HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
Help!
IL2 1/8 scale plans laser cut parts?

Hello ..Does anyone know where to get a set of plans and or laser cut parts for an
IL2?
I know there was a guy Doug Marsh that use to have them but don't know if there still available?
I'm just starting to research this plane and what may be available any help would be appreciated.

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
Last edited by splinterz25; Oct 16, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,449 Posts
Skyshark R/C just released a laser cut 1/8 scale kit of this bird. Not cheap but top of the line quality.

http://www.skysharkrc.com/category/S...ik-IL-2-Kit-78
Chad Veich is offline Find More Posts by Chad Veich
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
Thanks Chad... Your right it's about $100 to much but looks very nice it's a shame you can't just but the laser cut parts and plans then they could drop that price down.
Well I'm just starting to look and who knows maybe they will drop the price?

Bruce
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:51 PM
USA, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2006
416 Posts
http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...a_filter_id=73
RCModeler plans service has this listed..it's 70" WS if that's any help and you don't mind cutting parts.
Hate to say this Bruce, I doubt that their going to drop the price, I remember when Skyshark kits were ~159.00
335driver is offline Find More Posts by 335driver
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:04 PM
Scale Builder
Joined Jul 2002
2,449 Posts
Skyshark was offering short kits of their other designs so maybe they will do the same with the Sturmovik. Couldn't hurt to send Mike an email and ask anyway.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:25 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Veich View Post
Skyshark was offering short kits of their other designs so maybe they will do the same with the Sturmovik. Couldn't hurt to send Mike an email and ask anyway.
Okay that's good info Chad I didn't realize they would do that I will have to inquire.

Thank you so much,

Bruce
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
I still would like to find other sets of plans and kit cutters if there are any others making
this plane.
I know it a harder plane to find but that's why I want to build this one even if I have to make all of my own pieces.
The fiberglass and abs plastic parts are not a big deal the laser cut formers would be nice and then I can buy all other wood needed as I go.

Bruce
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:48 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
Thanks again
Chad Mike said he can offer the short kit for $245 this is a really good deal for me it comes w/ this.
Laser-cut parts pack (40 sheets)
Plan set
Instruction manual
Misc parts such as retract plates, tail gear blocks, firewall, servo hatches, etc.

You would need the following:

Stick & sheeting wood
Canopy
Cowl
Gear pods
Exhaust stacks
Instrument panel
Wing tip block

I think this is how I'll go just found it a lot faster than I thought I would.

Bruce
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:04 PM
Scale Builder
Joined Jul 2002
2,449 Posts
Sounds good Bruce, good luck with it. Mike is a good guy and makes a top quality product. If you have not seen it he did a build thread on the prototype over at RC ScaleBuilder including some video of the test flights. The things looks like it flies like a big trainer! I will look forward to your build thread when the time comes.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:07 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Veich View Post
Sounds good Bruce, good luck with it. Mike is a good guy and makes a top quality product. If you have not seen it he did a build thread on the prototype over at RC ScaleBuilder including some video of the test flights. The things looks like it flies like a big trainer! I will look forward to your build thread when the time comes.
No I haven't seen it I'll go try and find it not sure where to look over there but I'll try.

It will be some time be for I start this IL2 I still have the other two on my plate but the wood work is coming to an end on those and I just like building out of balsa so when I can get this kit I'll have it ready when I need a break from the detailing and control surfaces on the Mossie and the P-38M.

Thanks for your help I told him you sent me and I thought this was going to take me weeks of looking now I need to put some $$ away and get this kit.

Bruce
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
Scale Builder
Joined Jul 2002
2,449 Posts
Here's a link to the full prototype build and Mike has started on a second one as well:
http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...TID=18812&PN=1

Here is the video link:
Skyshark RC Sturmovik IL-2.wmv (3 min 19 sec)
el&list=UL

I've never been a big fan of this airplane but after seeing this one fly, and also because of the interest generated by the recent restoration to flight of a full size one, I find it to be growing on me.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:50 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,140 Posts
I just checked it out and the way he has design the plane it almost looks like you could build this plane in less than a month! Very well thought out
I really like the history and the look of this plane in the winter camo this will be a good build to get a single engine plane in be for the next twin.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:37 PM
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined Jan 2011
1,070 Posts
http://www.camdencustomcutters.com/plans.html

Here you can get 7th, 6th, or 5th scale
scoobiemario is offline Find More Posts by scoobiemario
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:26 PM View Post
pilotdude2
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while pilotdude2 edits it. Show it to me anyway.