HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Just got word from GoPro support that a new update for the Hero 3 Black will be out this Friday (December 14th).

Here's what the support guy had to say:

"
Hi Jason,

Next week, on the 14th of December a new update will be released that will address many issues, including the one your camera is having. Please bear with us until we release the update next wee. Our apologies if this causes any inconveniences. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,
Douglas V.
GoPro Support
"
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,022 Posts
Le Awesome
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
659 Posts
hope it works for my hb3. after a month of trouble free recording mine now stops recording after a minute or so. some of the vids just come out black. i am using the scandisk 32 gig class 10 card and have formatted several times in the camera per online suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
Just got word from GoPro support that a new update for the Hero 3 Black will be out this Friday (December 14th).

Here's what the support guy had to say:

"
Hi Jason,

Next week, on the 14th of December a new update will be released that will address many issues, including the one your camera is having. Please bear with us until we release the update next wee. Our apologies if this causes any inconveniences. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,
Douglas V.
GoPro Support
"
yosemitez is offline Find More Posts by yosemitez
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
hope it works for my hb3. after a month of trouble free recording mine now stops recording after a minute or so. some of the vids just come out black. i am using the scandisk 32 gig class 10 card and have formatted several times in the camera per online suggestions.
Ouch
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:19 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Anyone know why it creates two files for each video recorded? One ends in vlr or something like that.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:51 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
The last two times I've used my GoPro Hero 3 Black is locked up after only 8 seconds of recording. It's a really expensive paperweight right now.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Man, I must have been lucky or maybe I just haven't used mine enough. No issues locking for me (knock on wood). Really hoping that the 12/14 firmware will fix everything
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,180 Posts
My GP3 Black never locked too, only problem is with charging locking and random recording ending, other than this its ok

That being said, would i trust it to fly FPV with live feed, NO.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Feb 2009
184 Posts
Any one is using a Micro SD Class 4 on a Gopro 3 ? I did a quick test with it up to 1080 and I see no problems...
pabmadi is online now Find More Posts by pabmadi
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:54 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
518 Posts
It looks like the new Hero 3 Black update is out. Using google chrome I had no problems updating from my browser. Just make sure you turn on the camera, then plug in the USB cable to the computer. Before updating, the web form will ask for a network name and password for the gopro wifi app. The camera restarts three times, and on the third time you must have the wifi remote turned on so that it can perform a wireless update of the remote.

The iPhone app crashed a few times and many of the settings are missing for higher frame rates and resolutions unique to the hero 3 black. It doesn't seem that the app has been updated for the black edition yet. The preview has about a 5 second delay and preview only works when the camera is not recording.

Another option for operating the GoPro from a PC is this software:
http://cam-do.com/WiGo/

I haven't experienced any lockups of the GoPro itself.

*Correction, the updated app was just released for iOS
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Last edited by sg1anubis; Dec 14, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:41 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1anubis View Post

*Correction, the updated app was just released for iOS
Now that you've tried it with the new app, any improvements?
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,180 Posts
updated and working with the android app, 3 sec delay on the preview on wifi, i have about 300 feet range on the wifi, not bad.

Video preview while recording is not working tho.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined Mar 2007
365 Posts
Just to answer the question I posed some days ago... I have just tried the gp3 be with the live feed out from flytron and have not been able to find any noticeable latency, in fact I have hardly found any latency at all, would even say less than the 2..
On the other hand I have been setting the cam to record every now and then the last days and have not had any lock ups of any sort so far, fingers crossed. I also checked updates on the webpage and it said there is none for me so I guess its already up to date.. (have not checked today after this last release though but am not interested in the wifi app really anyway)..
petronio is offline Find More Posts by petronio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:54 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petronio View Post
Just to answer the question I posed some days ago... I have just tried the gp3 be with the live feed out from flytron and have not been able to find any noticeable latency, in fact I have hardly found any latency at all, would even say less than the 2..
On the other hand I have been setting the cam to record every now and then the last days and have not had any lock ups of any sort so far, fingers crossed. I also checked updates on the webpage and it said there is none for me so I guess its already up to date.. (have not checked today after this last release though but am not interested in the wifi app really anyway)..
if the update is fixing the random lockup problem, you should update it i think.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Does anyone in the USA sell a cable comparable to the Flytron yet? I figured that Tim would have something on his webstore by now.
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways