HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopForEver View Post
Can you see the image now with the GP3 Pinout ?

http://i.imgur.com/dwlGz.jpg?1
I bought a 10 pin USB connecter and tried this pinout without success. I'm starting to think there is a resistance between to pins or something in the original cable that triggers the live output of the camera. Anyone care to measure between ground and some of the pins on their to confirm?
dadde is offline Find More Posts by dadde
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadde View Post
I bought a 10 pin USB connecter and tried this pinout without success. I'm starting to think there is a resistance between to pins or something in the original cable that triggers the live output of the camera. Anyone care to measure between ground and some of the pins on their to confirm?
Mind if i ask were you got it? I've been searching but all i can find is min order 1000 pieces.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:06 PM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
803 Posts
This is off topic but, my wife can sew and make things pretty good. So she was curious if anyone who owns the new GoPro Hero 3 would be interested in a cushion cover which would cover the cam and protect it so you can attach it to your RC plane, heli, or quad without using the heavier case. It would just be a black slip cover with padding that the GoPro can easily slide into. Light weight and would protect it from scratches much better than just using the cam bare attached to an RC item.

She was also thinking of making AR Drone 2.0 attachments. Which would allow you to attach the GoPro to the bottom of the drone and fly around. You could adjust the angle a bit allowing you to film shooting straight down, forward, or inbetween.

She could also make other items you guys may need for the cam if there are enough interested in it.

So if you would be interested chime in please. And sorry if it's off topic, just trying to help out
Bravia3D is offline Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Just a quick jello test 1080 60 fps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F7DgX0KJI4
nice video there.

Looking at the shadow I see you are flying a QAV500. Getting one soon.
Does the anti vibration plate do what it says?
Ie is that the only suppression you are using.
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Just got my GoPro USB to AV cable and have already successfully hacked it. it works perfectly and there's no visible lag! Happy days are here!!! I created a how to video check it out:
GoPro Hero 3 USB Composite Video Cable Hack for FPV (2 min 5 sec)
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:57 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Yes the qav, I'm also running two small pieces of neoprene that came with the kit. But very happy with the frame, and now jello free gopro video after months of trying to get rid of it with my horyzon hdd camera.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:23 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
Just got my GoPro USB to AV cable and have already successfully hacked it. it works perfectly and there's no visible lag! Happy days are here!!! I created a how to video check it out:
http://youtu.be/6E-Wnt3heLI
Nice thanks for sharing
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,378 Posts
Not seeing any resistor on the PCB, but it wasn't fully exposed.
The pinout in the video seems to match the photo above with regard to video and audio out.
Are all the grounds connected together?

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Not seeing any resistor on the PCB, but it wasn't fully exposed.
The pinout in the video seems to match the photo above with regard to video and audio out.
Are all the grounds connected together?

ian
Yes all the grounds are connected to the body of the USB plug. I couldn't see clear enough through the resin on the PCB to see if there was a resistor or something else to make the video out work.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the video. I have been using mine with the wires spliced near the connector and was waiting for someone to cut into the connector before I tried the same. I am cutting mine apart now.
rjpmodel is online now Find More Posts by rjpmodel
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpmodel View Post
Thanks for the video. I have been using mine with the wires spliced near the connector and was waiting for someone to cut into the connector before I tried the same. I am cutting mine apart now.
Yeah, it's way better to hack the connector and remove the stiff and heavy wires. I needed a 90 degree USB cable to avoid the prop on my quad - the stock cable was in the path of the prop.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,127 Posts
Quote:
helpful video thanks.
Could you also supply 5v onto the usb plug to give it power during flying.
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
helpful video thanks.
Could you also supply 5v onto the usb plug to give it power during flying.
Yes, I don't see why knot. We just need to know which pin charges / supplies 5v. I don't have a fine enough multi-meter tip to probe the hacked GoPro cable to compare it's pins to the 10 pin USB photo posted earlier.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:07 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,156 Posts
thanks for the cable trick, i just ordered one from RMRC, 24$ with shipping to canada, hope someone find out how to supply 5v before i get it

thanks for the great video, im out to test the GoPro on low light now
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,378 Posts
The Hero3 charges with 5pin micro USB cables, so it's using the same pin on any cable
you put in there. The +5V pin is labelled in the photo earlier on this page.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member