SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2007
2,022 Posts
Anyone else need a Hero3 Black? I have no sales tax here so it'll just be cost of shipping and $399.99 for the camera. I just shipped one off to a guy in Denmark and as long as you'll cover the shipping (and fees so I'm not out), I'll get one off to you too.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
635 Posts
just trying some 4k slowed down in twixtor. only rendered to 720, shot on a ht-fpv
gopro hero3, 4k (0 min 12 sec)
yosemitez is offline Find More Posts by yosemitez
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Eagle Tree Vector & QAV400
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
Anyone else need a Hero3 Black? I have no sales tax here so it'll just be cost of shipping and $399.99 for the camera. I just shipped one off to a guy in Denmark and as long as you'll cover the shipping (and fees so I'm not out), I'll get one off to you too.
Thank you, the tracking number is already working
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:58 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
just trying some 4k slowed down in twixtor. only rendered to 720, shot on a ht-fpv
http://youtu.be/uYhcygSo5nA
Again, why are you slowing down, already extremely slow frame rate video?
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
635 Posts
Kinda looks cool and the quality at full rez is amazing!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,678 Posts
That was kinda cool, need to see more though!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Again, why are you slowing down, already extremely slow frame rate video?
Yep! If you want a slow down and only intend to upload in 720 anyway, using the 720p 120fps mode would make much more sense
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
635 Posts
it looks so much better than 720 even downsized. it was only a test to see what would happen and took a lot of experimenting. to try and render to 4k each time would have taken days.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Sep 2006
291 Posts
Made my own version of lens protecton. I used electrical tape, velcro, and attached it to "the frame". It will be used for FPV.

joop1987 is offline Find More Posts by joop1987
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,678 Posts
Nicely done on the lens protection but I have to admit, with a $400 camera I'm keeping mine in it's protective case! I'm such a wuss
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Sep 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Nicely done on the lens protection but I have to admit, with a $400 camera I'm keeping mine in it's protective case! I'm such a wuss
The case weights as much as the camera. I'm trying to use the least weight possible.
joop1987 is offline Find More Posts by joop1987
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
217 Posts
Hi all guys,

This is my first time posting here. I've reading all the thread bc I love gopro and thinking buy the Black Edition soon.

But what I want to contribute with, a little off-topic perhaps, is my experience with the jello effect. One year trying everything and finally got the method to permanently remove any sign of jello from the GoPro Hero I use.

I use a Jakub stabilizer and tryed all types of foams to attach the camera but the jello always was there. Finally, after many and deep brain acts , decided to suspend the camera without touching with anything that could transmit any vibrations. Used for this two wide rubber bands and a single vertical aluminum plate attached by its ends to the stabilizer. The shape of this aluminum "frame" is just for this stabilizer but I think other shapes work the same. Even with the jack plugged to the camera the wibrations have disappeared.

I hope it can be useful anybody . Attached images to explain what I did.

Good luck!
Jovito
jovito is offline Find More Posts by jovito
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
Made my own version of lens protecton. I used electrical tape, velcro, and attached it to "the frame". It will be used for FPV.

From where did you purchase the frame? They don't seem to be available on GoPro's site or at B&H Photo.

BTW B&H had a 2 year "Drop and Spill" damage warranty for $60. It made sense to me for a camera that would be flown by a rookie pilot.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:26 AM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
From where did you purchase the frame? They don't seem to be available on GoPro's site or at B&H Photo.

BTW B&H had a 2 year "Drop and Spill" damage warranty for $60. It made sense to me for a camera that would be flown by a rookie pilot.
the lens replacement kit for the gp3 is not available yet. you have to use the one that comes with the cam and take it off the case
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:35 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post

Would you be able to provide the weight of that case? I just took my lense cover off and did the same thing, but man i just cant think of it hanging on to my quad with some velco, and would like to keep it in a case. But the plastic on is so heavy.
Anyway looks nice in the frame case.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab