hm.
Quote:
There's 1.4GB of data there, maybe the stream is just truncated and looks empty?
Does zero in stream counts as "data"? ;-)
In fact, it's valid h264 stream, just no image data - compressed black image, that's all....
I repeat, that's different case, not missing headers - headers are OK, even without them i can extract h264 stream, repair (no need to repair in this case), etc. This time i got some interesting glitch ;-)
I can cut small part of h264 stream (lossless cut on keyframes) and put online, in case someone is interested, but doubt that anyone could extract anything usefull...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:15 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, but icon i saw was a bit different - no border around bicycle, it was not in perspective (but from side), and there was "OK" in circle, not cross...
Hm.

Does zero in stream counts as "data"? ;-)
In fact, it's valid h264 stream, just no image data - compressed black image, that's all....
I repeat, that's different case, not missing headers - headers are OK, even without them i can extract h264 stream, repair (no need to repair in this case), etc. This time i got some interesting glitch ;-)
I can cut small part of h264 stream (lossless cut on keyframes) and put online, in case someone is interested, but doubt that anyone could extract anything usefull...
Sorry, just trying to help... Sounded just like what happened to me and I was able to recover the video, but maybe not the same.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:21 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I received my Layerlens in the mail yesterday. Will get around to throwing it on today and see if I can notice any image declination.

Also tried out the Rangevideo GP3 video cable, it seems to work well and minimal lag, should work just as well and nice it will provide a clean 5V.
Has anyone else tested this new cable? There's obviously some video lag in the demo video (which was also reported from RMRC when using this port). It appears to be the ideal spot for a connection, especially after reading about people easily damaging their USB ports...but not if the video lag is still an issue.

Also, this cable doesn't appear to have Audio Out. Is this correct?
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit