huh?
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:37 PM
Grain Valley, MO
Joined Aug 2007
172 Posts
Does anyone know if you start the video recording with the app on the phone and fly out of range of the wifi, is that when it will lock up ??? So far I am only a few meters away from me testing my Hex for interference and gimbal operation and not having any lockups.

Wally
Wallyfingers is offline Find More Posts by Wallyfingers
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, CA, Laguna Hills
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
just updated my gorpo 3 black with the new firmware for the app. Everything works great, but noticed when I plug it in to the computer, and try to turn on the gopro after a few seconds it turns back off. I was doing this to take off the videos.. guess its back to pulling out the card. Has anyone else noticed this?
faheja is offline Find More Posts by faheja
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,008 Posts
Selling a new hero3 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789107
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
Grain Valley, MO
Joined Aug 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faheja View Post
just updated my gorpo 3 black with the new firmware for the app. Everything works great, but noticed when I plug it in to the computer, and try to turn on the gopro after a few seconds it turns back off. I was doing this to take off the videos.. guess its back to pulling out the card. Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't noticed that problem with mine. I can delete video's or pictures when I'm plugged into the cpu.

Wally
Wallyfingers is offline Find More Posts by Wallyfingers
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyfingers View Post
I haven't noticed that problem with mine. I can delete video's or pictures when I'm plugged into the cpu.

Wally
That's so odd! I'll try again after work. I tried it in two computers. I'd plug it in, then power the gopro, and 3 seconds later it would go off. ( 2 times locking up ).

Everything workes fine... Just that..
Maybe I'll reinstall the firmware again.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Dec 2010
152 Posts
Mine still crashes with the new firmware. Also, the video resolution setting on the GoPro App is messed up. Some settings are missing entirely and others seem to be mislabeled?
Mikey636 is offline Find More Posts by Mikey636
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faheja View Post
That's so odd! I'll try again after work. I tried it in two computers. I'd plug it in, then power the gopro, and 3 seconds later it would go off. ( 2 times locking up ).

Everything workes fine... Just that..
Maybe I'll reinstall the firmware again.
Nevermind, just got home and tried it on my mac and its working fine. When i updated the firmware, i noticed it still left the files on the card. I just got rid of those. Maybe that was the cause.

Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey636 View Post
Mine still crashes with the new firmware. Also, the video resolution setting on the GoPro App is messed up. Some settings are missing entirely and others seem to be mislabeled?
Update your app, the new features will work. If the camera is crashing that frequently and you're sure that it isn't related to your memory card, then I would suggest returning it or having GoPro replace it.
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Just updated my GP3BE to firmware 3.2.0 and it still seems buggy in the menus. The battery and camera get really hot after only a few minutes of idling (not recording). Wondering if there's some software bug that crashes or spikes the processor on the camera. We'll see what happens when I try to use the camera for FPV. The weather here needs to get a little better first!
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,395 Posts
It has a battery warmer. What you're feeling may be normal.
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
Just updated my GP3BE to firmware 3.2.0 and it still seems buggy in the menus. The battery and camera get really hot after only a few minutes of idling (not recording). Wondering if there's some software bug that crashes or spikes the processor on the camera. We'll see what happens when I try to use the camera for FPV. The weather here needs to get a little better first!
Be extremely careful when using this camera for FPV. As you can see on this thread, this camera is still very unstable and unpredictable.
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,151 Posts
Updated my gopro app for android, now I have preview while recording but I am now to 5 second delay, they also fixed the resolution issue.

Going to the Blainville parc équestre to shoot some videos.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,151 Posts
Would be awesome if we could connect the gopro to our router and access the camera from the network.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
623 Posts
bought my gp3 black in mid october and it was problem free until about a week ago. it would randomly stop recording after 1 min or so as if someone pushed the stop record button.

i did the update yesterday and same problem and now i think i have found the culprit.

i was using the gopro recommended card, the scandisk 32 gig class 10. i just got a lexar 16 gig class 10 and had 5 error free recordings, each over 5 minutes long and up 1.5 gig.

this is with protune off. will now try with protune on and let you know.
yosemitez is offline Find More Posts by yosemitez
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Eagle Tree Vector & QAV400