HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:15 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Anyone have two extra files when recording stuff one ends in .lrv and the other trm. Not sure why that is. I emailed gopro support, but thought someone might know.
Do you think support will answer faster, than you type in google "gopro lrv"?
https://www.google.lt/search?q=gopro+lrv
Seriously...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
in case any of you have the desire to shoot at night, here's a super cheap solution:
Hmmm, why not pick 10 or 20W LED's with driver already (10W LED with driver is < 10$ on ebay, should outperform "flat" solution easily ;-)
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:34 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Seriously...
WOW aren't you just the smartest guy on the planet. Google who would have thought.
But as you can see by your own google search there is not really a clear answer to why, Also you google gopro, well sorry i have a gopro hero 3, never had any of the other ones, so i dont know if the 3 is competely different, again no real answer to what they are for.
SO yeah i emailed support, it is there camera you know. They might have a real reason for the files and why they are talking up space on my memory card, maybe it can be disabled??? I dont know the answer to that. DO YOU? I you have the answer PLEASE feel free to get back to me. thanks, Have a great day.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:58 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
DO YOU?
Yes, i do.
So does first link on google search, so if you expect others will do copy/paste for you... No ;-)
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:05 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,079 Posts
Drop an LRV file into VLC Media Player and it becomes pretty obvious what it is.
.THM extension is self explanatory as a thumbnail. Drop it on a web browser window and it'll show
you what it looks like. It's just a renamed jpeg file.
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daemon; Jan 02, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:09 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,214 Posts
L ow
R esolution
V ersion

should we say more ?
bakchos is offline Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:10 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Yes, i do.
So does first link on google search, so if you expect others will do copy/paste for you... No ;-)
No, just an answer is all I was asking for and maybe proper grammar. Thanks

"Marooned, the LRV file is unrelated to the Protune mode. From my understanding of it the LRV file is a lower resolution version of the video recording used for preview purposes on the phone and tablet GoPro applications (less data to transfer wirelessly to the device running the application). It sucks that they take up space but SD cards are cheap and small."
This means nothing Unless the guy works for gopro, but as you can see, itís his understanding not fact.

So how about this, until you can get give an actual answer and reply then please stop wasting thread space.

Trust me Iíve read all the stuff you can find on Google. Obviously the first place I went to..Duh only and idiot wouldnít do that first.

Have a nice day.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:13 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,079 Posts
His understanding happens to be correct. Question has been asked and answered.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:20 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
L ow
R esolution
V ersion

should we say more ?
Ok thanks for the answer, So why does the gopro do this. Just wondering. Seems kinda worthless, who plays stuff at low res now adays. All the cell phones and tablets out there are all pretty much HD or can atleast play it.

@Daemon
When i try to open them i just get a websearch can open file thing. So i guess i dont have that player your talking about.

Oh well just was trying to find out why this was happening and if it could be disabled, but from what ive read it cant.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:34 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,079 Posts
VLC Media Player is a standalone video player that'll handle just about any type of media file.
If you changed the .LRV extension to .MP4 it would likely play in whatever you've got now
but name collides with original file, which is why they used LRV.

No smartphone will handle playing a full 1080p (or higher, or 60fps.. or 120fps) version of a
raw GoPro vid, and even if it could, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth over the low power
wifi connection, and even if there was the lag would be horrendous. The intent is to be able to
show a quick thumbnail and a playable version of the vid on any small screen, enough to identify it.
Basically, "Did I get the shot?"

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:56 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
VLC Media Player is a standalone video player that'll handle just about any type of media file.
If you changed the .LRV extension to .MP4 it would likely play in whatever you've got now

No smartphone will handle playing a full 1080p (or higher, or 60fps.. or 120fps) version of a
raw GoPro vid, and even if it could, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth over the low power
wifi connection, and even if there was the lag would be horrendous. The intent is to be able to
show a quick thumbnail and a playable version of the vid on any small screen, enough to identify it.

ian
Oh i gotcha now, I was thinking of like something you would upload to say youtube or something. So if you use the app, this is the file its playing back to you. Cause i just noticed the second file trm or whatever just started to show up after the last update. and the lrv on the update after i first got the cam.

Ok thanks all makes sense now, Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my camera do this.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:22 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
Quote:
Seriously...

Hmmm, why not pick 10 or 20W LED's with driver already (10W LED with driver is < 10$ on ebay, should outperform "flat" solution easily ;-)
That would be a good solution for beam distance. The reason I chose the layout I did was because 1) I had the LEDs on hand and 2) they provide a greater spread of light and that yields a result I love as a film maker to light my scenes discretely.
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:20 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
That would be a good solution for beam distance. The reason I chose the layout I did was because 1) I had the LEDs on hand and 2) they provide a greater spread of light and that yields a result I love as a film maker to light my scenes discretely.
I would love to see how you made that thing. looks pretty simple, Do you have a schematic for it?
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:12 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

ian
I Have this one and is FREE.
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:30 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Just got the Ridax 10 pin USB connectors in the mail (quick shipping to the US BTW). Anyways, I've made three perfectly working FPV cables with power-in.

Here's the Ridax blog that helps ID the pins: http://chargeconverter.com/blog/
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:12 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
It seems to me that plugging into the rear expansion port would be a good way to go for me. That way I could leave the case on the camera and just use the open back. Has anyone done that with this cable?

http://www.chargeconverter.com/store...product_id=157

I have the Flytron one but don't want to cut my case apart. Plus I like the idea of powering the camera which the Flytron cable does not do.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold